cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting installation of FTTH (Fiber to the Home) internet?

MichaelL
I've been around

I was a Rogers customer before. months ago, one Rogers rep knocked on the door to notify me that the FTTH is available at my address and told me someone will come to. install FTTH for me if I switched to Rogers interenet.

and I also saw some workers laid the fiber cable to the side of my house. but currently, when I called the Rogers customer service, they had no idea about FTTH, still ask me to use coax if I want to use Rogers internet.  

which department or person should  I contact if I want to use FTTH Rogers internet ? 

**Adding Labels**

46 REPLIES 46

Re: Requesting installation of FTTH (Fiber to the Home) internet?

RogersYasmine

Hey @MichaelL,

I can understand your excitement and interest in possibly having FTTH installed in your area! 🙌

When the Rogers rep knocked on your door, do you recall if they had you sign a consent form to have FTTH installed on your property? If needed, we can have a look at our construction schedule to confirm if we've already been in your area or will be in your area shortly. 

If you are interested in obtaining internet services with us again, we'd absolutely be thrilled to have you! To set up services, simply reach out to any of our customer support teams to get the ball rolling. Please CLICK HERE to view the various avenues of support available and select either 'Service Changes' or 'General Inquiries' to view all options.

You may also send us a Private Message here @CommunityHelps. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please CLICK HERE.

Thanks so much!

RogersLaura

gcerullo
I plan to stick around

The regular Rogers Customer Service reps can't help you with this.

You need to call 1-844-760-3908

More info about Rogers Fibre to the Home is available here:

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/faqs-about-rogers-fibre-internet

WestPoint
I plan to stick around

@CommunityHelps I am having the same problem, even when i call the number listed on the FAQ and this forum, I cannot reach a support agent who can upgrade my service to FTTH.

I currently have a gigabit plan with the CODA modem, and I have not had stable internet in like 3 years, and I believe its becasue im at the end of the block of my local node, and the siganl simply cannot stand the distance. My speed tests are always around 150 Mbps, even with my Wifi 6 (AX) router and laptop, I cannot get the speeds i pay for.

I would like the FTTH service, so its fiber to my home and only COAX the last few fet to my modem, not the whole block. I know they just installed it about 2 months ago in my area, they dug up everyones lawns to insall boxes and run the line underground, but I still cannot get anyone to upgrade my servie to use it.

Can someone help me??

I dont mind providing the written conest, like with the CODA firmware beta, I just dont know who to message or call and im loosing my mind...

Please help

gcerullo
I plan to stick around

How do you know the FTTH installed in your neighbourhood is from Rogers? Did you get any notice or mail from Rogers?

WestPoint
I plan to stick around

Im assuming its rogers, becuase my neighbour has had Bell fiber for long time already, and they ran an above ground cable to his house, and then 2 months ago, like i said, eveyone got their yards dugs up and a new fiber line was run down the entire block under eveyones yard.

The guys installing it told my neighbour it was a fiber line, and since he already has one with Bell and they didnt change his to this new line, I have too assume its Rogers because who else in Toronto is running residential Fiber line under peoples lawns and installing access boxes?

Either way, I want to know from @CommunityHelps or someone, who I can contact that will, first, FOR SURE know that Rogers is in fact running FTTH in Toronto, because every single agent I speak too, say they have no idea and as far as they know there is no direct FTTH serivce in Toronto at all, which is just unture. Second, they need to know how to check if the service has indeed be installed in my area specifically, and third, how to upgrade me to that service.

WestPoint
I plan to stick around

Im so sick of the lack of support for my situation and internet quality, that at this point, I would be more than willing to PAY rogers to install the dang line to my house from the node, like Bell did for my neighbour, above ground on the utility lines, I just cant get anyone at Rogers to even understand that there is fiber service in Toronto past the nodes

gcerullo
I plan to stick around

I understand. Makes sense. Only problem is it's only been a couple of months so, although the fibre has been run, they probably haven't made the connections to the central/back office. That would explain why no one at Rogers is aware of it yet. 

Once the connections have been made and the fibre lines become live I'm sure you'll get a notice and be able to order the connection. Also, things may have slowed down a little as Rogers deals with Corona Virus related delays.

Hello, @gcerullo & @WestPoint.

Thank you both for your interest in Fibre to the Home (FTTH) service. We have started construction as of May 2019 to eventually bring Fibre to the Home (FTTH) to homes throughout Ontario. For more info, you can check FAQs about FTTH as posted by @gcerullo in the previous post. 

Feel free to send us a private message at @CommunityHelps, and we can check if more info is available for your address. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

WestPoint
I plan to stick around

@gcerullo the only problem with that excuse is that connections have already been made and they are live, becuase my roommate does New Rogers Fiber installations in Condos and new townhouses ect, and some places he ran months ago, are already live and using the service becuase poeple live there and not too mention the other forum threads about issue with the FTTH service, there always will be, like any serivce, and the Mods who reply tell those people to check their Fiber to Coax converter and their modem before calling support... which means they have the FTTH service and its running and being used.

