Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

I tried sending my Modem info to the @CommunityHelps mod but the PM won't send, user is disabled from being sent messages??
Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Hey @Jason10,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I've doubled checked your profile to ensure all permissions are enabled, everything checks out fine. Can you try to PM @CommunityHelps again please? If you run into problems, let us know and I'll have Communityhelps reach out to you.

Cheers,

RogersCilio

I've Been Here Awhile

Hello @RogersCilio

There is no member with the username name: . Their names have been removed from the Send to list.

Is the message I get when trying to send them a PM
Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Hey @Jason10,

I had Communityhelps reach out to you. This may sound like a silly question, but by any chance are you including the @ symbol, followed by the username? If so, then that'll be the problem.

In the 'Sent to', don't include the @ symbol with the username. Just simply put in the username Smiley Happy.

Hope that helps!

RogersCilio

I've Been Here Awhile

Yes I did include the "@" in the username
I'm Here A Lot

Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial
I'm Here A Lot

Please add me!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@donnelly_7 to signup for the trial firmware if you're interested, send a private message to @CommunityHelps  Follow that link to the public page for @CommunityHelps and then select the link on the right hand side to "Send this user a private message" to navigate to the message composition page. It will already be addressed. 

Fill in the title: Rocket Modem Firmware Trial

In the text area, add your modems:

MAC Address
Serial Number
Modem Model: this can be found on the product sticker at the back of the modem, CGN3xxxx 

The first two can be found in the Status page when you log into the modem or on the back of the modem. They can be copied from the Status page and pasted into the message. 

When you're logged into the forum, watch for a number overlaid on your avatar at the top right hand corner signifying a response from one of the moderators. Select that link and follow it down to your message inbox.  You should see a disclaimer that has to be acknowledged prior to loading the latest version of trial firmware. 

Keep an eye open on this thread or the Open Issues thread for any particular requirements for rebooting or running a factory reset on a modem with trial firmware loaded.  The usual rule these days is that a modem reboot or restart is fine to run.  A Factory Reset will cause the modem to revert to the current production firmware for that modem.  

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Reporting a bug, as originally posted here:

Hitron CODA-4582 user on 2.0.10.31.  If user has IPv6 disabled and wants to manually set DNS servers, you cannot leave the IPv6 DNS1 or DNS2 addresses blank.  Instead you get an error message:

[ERROR] - Please input the DNS infomation !

Likewise, if user has IPv4 disabled, you cannot leave the DNS1 or DNS2 addresses blank.  I recommend the following bugfixes:

• Only show all 4 DNS addresses when running in Dual mode
  • Fix the spelling mistake for "infomation" in the above error message
Network Architect
Network Architect

@wongnog wrote:

Reporting a bug, as originally posted here:

Hitron CODA-4582 user on 2.0.10.31.  If user has IPv6 disabled and wants to manually set DNS servers, you cannot leave the IPv6 DNS1 or DNS2 addresses blank.  Instead you get an error message:

[ERROR] - Please input the DNS infomation !

Likewise, if user has IPv4 disabled, you cannot leave the DNS1 or DNS2 addresses blank.  I recommend the following bugfixes:

• Only show all 4 DNS addresses when running in Dual mode
  • Fix the spelling mistake for "infomation" in the above error message

Thanks, reported to Hitron.