No Network Unable to connect to rogers network

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sosa12
I've Been Around

Re: No Network Unable to connect to rogers network

Rogers! Whats going on here!?? 6 hours and counting g with no service is outrageous! And with absolutely no explanation as to why this is happening. I am pregnant and 3 weeks away from my due date and if something happens! I cannot call my husband, who is also with Rogers, to even let him know! This is unacceptable!

lenn
I've Been Here Awhile

And it doesn't look like it's ending soon?!!? Wth?! They charge enough to graciously use them and nothing. Not much information being shared either. I'm very angry.
-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I'm glad I still have a landline.  I'm also shaking my head in disbelief that the outage has lasted this long, and that NOBODY has reported that their corner of the network is working yet.  When that "software glitch" took most of Rogers' wireless network down a few years ago, Rogers promised that such a thing would never happen again.  Given the lessons learned (or that should have been learned) from that incident, I'm doubly surprised that such a widespread outage did in fact happen yet again, and even more surprised that we are still waiting for service to be restored.

Right now, I would just love to know what actually happened today.

jhutt
I've Been Here Awhile

Looking forward to seeing what type of credit we're given for this failure of your service. To be crystal clear, if your infrastructure has a single point of failure this catastrophic, I think that speaks very clearly to a failure of management and planning. This is my only phone, which I run my business from and I can't even know how much you've cost me today with this outage.

NoService2021
I've Been Here Awhile

My cellphone is my only phone.

I have had no way to contact emergency services all day.

And we pay the highest fee in the world....disgusting.

Laurenafast
I've Been Here Awhile

I am unable to send or receive text messages since noon today and can't speak with an agent because there are none available for the last 5 hours. The AI chat bot didn't tell me what was going on or how to fix it. I have no clue what to do. My bill is paid. I have mobile data to send Facebook messages and play music but texts specifically will not send/recieve. Can someone please help!?

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Evening Community!

We appreciate your continued patience. We’ve identified the root cause of today’s intermittent wireless outage and are continuing to work hard to restore full service for our customers.

Please see the latest here: https://about.rogers.com/news-ideas/a-message-from-jorge-fernandes-chief-technology-officer-at-roger...

And as always; feel free to visit Rogers Service Interruptions 

Nerds2You
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm back online as of 4:13 PM in Edmonton
Sarum1
I've Been Here Awhile

There will be no credit for this apart from maybe not being charged for the amount of time we were out of service..
Everyone on Rogers was affected, this cost their customers collectively millions upon millions of dollars, maybe even lives were lost due to 911 interruptions, who knows, but bottom line, Rogers could never reimburse that kind of money to everyone... ever...
This is why it’s in their terms of service, “they don’t guarantee service”

So don’t expect much as far as reimbursement
-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Good news — I’m back online! (NE GTA)