I will go ahead and PM @CommunityHelps as suggested, I thought that by tagging them here someone would simply reply, or contact me directly, but since not, I will just message them and find out what the deal is...

WestPoint
I plan to stick around

@gcerullo  like here:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/New-Ignite-TV-Self-Install/m-p/461303

they are tlaking about a new install being setup, it prooves Rogers is running the service on the new lines as soon as they are installed, and it would just be stupid to run new lines, and not connect and test them, thats just stupid, they would never run a neighbourhood and leave them disconnected anywhere, they need to test and check every line and that means being connected at the local node/rogers offices.....

And my speed and stability issues have been going on for 3 years, its nothing to do with Covid19, the limits rogers put during covid appear to be about 150Mbps on a 1Gbps connection, which isnt going too kill me, but its still ridiculous.... but its the best ive gotten in the last 30days.....

before covid I could somtimes get upto 350 or 400, but ive NEVER ONCE had my full speed, and ive had my coax line from the node replaced twice by Teir 3 support, and my CODA modem replaced atleast 8 times... this is all verifable byu a rogers support person in my account. and im just getting so sick and tired of it....

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@WestPoint  Did you try calling the toll-free telephone number in the FTTH FAQ and ask about availability/scheduled construction in your area?

When Rogers is laying down fibre, it might be for FTTH or it might also be that your area is only getting Remote PHY, which is basically a fibre-connected mini-node that serves 50 homes but still delivers service to the home by coax.

user1966
I plan to stick around

Hello,

Rogers through their NuBuild contractor is upgrading the trunk circuit in our area.  (north of Ramona and South of 16th Ave from what I have seen). 
Does anyone know when the truck circuit will be upgraded in the area south of Ramona Blvd?  Also, since they are installing a new fibre backbone, does this mean Fibre to Node (right inside the house) will be an option in the future? Is this something the home owner can pay for?

Thanks...

user1966
I plan to stick around

In the referenced FAQ, the Toll Free number  provided , 1-844-760-3905, is no longer in service.  They point  you back to the general customer service line at 1-888-764-3771.  There is no VRU option for construction so you have to select the general customer service option for which there is a very long waiting time.

Hello @user1966,

Thank you for posting your questions here in the community and for your interest surrounding FTTH! 

If you’re interested in having fibre to your home, we can arrange that depending on where your address is on the construction schedule. If your address is currently eligible, you can provide us with verbal consent and we can take your name and address down and make sure the fibre drop is added to your home. Please note: this construction work is at no cost to you. Please send us a Private Message @CommunityHelps so we may have a look to confirm.

For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Thank you kindly!

RogersLaura

What benefits does FTTH bring?

Will it automatically bring my gigabit plan from 1gb/30mb to 1gb/1gb?

gcerullo
I plan to stick around

@squadz wrote:

What benefits does FTTH bring?

Will it automatically bring my gigabit plan from 1gb/30mb to 1gb/1gb?

Certainly that is one of the main benefits people are looking forward to.

@squadz at the present time, Rogers use of FTTH simply replaces the copper cabling that runs from the neighbourhood node to your home.  There is no change from the DOCSIS technology that is presently used with the copper cabling.  So, there is no difference in the data rates from copper cabling to FTTH.  

Having said that, there is a new FTTH installation that is currently being installed in Kanata.  The jury is still out as the installation is not complete so no one knows what modem type will be installed, fibre or copper cable connected.  Speculation is that it will finally be a true fibre system,end to end including the modem, but, that remains to be seen.  If this is the case, that Rogers is finally going towards a true fibre system, then perhaps higher upload rates will be seen.

Hi

Can someone share the Data/Speed plans available with Rogers Fiber to the Home?

I dont understand why Rogers cant add the availability map of FTTH on their website. It would be so easy for all to get the info. They could have also added consent form in My account as well. 

They can also put construction progress or availability details on their website. This would have easily reduce the load in their customer care .

Further why Rogers is not promoting FTTH properly, they have been saying they are upgrading or installing since 2019 but till date you cant even find the plans under FTTH.

All they are saying its FTTH and its better (too short to define many things)

u cant expect this from a Tech company in communication 

Square
I'm a reliable contributor

Excellent post!!  Sadly Bell doesn't have any of this info either!

Hello @Lucky2050,

We hope this message finds you safe and well! Thank you for your post, we appreciate your enthusiasm surrounding FTTH! 🙂

As you are aware, we’re installing fibre to the home now to be ready for next-generation technology and services that will be coming to your area soon. We’ll have more information about available services and pricing once we launch them in your area. We appreciate your understanding! 

RogersLaura

Topic Stats