New Rogers RF remote

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

New Rogers RF remote

https://www.rogers.com/web/support/tv/remote/416?setLanguage=en

Have yet to pick one up myself.. but will possibly try this week.

Its an RF remote, so it doesnt need line of sight.
This will be a great asset to people wanting to set up a home theatre, etc type of setup where the box may not be right infront of the TV itself.

Though.. the TV on/off part of it (or any other paired devices) will still be done via IR and not RF.

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I've Been Around

Re: New Rogers RF remote

Just wondering i am having some issues with entering the RF Pairing Mode for the Nextbox 3.0. Anyone have some tips?

The instructions say:

Step 1 states: “Put STB or adapter to enter pairing mode (refer to RF PAIRING instructions supplied with STB or adapter)”.  

Just not sure what that means. Thanks for any help that can be provided 🙂

Hello, @JLast

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. Please follow the instructions below to pair the new RF remote control to the NextBox 3.0;

1. Press and Hold the SETUP key + UP ARROW at the same time to put the remote control in PAIRING MODE
  2. The CABLE button will continually flash until pairing is completed. Once pairing is successful, the LED under the cable key will flash twice

Hope the above instructions are helpful and you can follow the link posted in the message above for more details.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

PS: Thanks @Gdkitty for starting this thread. Smiley Happy

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi RogersMoin, 

My question related to Picture-in-Picture (PIP).

I picked up a new remote for my Nextbox 3.0 and am unable to move the PIP box from 1 corner to another anymore. I also cannot change the PIP channel, I used to be able to make this happen using the previous remote.

Is there a solution to at least move the PIP box from 1 part of the screen to another using the new remote?

Hello, @JeffOgilvy

I appreciate your question related to PIP feature. It does seems like move function is not supported with this new RF remote model as the "move" button no longer exists. As for changing channels, once you turn PIP on, the left PIP window is active and you can directly input your channel number for it to change. You can swap the two PIP windows, however, you can't move one window to a different corner. I'm not sure if there is some sort of key combination to move the PIP window, I'll update this thread if I find more info, thank you for understanding. 

Any input from the Community regarding this issue?

Regards,

RogersMoin

I Plan to Stick Around

I can't believe they removed the "move" button!  I don't want 2 small windows side by side, I want a small window in a corner with the other window full screen

this is a deal breaker for me - would I be able to get my other remote back?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @headhoncho

You can go into any Rogers Plus store and exchange the remotes without any fee.
I Plan to Stick Around

great, thanks!

let me know when they put the "move" button back Smiley Tongue

I Plan to Stick Around

Will this new remote work with the Netbox 2.0 8600 HD?

I've Been Around

how do i pair the RF Remote to my nextbox 3.0?