Ignite WiFi Gateway Modem XB7 (Gen 2)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timdesouza
I'm Here A Lot

Ignite WiFi Gateway Modem XB7 (Gen 2)

I've seen ref to a Gen 2 Ignite Gateway modem Easy Setup Guide – Ignite WiFi Gateway Modem (Gen 2) – XB7 | Rogers - Rogers and it looks like there are more ethernet ports based on the images provided but I would like to know if there is more to it than just the extra ports. A search of Rogers.com only returns the link above and nothing else. I'm interested to know does it support wifi 6 technology.

Thx.

Tim.

*** Edited Labels ***

Tim
Long time Rogers customer
Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
RogersZia

Re: Ignite WiFi Gateway Modem XB7 (Gen 2)

Good evening @timdesouza,

I'm glad to hear you're interested in the Ignite WIFI Gateway Modem (Gen 2), at this time the modem is only available as part of a soft launch. More details will become available once it's rolled out to more of our customers.

Stay tuned!

RogersZia

View solution in original post

All Replies
RogersZia

Good evening @timdesouza,

I'm glad to hear you're interested in the Ignite WIFI Gateway Modem (Gen 2), at this time the modem is only available as part of a soft launch. More details will become available once it's rolled out to more of our customers.

Stay tuned!

RogersZia

View solution in original post

timdesouza
I'm Here A Lot

Thank you.
Tim
AccordXTC
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Hello Tim

Let me answer your questions to be fair. This new units is only available to new customers not to existing. Existing customers will get the option for this February 21 pending stock levels.

Yes it has WiFi 6 but nothing to exciting unless you have WiFi 6 devices to use the new technology. Keep in mind WiFi 6 is still fairly new and has its "quirks".

As for ports only 4 ports still on new unit. 3 at 1000mbps and 1 port for 2.5 gigabit connection. The other two ports you see are for phone, Line 1 Line 2.

There was some "talks" of making this a charge to upgrade but hasn't been confirmed.

If your looking for the best WiFi possible youll be best to look at a "mesh" WiFi system. They offer better transfer speeds, better coverage, etc

Now after all that wasn't that easier someone told you rather then a song and dance
timdesouza
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for providing more detail.  I do have wifi capable devices and just looking to see what's new and upcoming with Rogers. Stumbled across the page I listed so thought I would inquire.

Thanks again.

Tim
Kulvaran
I've Been Around

I just signed up for Business internet 500u and tech installed the old white Coda modem which is terrible for Wi-Fi signal strength. On business account as a new customer, would Rogers be able to give XB7?
AccordXTC
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Unfortunately at this time only the CODA modem is what business customers get. What I can offer as help would be invest in a mesh WiFi system. It will offer far greater coverage, speed and ease of use. The one that I've  had the most success with is Eero which is sold from Amazon. Depending what time of year these do go on sale for some really great discounts.

turnie
I've Been Around

when will this be avaliable to residental customers

PBThirteen
I've Been Here Awhile

Is there a sign up or waiting list for existing customers?

Thanks
MrJames
I Plan to Stick Around

Switched to Ignite to get rid of CODA modem. Requested the change on Saturday. Shipped on Sunday.

Got the Gen2 Gateway today (Monday).

I'm in Ottawa.