Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

The Rogers Community Forums has always played an important role in providing important feedback regarding our products and services. We are excited to offer our users an opportunity to participate in a trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACSMR, CGN3ACR and CGN3AMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). This program is exclusive to registered users of the Rogers Community Forums (space is limited).

The new firmware includes the following features and enhancements:

• IPv6 enabled by default
  • Security enhancements
  • Fix to preserve LAN connectivity in case of HFC outage or loss of signal
  • Addition of Wi-Fi Survey functionality
  • Improved stability of WPS function
  • Improved Wi-Fi performance
  • Various minor GUI changes and improvements

If you are interested in participating, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps with the subject line “Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial”.  A member of our team will be in contact with you and provide you with further instructions.

We’re keen to receive feedback on this new firmware. Once you've received the new firmware, please provide your feedback directly in the FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial thread. 

Questions regarding this program can be posted below.

***Please note - you must be a registered user of the Rogers Community Forums in order to participate.  To register, please follow these steps.***

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

625 REPLIES 625

Re: Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

mnm
I'm here a lot
Hi there, I just sent a PM because I'm interested in the firmware trial. I need the chromecast fix.

Thanks.

gobywind
I've been here awhile

Please add me and sending me the updat firmware.

I am using Rocket Wi-Fi Modem CGN3ACSMR. It has serious issue with linking to Google Chromecast through wi-fi.  

Thanks a lot and look forward to hearing from you. 

Wayne 

@gobywind please see post #63 on the following page for instructions to request trial version 4.5.8.22:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/342...

gobywind
I've been here awhile

I can't find post 63 in the link you sent to me. Would you please send me the correct link. Thank you!

gobywind
I've been here awhile

Here's what it's showing on my moderm: 4.5.8.21

On the page that the link takes you to, scroll up to Message #63 of 70.  That's my post that contains instructions for requesting 4.5.8.22

baldone25
I've been around

Thank you! Looking forward to testing.

snallamu
I've been here awhile

hi ,

im unable to cast anything from laptop /android devices via google chrome cast .I contacted chromecast support and they mentioned that there is an issue with rogers modem firmware update .My modem model is CGN3ACSMR.Please Fix it ASAP!!!

Tabeer
I've been here awhile
I need this
Please add me to this trial. I have had significant issuses with my GCN3ACSMR modem; connectivity loss, range, chromecast issues .Please send me a download link and instructions for installing the firmware.

Bruno1
I'm here a lot

Hi,

I'm a new Rogers customer and I'm having a hard time setting up my Chromecast TV (first generation) and Chromecast Audio to my new router (Hitron CGN3). I was told by technical support that I may need a new version of the firmware. Can I get a link to this firmware please?

Thanks!

Hello @Bruno1 @snallamu @Tabeer,

Welcome to the Community Smiley Happy

If you are interested in participating, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps with the subject line “Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial”.  A member of our team will be in contact with you and provide you with further instructions.

If you're unsure how to send a PM, you can find the guide here, on how to do so.

Regards,

@RogersCilio

Hello @Bruno1 @snallamu @Tabeer,

If you have any problems contatcting @CommunityHelps, have a look at message #63 on the following page regarding the trial firmware:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/342...

lucymg3
I've been around
Hello
I am having problems to cast from chrome (in my iPhone) to the tv
Is this article true??

"The Cast team is aware of an issue where Chromecast devices are no longer discoverable on the network for users using Rogers Internet Service Provider (ISP). The Cast team is working with Rogers to fix the issue.
In the meantime, Rogers has offered an upgrade to your modem that will help resolve the issue. To receive this upgrade, you'll need to visit the Rogers community forum using the links below"

Tabeer
I've been here awhile
Where is the links to upgrade the modem?

Khushwants2
I've been around
Hi team. M looking forward for updates on my Rogers. Please feel free to reach me for it

jjbolduc
I've been here awhile

I need the firmware beta upgrade to fix my ipad chromecasting ability.

Thanks Jim

dianelitalien71
I've been around

I would like to participate in the trial.  

Please provide me with the firm BETA.

Hello @lucymg3, @Tabeer, @Khushwants2, @jjbolduc, @dianelitalien71@anthonysingh, @carolorr

Please have a look at message #63 on the following page regarding the trial firmware which resolves casting problems:

@dianelitalien71

Can you remove your personal email address and phone # from your post.  This is for your own online security and protection  🙂

popalz7
I've been here awhile

Brand new 1st  Gen Chromecast is not working from last few weeks,  ROUTER needs firmware update!