Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

The Rogers Community Forums has always played an important role in providing important feedback regarding our products and services. We are excited to offer our users an opportunity to participate in a trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACSMR, CGN3ACR and CGN3AMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). This program is exclusive to registered users of the Rogers Community Forums (space is limited).

The new firmware includes the following features and enhancements:

• IPv6 enabled by default
  • Security enhancements
  • Fix to preserve LAN connectivity in case of HFC outage or loss of signal
  • Addition of Wi-Fi Survey functionality
  • Improved stability of WPS function
  • Improved Wi-Fi performance
  • Various minor GUI changes and improvements

If you are interested in participating, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps with the subject line “Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial”.  A member of our team will be in contact with you and provide you with further instructions.

We’re keen to receive feedback on this new firmware. Once you've received the new firmware, please provide your feedback directly in the FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial thread. 

Questions regarding this program can be posted below.

***Please note - you must be a registered user of the Rogers Community Forums in order to participate.  To register, please follow these steps.***

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

625 REPLIES 625

Re: Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

@Square, yup, thats a terrible firmware version.  I'm surprised that you're still on it and that it hasn't been updated to 4.5.8.16 or 4.5.8.20.  Have a look at the first post in the following thread to ask for 4.5.8.21 which resolved problems seen in 4.5.8.20.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/thread-id/3315...

George10
I've been around

Hi please send me the firm ware for the Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552).   I can't seem to send a private message to  @CommunityHelps 

A message has been sent to @CommunityHelps.  Keep an eye out for a mail indication at the upper right hand corner of the page when you are logged into the forum.  You can then respond to the message.

Good evening @George10,

A member of our team has reached out to you via Private Message directly! Smiley Wink

We actually replied to the message you sent us earlier and it is indicated that you have not read it yet from your Forums inbox. Could you provide more details on the issue exprienced?

Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

Thanks so much @Datalink!

RogersMaude

km87
I've been here awhile

please sign me up for this

km87
I've been here awhile
please confirm I am now using this trial.

@km87 wrote:

please sign me up for this

Hi km87,

In order to sign up for this trial, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps. They will send you the appropriate instructions.

frestagno
I've been around

Please enroll me in the trail. I hace issues with chromecast which may be resoilved by the firmware trial.

I am also interested in the firmware as having issues with chromecast. Please enroll

Hello @bota999

Please follow the instructions listed on the first post. Send a Private Message to @CommunityHelps as indicated. For more information on our Private Messaging system, visit this link here.

RogersAsif

Faiz1
I've been around

Hello - I need to register for the rocket modem firmware trial. I am unable to keep my Chromecast connected  with my tv. It keeps disconnecting, such a pain!

Thanks

jcgeerts
I've been here awhile

Rogers Office of the President contacted Tier 2 support and updated the firmware on my modem to 4.5.8.22.

Please include me in future notifications and updates via email.

Regards,

Joe Geerts

Hello @jcgeerts

Please follow the instructions listed on the first post. Send a Private Message to @CommunityHelps as indicated. For more information on our Private Messaging system, visit this link here.

RogersAsif

Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Karisat
I've been around

Please add me to the trial! Looking forward to having my internet working good with casting again. Thank you!

Re: Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

@Karisat, please have a look at the post just above your post.

jcgeerts
I've been here awhile
It is not clear what I am supposed to do. Please advise with clear and concise instructions.

Hello @jcgeerts

If you are interested in participating, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps with the subject line “Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial”.  A member of our team will be in contact with you and provide you with further instructions.

If you don't know to send a Private Message, please review this link http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/blogs/blogarticlepage/blog-id/CommunityBlog/article-id/535

If you click on the highlighted text "CommunityHelps" above, it will take to you the profile page. From there, on the right hand side you will see "Send this user a Private Message".

RogersAsif

Follow that link on the @CommunityHelps page, on the right hand side to "Send this user a Private Message".  That takes you to the message composition page which is already addressed.  Fill in the title and appropriate text and hit send.  The mods will send an private message that you will have to acknowledge.  

shelly-shelley
I've been around

hi i would like to know more about the modom with chromecast.

thank you

mehaid
I've been around

Please send me the firmware

Thanks

twopher
I plan to stick around
How do I send a private msg for Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial