cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite Wifi HUB Assigned Devices Showing up as Unassigned

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor

We have created profiles and assigned devices to users.  This lasted about 5 days when all of the devices then showed up as not assigned.  They cannot be assigned back to users.  I then discovered that they ARE still assigned, somewhere, because time limits, off times and bedtimes still work. 

I deleted one profile, created a new one, and assigned profiles and this worked.  Tried it for another user, it did not.  A "new device" came online and was able to be assigned, and it still showing that way days later, to an existing profile. 

A tech support case was opened for this a week ago and assigned to "engineering", I followed up on Thursday and there was no update on it. 

I know the software is Comcast and Rogers might be limited, so I went to look to see if they have this problem.  It seems they do, but I could not find anyone with a solution to fix this.  (see here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-xFi/Assigned-devices-no-longer-assigned-and-are-now-renamed/td... ) 

If it matters, we have pods.  

Any ideas?  This is not local to our modem, but I have powered everything off and on. 

**Labels Added**

18 REPLIES 18

Re: Ignite Wifi HUB Assigned Devices Showing up as Unassigned

RogersTony

who Hello, @Don_Ca

Thanks for posting your concern in the Community!

I know how important it is for the user profiles to work properly in order to manage your Wi-Fi Network properly.

This is not an issue we've encountered here in the Community as of yet. Are there any other users in the Community experiencing a similar issue with the assigned devices in the user profiles in the Ignite Wi-Fi Hub app? Some of our RE's may be able to provide some input on this matter, I will be sure to tag them into this post. @Gdkitty, @-G-, have you noticed a similar issues with the Ignite Wi-Fi Hub app?

If you have not already, please uninstall and then reinstall the app on your device. Try setting up the user profiles with assigned devices again.

Let us know if issues are persistent.

RogersTony

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Don_Ca  Do you see the same information when you log into the Ignite WiFi Hub web portal as you do with the mobile app?

Also, do you get WiFi in your home using only the Ignite XB6 gateway + Pods or do you have other equipment (such as WiFi extender) in the mix as well?

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
Yes, only the Technicolour CGM4140COM and the pods.

I see the same thing in the app as on the web, which I expect since that part of the app is only a web interface loading the mobile version of the site. I did uninstall the app, and it made no difference, as I expected.

For RogersTony, I said in my post I tried deleting profiles with mixed results.

I know I am not alone, not just because of the Comcast customers with the issue, but also at least one person on DSLReports sees the same thing happen.

kibosh
I plan to stick around

I am also experiencing this. Once I got up to around 6 people is when I noticed random devices had disappeared from being assigned.  I also noticed that you can assign the “Unassigned” device to a different person but you cannot assign it back to the original person. 

Not sure if it’s related but I also notice that the devices tab will show ALL my devices as “Not connected”.  This is impossible since I Have 60 devices and am currently watching tv with 3 teenagers all streaming. 

Overall the app seems pretty flaky. 

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
I do not have that all not connected issue. Mine show up as they should. Have you tried to forgot a device showing as offline and see if it comes back?
I only have 4 profiles. Devices first assigned on a Saturday and then "unassigned" on the Wednesday (4 days). Not a good experience.

kibosh
I plan to stick around

The all unassigned comes and goes and really only shows briefly.  Most if the time it is populated with attached devices (I assume correctly haha).

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor

I had a text that there was a delay working on my case.  I did a chat with an agent and he says he himself has had 3 or 4 customers report this since about March 1.  These cases are all escalated.  He said if more people report it the higher priority it will be.  

Note that this is really a Comcast problem, this is their software probably running on their servers.  I suspect a software update around March 1 had introduced this problem.  

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor

No more responses from any Rogers people? 

Hello, @Don_Ca & @kibosh

We appreciate your diligence regarding this matter!

We are working closely with our engineering teams and our vendor to ensure that this issue is investigated and resolved.

We have been asked to gather more examples of cases where this issue is happening. If you already have a Ticket escalated or if you need to have a Ticket escalated please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can pass along your information as examples. Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, Click Here.

Thanks for your patience while we investigate and resolve this issue.

RogersTony

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor

@Community Helps does not show as a valid user to send a private message.  

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
Nevermind, I was able to finally get the PM sent.

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor

Just got the delay text:

Rogers Msg: Update on case number . There's been a delay in fixing the Ignite TV problem you told us about, but our technical teams are working on it. We're sorry it's taking so long. We will provide an update as soon as we can.

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
Still no update from any source, here or regular support.

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor

Still no update, I did not even get the text message this week saying it is taking time.  

kibosh
I plan to stick around

This seems to be fixed now

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
I noticed this last night. I am actually on chat right now with an agent following up to see what it says

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor

Notes on my case "The ticket has been completed and investigated. They haven't detected and network or app issue at this time. They advise to further troubleshoot". Utter nonsense.

Linda48
I've been around

icon disappeared from my IPHONE - tried adding back and error saying device not listed

Hub appeared later on phone - reset daughters time controls and icon disappeared again

used laptop to access hub and reset daughter and controls again - she disappeared off the hub totally - her iphone still listed

added her back as household, no option for weekday and weeknight settings, only total hours a day and could not change the icon from household to hers again????   assigned her iphone to household

not sure if this will stay

Topic Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 in conversation