Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

I'm on the newest version of the Coda modem (with the black dot) with firmware .20. Yesterday my garage door openers and ring doorbell which are connected to the 2.4ghz lost their connection and required a modem reboot. This is the first time this has happened. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Thanks

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@traghipp wrote:

I'm on the newest version of the Coda modem (with the black dot) with firmware .20. Yesterday my garage door openers and ring doorbell which are connected to the 2.4ghz lost their connection and required a modem reboot. This is the first time this has happened. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Thanks

my ecobee 3 thermostat lost it's 2.4Ghz connection after 8 days of the modem running, I also had to reboot the modem for it to reconnect. This isn't the first time either, after about a week it happends again and I have to reboot  the modem to get the ecobee 3 back online.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I just got the new .23 firmware on my Coda 4582 modem. My speeds seem much slower. I'm not sure what changes they made with this new firmware. Hopefully they will work the rest of the bugs out and improve the speed.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@SickBeast force a restart on the modem.  Pull the power plug from the wall socket, wait for 30 seconds and plug it back in.  That should solve the "slow data rate after update" problem.  If for some reason that didn't work, my next step would be to run a factory reset.  I normally do a factory reset after every firmware load, up or down in version.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Datalink wrote:

@SickBeast force a restart on the modem.  Pull the power plug from the wall socket, wait for 30 seconds and plug it back in.  That should solve the "slow data rate after update" problem.  If for some reason that didn't work, my next step would be to run a factory reset.  I normally do a factory reset after every firmware load, up or down in version.

Thanks.  I just tried both of those things and it made no difference.  I have a feeling Rogers has to make some changes on the back end to help boost the speed with the new firmware.  The same thing happened to me before on the .20 firmware.  I was getting really bad speeds and then after a few days my speeds were great.  Rogers Dave said he's confident that he can get everything working well soon, so I will just be patient.  I'm getting about 400mbps which still isn't exactly "slow" in the grand scheme of things.  It's just that it's less than half of what I'm supposed to be getting.  Last week I was often getting 800-900mbps which was great.

I Plan to Stick Around

@SickBeast wrote:

@Datalink wrote:

Thanks.  I just tried both of those things and it made no difference.  I have a feeling Rogers has to make some changes on the back end to help boost the speed with the new firmware.  The same thing happened to me before on the .20 firmware.  I was getting really bad speeds and then after a few days my speeds were great.  Rogers Dave said he's confident that he can get everything working well soon, so I will just be patient.  I'm getting about 400mbps which still isn't exactly "slow" in the grand scheme of things.  It's just that it's less than half of what I'm supposed to be getting.  Last week I was often getting 800-900mbps which was great.

wow .. thanks for sharing this... i am seeing the exact same issue .. with coda black dot modem.. for some reason my download speeds are always limited at 400mbps with .23 firmware. i didnt see this issue with .19

Tried Factory Reset

Tried Hard Reboot

Wired Connection 

Tried Connected the modem directly 

Non Bridge Mode

No Change in speed - Just stuck at 400mbps .. 

I am still on Docsis 3.0 

I Plan to Stick Around

I have had the coda 4582 without the black dot. channels would be missing and wifi poor. pixel and pixel xl disconnects. ping was 30 ms. I now have the one with the black dot and still no difference. I have noticed this one is on 2.0.10.13. how can I get this upgraded?

I Plan to Stick Around

The modems with old firmware typically get updated automatically within 24-48hrs of being online, you just need to be patient.

I Plan to Stick Around

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Hucklebury can you log into the modem, navigate to the STATUS .... DOCSIS WAN page, copy the downstream and upstream tables and paste them into a post, just to see where the signal levels are?  That copy and paste process will paste in the text data from the tables.