cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent WiFi Issues - Incorrect Passphrase Error

AG9
I've been around

My home internet logs my phone out of the wifi and when I try to log back in, it says ‘incorrect password’ even though it’s obviously the right password. Even if I try to share the wifi from another phone that’s logged on to the wifi, it still says ‘incorrect password’. And then randomly it will log me back on again. How do I fix this?

*** Edited Labels/Title ***

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Intermittent WiFi Issues - Incorrect Passphrase Error

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hmm.. never seen that come up before.

I am assuming you have forgotten the network on your phone already.

What phone, what OS, version, etc... that all might help in troubleshooting.

Zynga83
I've been here awhile

Hi I just got my Ignite Internet today, however when I try to connect to my S10 Plus it keeps saying my password is Incorrect. I've restarted my phone several times and Restarted my Modem several times. Does anyone know a solution to this?

Hello, @Zynga83.

Thank you for posting your concern, and welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😃

I appreciate rebooting the phone and the modem; have you tried forgetting the network? Is S10 Plus the only device not connecting to the WiFi network?

It can be done by navigating to Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi > Current network > cogwheel (Settings) > Forget (at the bottom right). 

Please keep us posted if forgetting the network helped. 

Cheers,
RogersMoin

chapart
I've been around

Have been struggling with 'incorrect password' for wifi connectivity on all Apple devices after switching to the Ignite modem.  Apple Support suggested adjusting a setting with the modem.  These settings are no longer accessible - older Rogers modems used to have sections such as adjusting channels accessible. This impacts both iPhones (12) and the Macbook Air. 

Good morning @chapart!

I can certainly understand the struggle here. 

If you're getting an "Incorrect Password" error then changing WiFi channels is unlikely to have any impact. That error should only show up if you're using the wrong password.

Did you change your WiFi password to a new one when you got the new modem or did you simply re-using the old password? Have you tried changing your WiFi password since getting this error?

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 in conversation