cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite WiFi Gateway Modem XB7 (Gen 2)

timdesouza
I'm here a lot

I've seen ref to a Gen 2 Ignite Gateway modem Easy Setup Guide – Ignite WiFi Gateway Modem (Gen 2) – XB7 | Rogers - Rogers and it looks like there are more ethernet ports based on the images provided but I would like to know if there is more to it than just the extra ports. A search of Rogers.com only returns the link above and nothing else. I'm interested to know does it support wifi 6 technology.

Thx.

Tim.

*** Edited Labels ***

Tim
Long time Rogers customer
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ignite WiFi Gateway Modem XB7 (Gen 2)

RogersZia

Good evening @timdesouza,

I'm glad to hear you're interested in the Ignite WIFI Gateway Modem (Gen 2), at this time the modem is only available as part of a soft launch. More details will become available once it's rolled out to more of our customers.

Stay tuned!

RogersZia

View solution in original post

158 REPLIES 158

RogersZia

Good evening @timdesouza,

I'm glad to hear you're interested in the Ignite WIFI Gateway Modem (Gen 2), at this time the modem is only available as part of a soft launch. More details will become available once it's rolled out to more of our customers.

Stay tuned!

RogersZia

Thank you.
Tim

AccordXTC
I'm a reliable contributor
Hello Tim

Let me answer your questions to be fair. This new units is only available to new customers not to existing. Existing customers will get the option for this February 21 pending stock levels.

Yes it has WiFi 6 but nothing to exciting unless you have WiFi 6 devices to use the new technology. Keep in mind WiFi 6 is still fairly new and has its "quirks".

As for ports only 4 ports still on new unit. 3 at 1000mbps and 1 port for 2.5 gigabit connection. The other two ports you see are for phone, Line 1 Line 2.

There was some "talks" of making this a charge to upgrade but hasn't been confirmed.

If your looking for the best WiFi possible youll be best to look at a "mesh" WiFi system. They offer better transfer speeds, better coverage, etc

Now after all that wasn't that easier someone told you rather then a song and dance

Thanks for providing more detail.  I do have wifi capable devices and just looking to see what's new and upcoming with Rogers. Stumbled across the page I listed so thought I would inquire.

Thanks again.

Tim

I just signed up for Business internet 500u and tech installed the old white Coda modem which is terrible for Wi-Fi signal strength. On business account as a new customer, would Rogers be able to give XB7?

AccordXTC
I'm a reliable contributor

Unfortunately at this time only the CODA modem is what business customers get. What I can offer as help would be invest in a mesh WiFi system. It will offer far greater coverage, speed and ease of use. The one that I've  had the most success with is Eero which is sold from Amazon. Depending what time of year these do go on sale for some really great discounts.

turnie
I've been around

when will this be avaliable to residental customers

PBThirteen
I've been here awhile
Is there a sign up or waiting list for existing customers?

Thanks

MrJames
I plan to stick around

Switched to Ignite to get rid of CODA modem. Requested the change on Saturday. Shipped on Sunday.

Got the Gen2 Gateway today (Monday).

I'm in Ottawa.

Mrcanada1968
I plan to stick around
I heard that the XB7 will be available for existing customers starting on Feb. 21st.

Already a new modem , are these better then the XB6?

Ty71
I've been here awhile

I have been given a run around in getting the XB7 modem I been a full service customer of Rogers for internet, wireless I find the customer service is bad and they have been given us different dates and have no idea. If you’re  a Gigabit customer on the Legacy platform we should be given these modems without any issues. Not Happy..Also BTW the Customer service rep was rude as well.

Mrcanada1968
I plan to stick around
Do you currently have the XB6 modem?

Ty71
I've been here awhile
No

Mrcanada1968
I plan to stick around

I think Rogers is reserving the XB6 and XB7 modems for The Ignite TV customers as those are required for that service. You are still getting gigabit internet service with the CODA modem.
Are you currently unhappy with your Wi-Fi speed or are you having other issues with your current modem?

Ty71
I've been here awhile
Yep my Wi-Fi is bad and have dead zones in the home yet I’m paying the same price for the gigabit service for internet crazy thing about my invoice says I’m on the ignite package yet don’t even have the XB6 modem.

Mrcanada1968
I plan to stick around

That’s unfortunate...sometimes you just have to find the right rep to talk to. I have found that most are reasonable, but if not, you may need to escalate the call and ask to speak with someone at a higher level. Good luck!

I just got a brand new modem which states the Gen 2 ignite wifi its white in colour and supposedly its not even being market by Rogers.

Got wifi 6 speeds on my note 20!
Had issues with my current modem and the tech if I wanted to give it a try

Mrcanada1968
I plan to stick around

Hi @RogersZia 

Do you have any updates on when this soft launch of the XB7 will be completed, and existing customers will be able to swap out their XB6 for this improved gateway modem? My family would really benefit from the improved Wi-Fi capability, especially during these work and study from home COVID days.

toolcubed
I'm a senior contributor
Unless you have WiFi6 capable devices, not sure you’ll see much benefit with the new XB7. In fact, it has fewer 5GHz antennas compared to the XB6. I don’t know how much of an impact that would be but fewer antennas can’t be a good thing 🙂
Topic Stats