Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Regular

Re: Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

Thanks @RogersDave I do want to get the coda modem but reading all these negative reviews from speeds dropping big time it's stopping me on getting this modem. Is there a way for you to find out this new coda modem does actually work okay in my area with no complaints of Downgrade speeds ? And you say that the .27 firmware on the CGNM 3552 will downgrade my upload to 15 mb but I'm getting that now on my acsmr on .27 firmware ? And I'm on ignite 250/20 plan so it's not a CGNM 3552 issue
I'm Here A Lot

Is there any way to tell if the area I'm in has DOCSIS3.1 deployed?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you have a CODA-4582 modem, the front download LED will be cyan in colour denoting 3.1.  For Docsis 3.0, its blue.  If you look at the OFDM Downstream data in the STATUS .... DOCSIS WAN page, you will probably see one OFDM channel active if 3.1 is up and running in your area.

I'm a Regular

What's the benefits of docs 3.1 anyway ? Will it benefit me even thou I'm only on ignite speeds
I'm Here A Lot

Sorry, I meant to ask - if you don't have a CODA-4582 modem, is there a way to tell if DOCSIS 3.1 has been deployed? Will support be able to tell me that?

I'm a Regular

As of right now which modem will give me the better pings/latency when it comes to gaming the coda with firmware 20 or the acsmr with firmware .27 or 28 if it ever comes out.
I'm Here A Lot

The CODA will, however I would probably recommend to wait 3-4 weeks with that until all issues are resolved as some are pretty severe (IMO). So if you have another modem right now and its running fine, I would recommend you to wait until the major CODA issues get resolved.

That said, I had no gaming issues with 3552 running firmware .27, but that does limit your upload to ~20 Mbit.

I Plan to Stick Around

I am a PC gamer and I have the 4582. I don't see much difference in ping times but I don't see the really extreme ping spikes. It seems that the latency issues with the puma 6 chipset are not getting addressed by intel. My advice would be to get the 4582 with the .20 firmware. More updates are coming for this modem as the others like what you have and the 3552 seem to be at a standstill
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Supposedly Docsis 3.1 is only in some areas but you should see the houses on the front of the gateway turn from blue to purple. I am not 100% sure but this is what I heard.
I Plan to Stick Around

Still waiting for firmware update. Can someone check and make sure that my device has been added to the queue? I signed up for it on the 15th and there hasn't been an update to the firmware yet.