cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Rogers email account in Outlook

E-SK
I plan to stick around

Hi - When will it be possible to add Rogers' email account to Outlook? If I can add a Yahoo email account, why is it impossible to add Rogers?

*Your insight is appreciated.

**Labels Added**

99 REPLIES 99

Re: Using Rogers email account in Outlook

Squidsurprise
I plan to stick around

As I have stated multiple times, the “new outlook” is NOT the same as Outlook. And when you use it, you do NOT have access to PST files.

I DO subscribe to Office - yes, I pay real money.

Take a look in your control panel (add/remove programs) and check out your installed programs. You will see MS Office, which will be a very large number (hundreds of MB), and you will also see the new Outlook - which will be something like 16kb… why is it so small? Because it is WEB BASED!!

I don’t want to - nor should I have to - toggle between interfaces just to get my Rogers email!!!!

Rogers should be supporting the PAID version of Outlook that resides on my PC - not the web-based “new” Outlook only!!

@Squidsurprise wrote:

As I have stated multiple times, the “new outlook” is NOT the same as Outlook. 

Stating it multiple times does not make it correct.  I have taken a screenshot of my Mac Applications and there you can see my Outlook App with 2.41 GB.  You can also see that it was used today a few minutes ago.

This has also been explained by @Avid- in the post above yours and in his previous post(s).  When I do a backup of my computer using Time Machine, to an external HDD, I can see all of my Outlook files on that HDD, including recent ones, (e-mails, appointments, calendar events, contacts, etc) on the backup.  

Outlook AppOutlook App

Squidsurprise
I plan to stick around
This is for MAC - I’m talking about Windows… kindly verify your comments are accurate for Windows before continuing to post.

@Squidsurprise : Still not willing to understand or realize that you're not correct?  The PC version was actually updated a month or two before the Mac Version.  Links below:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Can-t-create-App-password/m-p/514137/highlight/true#M... (September 2023).  there are other posts as well in various threads corroborating this)

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Can-t-create-App-password/m-p/517930/highlight/true#M... (December 2023)

Perhaps @Avid- has a PC.  

Avid-
I plan to stick around

Hi again.  Yes, I am working from a Windows 11 based PC.

As did 57, I checked my installed apps.  Outlook is listed and like Squidsurprise has indicated, it lists as having 20 something KB app space.  If you check MS 365 (Office), you will see its space is over 260 MB.  I speculate that the relatively small "Outlook" app interfaces with the main MS365 app and thus we get the full functionality and integration of the MS suite, including Outlook.  Have a great day!  🙂

Squidsurprise
I plan to stick around
It certainly interfaces with the main Outlook app but… but since it doesn’t use PST files, while you have access to all of your past emails form other accounts, you can’t view any “offline” Rogers emails - nor can you move them to PST files for archival purposes.

While this is certainly partly MS’ fault for wanting access to all of your data on the cloud, Rogers SHOULD still allow their accounts to be read on “regular” Outlook.

josk
I plan to stick around

Hi 

Realised that you are using Windows 11 based PC - I purchased Windows 11  when I purchased the new laptop, but find that the 'definition / or the contrast' is blurry - just wondering if it is just me? or is it Windows 11? - that it is blurry and difficult to see the wordings on screen?

thx.

@Squidsurprise & @Avid- : Here's an experiment.

1. Disconnect your computer from the internet. Unplug your Ethernet cable and turn off WiFi.

2. Confirm by launching a browser - should see nothing.

3. Launch Outlook.  If it launches, it's on your computer.

4. View/open your e-mails. If they exist and open, they are on your computer.

Avid-
I plan to stick around

Very good 57.  That is exactly what I did prior to my last post.  It worked as I knew it would - accessed messages in my inboxes, storage folders and PST file.  Oh, I'm using a Windows 11 PC just in case that is questioned again.  

Squidsurprise
I plan to stick around
I don’t think you understand my point… yes, my emails are on my computer - even offline as the OST files are on my PC…. But… the OST file is NOT an archive - OST files will synch with your email server once you are online… and they can’t be used to move emails back and forth, etc…

Outlook uses PST files for that - but the “new” Outlook doesn’t use PST files. When you switch to the new outlook for the first time, it will even warn you of this!

Again, Rogers simply refuses to support any offline email client - they refuse to fix their app password generator. Since they have recently discontinued creating new emails completely, we can only assume they have no plans of doing anything about this in the future either.

@Squidsurprise : I don't think anyone on this forum cares about any of that. They want an e-mail client that can fetch and send e-mails from the Rogers/Yahoo servers to/from their computer. 

The latest subscription version of Outlook does that. The Web-based version of Outlook does that, if you don't mind the ads. Thunderbird does that for PCs and might eventually for Macs. Mail for Mac computers doesn't work without an App PW at this time.

We are all aware that Rogers will not do anything to fix the App PW issue, as was mentioned in many of my previous posts.

Squidsurprise
I plan to stick around
That you continue to defend Rogers is inane. We are all paying Rogers money… a simple service like email should be accessible in any email client I want - not to mention probably the best (and most expensive) one!

If more people were like me and complained, perhaps Rogers would actually fix this.

kops
I'm here a lot

I have had this ticket opened since July of last year.   Rogers has confirmed (but not advertised) that it will NEVER support setting up a new email on Outlook.   I have confirmed through two separate sources at Rogers that they do not intend to resolve this issue, and (new) Outlook support is being phased out.   If you change your password or get a new device, your Outlook support is gone forever.    I encourage everyone to escalate this as it is absurd to revoke such a critical service.  In fact, it introduces risk, because now you cannot change your password without losing functionality.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@kops wrote:

1. Rogers has confirmed (but not advertised) that it will NEVER support setting up a new email on Outlook.   

2. I have confirmed through two separate sources at Rogers that they do not intend to resolve this issue, and (new) Outlook support is being phased out.   

1. I believe you may have been confused when discussing this with Rogers.  They have officially ended new e-mails per the following FAQ.  This should not affect current e-mail users/e-mail addresses, although the writing appears to be on the wall for Rogers e-mails (although that may take years)

https://www.rogers.com/support/internet/rogers-yahoo-mail-change-faq

2. As I mentioned in the following reply to you, the "new" subscription version of Outlook (part of MS365) does work and has been confirmed to work by several people on this forum.  The App PW has not been required for this Outlook subscription (New format/version) since late in 2023.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Email-problems/m-p/527228#M78912

In light of the above FAQ, which hints at "the writing on the wall for Rogers e-mail", when it comes to support from Rogers for e-mails, anything outside of Webmail may be "problematical."

Because of these issues a number of people have been migrating their e-mails to Gmail or Yahoo! Mail (not Rogers/Yahoo!), or to their own domain.

Avid-
I plan to stick around

Hmm...

The arrogance of Rogers no longer astounds me.  This behaviour demonstrates less and less commitment to loyal customers,  It may be time to switch ISP to Fibe, or at least migrate email services to Microsoft offerings.

josk
I plan to stick around

hey Resident Expert - seems like you are very knowledgeable with IT stuff - esp with Rogers email, etc.

yes - i am trying to migrate to outlook email (and hopefully I will be able to scrrap off @Rogers.com soon) - am still trying to navigate the new laptop - together with Office 11, and also trying to get help on my new laptop.

Topic Stats