cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modem Reboots Daily at the Same Time

DavidHH
I Plan to Stick Around

I have a very weird problem and am looking for any feedback.

At 3:25 pm everyday my Rogers Modem “Reboots”. After the reboot everything comes back up normally.  I have tried all the usual fixes, e.g. rebooting the Ignite TV box, Power rebooting the modem and nothing seems to correct the problem. I have watched the whole process and the TV Screen has a message box saying there is no Internet Connection and then the Modem’s White Light starts to blink and then it turns orange and blinks. After this Modem comes back on line and the White Light comes back on and remains on steady. There are no further issues until 3:25 pm next day. It is so strange.

I have a Technicolor Modem (Mode lCGM4140COM) and a Rogers Supplied Eero Router and an Eero Access Point. Everything is stock I.e. nothing additional added, nor have the Factory Configurations altered.

Any ideas?

*Edited Labels*

18 REPLIES 18

Re: Modem Reboots Daily at the Same Time

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@DavidHH wrote:
G, I tried that and the message box says that is not the password?

I'll tag @Gdkitty and @CommunityHelps  to see if they can think of any other password that a Rogers installer may have set.  Otherwise, as far as I know, the only way to reset the admin password is to factory reset the XB6 and redo the basic setup.

As for those daily resets, you can also ask Rogers whether they can see what may have caused it, or if they can see whether any other customers in your area also experienced a reset/reconnect at that time as well.

Mike_x_Wilk
I Plan to Stick Around

I am having the same issue, except mine reboots at precisely 3:23pm each day. Rogers online support could see no issue with the modem and raised it with maintenance. They sent me an asinine text message they could not see my Ignite TV box.

I should add that tech support did not show the modem as rebooting and that uptime was for more than 18 days yet in each of the last 6 days it has "rebooted", or otherwise briefly lost connection, at this exact time. No other issues.

Don_Ca
I'm a Reliable Contributor
This definitely sounds like a network issue of some sort that happens daily at that time.

DavidHH
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you Mike for your comments. It is very curious that you are having the same issue so very close to the same time of day as me.

Mike_x_Wilk
I Plan to Stick Around

What area do you live? I am near Manotick, Ottawa.