Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

is anyone here getting better results with the new firmware? were averaging 120 D/l and 30up, and signal drops and reboots on wifi or ethernet.   We have zero problems before we upgrded from the black modem. 

I'm Here A Lot

Hey guys...new to the form.

I just picked up the new coda-4582 modem and love it.  Have had it for a week tomorrow and it still indicates the .24 firmware is loaded.  Is there a newer firmware released as of yet?  I heard or read that possibly .26 is in trial or released?

I have been experiencing a number of drops on wifi and as well loss of connectivity on wired connections.

Seems to have been a lot more over last few days.

Appreciate any feedback. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@fancyb

@fancyb wrote:

Hey guys...new to the form.

I just picked up the new coda-4582 modem and love it.  Have had it for a week tomorrow and it still indicates the .24 firmware is loaded.  Is there a newer firmware released as of yet?  I heard or read that possibly .26 is in trial or released?

I have been experiencing a number of drops on wifi and as well loss of connectivity on wired connections.

Seems to have been a lot more over last few days.

Appreciate any feedback. 

.24 is the latest network wide release. You can sign up for the Beta Program to get the latest Beta firmware, but be aware that beta firmware may have issues.

to sign up for the beta program you need to send a message to @CommunityHelps with the subject: firmware trial. Be sure to give them your account number, modem mac address and serial number. You can log in to the modem for the serial/mac address.

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm on 2.0.10.26T2 and am getting HORRIBLE WiFi speeds.  When I was able to get speeds of upwards of 500Mbit, I'm lucky to see 80-100Mbit right now.  Any way of going back to an older version because this is unacceptable.  Thanks!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@bla2342342342

@bla2342342342 wrote:

I'm on 2.0.10.26T2 and am getting HORRIBLE WiFi speeds.  When I was able to get speeds of upwards of 500Mbit, I'm lucky to see 80-100Mbit right now.  Any way of going back to an older version because this is unacceptable.  Thanks!

You can go back to the network wide release firmware by doing a factory reset of the modem. Use a pen tip or similar object to push and hold the reset button on the back of the modem for 10 seconds, then release. The modem will reboot and you'll have to set everything back up.

I Plan to Stick Around

@gp-se wrote:

@bla2342342342

@bla2342342342 wrote:

You can go back to the network wide release firmware by doing a factory reset of the modem. Use a pen tip or similar object to push and hold the reset button on the back of the modem for 10 seconds, then release. The modem will reboot and you'll have to set everything back up.

Thanks.  I just did a rollback to .24 and I'm _very_ happy there.  Network shares were fixed with that release so I'm gonna stick with this for now.

Only thing I forgot about was running an ethernet connection to the router to restart and now I'll have to reset all of my forced IP addresses again.  A bit of pain.  :/

I've Been Here Awhile

still waiting for it to be pushed.....taking a long time

Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Hi @travelguy89

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Wait times can definitely be testing. Are you able to confirm the firmware version?  We don't have any pending requests at this time.

Let us know to further assist.

RogersPrasana

Rogers Employee EhmTeeEhf
Rogers Employee

I just got my CODA a couple of weeks back and it came stock with the .26 firmware. Is there any way to go back to .24 I too am having horrible latency and wifi speeds.

Please advise

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you reboot the modem it will update to .27 which is a much better firmware version.  .27 was released today as the latest production version for the 4582.  As usual, my advice, after the update the reboot is complete, is to run another reboot.  I've always seen better performance after an update and second reboot.   Can you post the downstream and upstream tables from the STATUS .... DOCSIS WAN page.  The copy and paste process will paste in the text data from the tables.