Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Rogers RF remote

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

https://www.rogers.com/web/support/tv/remote/416?setLanguage=en

Have yet to pick one up myself.. but will possibly try this week.

Its an RF remote, so it doesnt need line of sight.
This will be a great asset to people wanting to set up a home theatre, etc type of setup where the box may not be right infront of the TV itself.

Though.. the TV on/off part of it (or any other paired devices) will still be done via IR and not RF.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: New Rogers RF remote

Kev101
I've been here awhile

@kjcurley wrote:

@j-dub wrote:

Found how to turn the Volume Lock off. I have the DVD button programmed as a second TV button. This worked for me:

1. With the volume locked to TV, press TV.

2. Press and hold Setup until TV flashes.

3. Press Volume -.

4. Press the second device you want to control. In my case, DVD

5. Press DVD, test volume.

6. Press TV, test volume.

Both TV and DVD now control the volume on their respective TVs.

Hero.

Confirmed working - I can control my stereo volume (in Audio mode) and TV volume (in TV mode).

View solution in original post

335 REPLIES 335

JLast
I've been around

Just wondering i am having some issues with entering the RF Pairing Mode for the Nextbox 3.0. Anyone have some tips?

The instructions say:

Step 1 states: “Put STB or adapter to enter pairing mode (refer to RF PAIRING instructions supplied with STB or adapter)”.  

Just not sure what that means. Thanks for any help that can be provided 🙂

Hello, @JLast

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. Please follow the instructions below to pair the new RF remote control to the NextBox 3.0;

1. Press and Hold the SETUP key + UP ARROW at the same time to put the remote control in PAIRING MODE
  2. The CABLE button will continually flash until pairing is completed. Once pairing is successful, the LED under the cable key will flash twice

Hope the above instructions are helpful and you can follow the link posted in the message above for more details.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

PS: Thanks @Gdkitty for starting this thread. Smiley Happy

Hi RogersMoin, 

My question related to Picture-in-Picture (PIP).

I picked up a new remote for my Nextbox 3.0 and am unable to move the PIP box from 1 corner to another anymore. I also cannot change the PIP channel, I used to be able to make this happen using the previous remote.

Is there a solution to at least move the PIP box from 1 part of the screen to another using the new remote?

Hello, @JeffOgilvy

I appreciate your question related to PIP feature. It does seems like move function is not supported with this new RF remote model as the "move" button no longer exists. As for changing channels, once you turn PIP on, the left PIP window is active and you can directly input your channel number for it to change. You can swap the two PIP windows, however, you can't move one window to a different corner. I'm not sure if there is some sort of key combination to move the PIP window, I'll update this thread if I find more info, thank you for understanding. 

Any input from the Community regarding this issue?

Regards,

RogersMoin

headhoncho
I plan to stick around

I can't believe they removed the "move" button!  I don't want 2 small windows side by side, I want a small window in a corner with the other window full screen

this is a deal breaker for me - would I be able to get my other remote back?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @headhoncho

You can go into any Rogers Plus store and exchange the remotes without any fee.

headhoncho
I plan to stick around

great, thanks!

let me know when they put the "move" button back Smiley Tongue

sm30
I plan to stick around

Will this new remote work with the Netbox 2.0 8600 HD?

how do i pair the RF Remote to my nextbox 3.0?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @sm30

No that I know of. It was only announced to work with the NB3 and 4K box.

Candyman
I've been here awhile

@DannyGee

Use this to help program the RF function on the NextBox 3.0

https://www.rogers.com/web/support/tv/remote/416?setLanguage=en

Cheers.

Tominator
I've been here awhile

...good luck finding one. I have called every store within the Pickering to Oshawa area and there are NONE. Only 2 stores admitted to getting any and some stores advised they did not know the offer was sent out. Maybe next week is the standard response.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Tominator

Do remember they most likely are out of stock due to them just being released. It takes time for all the Rogers stores to get them in. I have i believe 4 of them sitting in my house ( i have 2 4k boxes which come with them and since I exchange it twice I got another 2)

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

For those wishing to properly programme their Rogers remotes, the following website is a good one. You can download the manual for the remote, find codes for various devices, etc.

http://www.urcsupport.com/

headhoncho
I plan to stick around

so I was going to take the remote back due to the PIP issue, but I did some experimenting and discovered the remote works for my digital adapter (changing channels, which is all I need it to do for the adapter) so I will use the adapter's original remote for my nextbox 3 and I'll have full PIP functionality again.  I just won't be able to change channels through a wall Smiley Tongue

cdagg
I'm here a lot

I just picked up the remote and got it all programmed with all my devices, but I am unable to change the input for my audio receiver.  With the old remote I just had to push the "AUD" button and one of the numbers to get the audio for my PVR or to change it for my Bluray, but now if I push a number it automatically switches to the Cable button and changes the channel.  Any way around this?

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@headhoncho wrote:

so I was going to take the remote back due to the PIP issue, but I did some experimenting and discovered the remote works for my digital adapter (changing channels, which is all I need it to do for the adapter) so I will use the adapter's original remote for my nextbox 3 and I'll have full PIP functionality again.  I just won't be able to change channels through a wall Smiley Tongue

How would you manage PiP with the DTA50 remote? It's just a very basic remote that changes channels and volume?

imgsize.jpg

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

headhoncho
I plan to stick around

the remote they gave me for the digital adapter is the same as the other remotes they gave me for the NB2 & 3

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Just curious, is this new RF remote free exchange for anyone with a rental box? What about if you own your box?

In fact, what is Rogers policy on replacing worn-out or defective remotes, whether you rent or own? @CommunityHelps

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

headhoncho
I plan to stick around

when I picked up the new remote they didn't ask for proof or id, they just handed it to me when I gave them the old one.  I tried to show them the email on my phone as I thought they would have to scan that bar code, but they said no, it's ok

so actually there's no record of me having this new one  LOL