AnyplaceTV Error "Refresh or Try Again Later"

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

AnyplaceTV Error "Refresh or Try Again Later"

Hello,

So I noticed this started happening about a week ago when trying to use the AnyplaceTV feature on my computer. I get an error that comes up that says "TITLE HERE is currently unavailable. Please try refreshing your browser or try again later." for certain movies. It's probably obvious but worth noting that "title here" above is just to replace the name of the movie in question since it only seems to be happening with certain ones while others are just fine...it seems random without a way to tell if it's going to work or not prior to the error.

None of the movies that have given that error over the last week have started working at all despite refreshing and/or trying again later like stated nor does a cookie clear seemed to have changed anything on the off chance something there might've been causing a glitch. I use Chrome as my browser like I always have and this problem only just started. So far I've only seen the issue with movies. To be fair I don't watch a lot of TV shows using the feature however I did click a few just to see and they always loaded just fine. I'll include a screenshot of the full error below, just a reminder this happens with many movies (though some are working) so the title in the screenshot isn't the only one affected.

Error.png

Highlighted

Re: AnyplaceTV Error "Refresh or Try Again Later"

Hello and welcome to our Community @canadianpunk!

I just tested it on my end using Chrome to see if I could reproduce this issue and was successfully able to start watching The Evil Dead (one of my favourite films!) without encountering the error. 

I would recommend checking for updates to make sure your Chrome browser is fully up to date. Short of that, if clearing cache doesn't help, you may need to try restoring Chrome's settings back to default or try reinstalling the browser.

Alternatively, you can opt to try a different browser as this does seem to be an issue with your Chrome browser specifically.

Please let us know if these troubleshooting steps help! 🙂

Regards,

RogersCorey

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I've already done all of that in terms of clearing cookies/cache for the browser, it's the first step I took. Chrome is also up to date, I always keep it that way. The only thing I hadn't attempted was restoring to default which has also done nothing to aid the situation.

I'm not installing a different browser just to use this service, it's not worth it. Chrome is my browser of choice and it's going to remain that way for all my online activities. Installing another for nothing other than AnyplaceTV isn't going to happen...nor should it be considered an actual solution to the issue because it isn't one. Nothing and I do mean nothing has changed on my end in the last week let alone a couple of months ago when this wasn't a problem. Every other type of streaming service (Netflix, YouTube, Amazon, Crave, etc) has gone unaffected and so I'll just stick with those services instead while accepting the gamble that AnyplaceTV might not load correctly if I try and use it again in the future.

Highlighted

Hi @canadianpunk!

Anyplace TV works on my Chrome browser without any error. Perhaps another Community member could test it out on theirs? Hey @Gdkitty, would you mind testing it out for us and sharing the results? 

Installing another browser isn't intended to be the final solution, rather it's intended to eliminate the possibility that this is a browser-specific issue. When troubleshooting issues such as this, there is some process of elimination involved if I cannot reproduce the issue from here and the browser is the best place to start.

If the issue occurs on another browser, then we can safely explore other possibilities.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Works fine for me on Chrome too.  Here's a checklist of browser related issues:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-load-certain-website-s-and-or-videos/m-p/42...

Highlighted
I've Been Around

@57 wrote:

Works fine for me on Chrome too.  Here's a checklist of browser related issues:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-load-certain-website-s-and-or-videos/m-p/42...

Chrome is my browser of choice and it's going to remain that way for all my online activities. Installing another for nothing other than AnyplaceTV isn't going to happen...nor should it be considered an actual solution to the issue because it isn't one. Nothing and I do mean nothing has changed on my end in the last week let alone a couple of months ago when this wasn't a problem.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Hawkward : If you look at the link switching browsers is not the only option. It is simply mentioned as a test. Have you tried Chrome Incognito mode because that will bypass your cookies?  Have you tried turning off extensions like adblocker?  Have you cleared your cache and Rogers cookies?  Etc.