Gigabit Speeds

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Gigabit Speeds

Don't quote me on this but I believe that @RogersDave has tickets in with Microsoft and Akami regarding performance issues with their servers.  I think Akami servers are used for Sony consoles?  Dave's a little busy these days but he will at some point update the users on the issue. I don't know if the problem is a rate limitation by Microsoft and Akami or an interconnect between those two and the Rogers network.  So, the issues are known and are being looked at. The front line tech support staff wouldn't be able to help with this one unless you had connection issues at your own home.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@mr_wood wrote:

Xbox one download speed issues

I'm having bad issues with my Xbox download speed. I'm on a gig plan and only end up receiving around 60mbps. My upload is good. I've contacted both Xbox and Rogers but both have no resolution to the issue. I'm reaching out here hoping someone has experience this isssue or may know how to fix it.

Thanks

I too have noticed this - but not sure where the issue lies.

I'm on the 100u plan, and when I do a speed test from my PC, I get 130 down / 10 up.  In December, when I did the multiplayer test on XB1, I would get 130 down / 10 up.

Now, when I do the multiplayer test, I only get 40-60 down / 10 up.  Even though, I can go over to my PC and multiple speed sites report 130 Down / 10 up.  So last night we downloaded a game, and it came down at ~100Mbps while we were streaming a 20Mbps video onto another device.  When I did the multiplayer test, it still only showed 55 down even though I had just downloaded a game at 100 down.  Very odd, but as @Datalink points out, it could be Microsoft's servers.

I'm Here A Lot

The Xbox One has very deceptive speedtest numbers. I have the One S and it will barely get over 40Mbps eventhough the router is 2 feet away. But when downloading games, it consistently hits 100Mbps.

You can try Fast.com on the Edge browser but Fast.com is not very reliable as well.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

My PS4 PRO is connected using LAN and the speed tests have always been slow, like 35mb/s. However when I speed test my computer using a LAN cable I can pull 900mb/s down. So something is up with game consoles displaying slow tranfer rates.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Please see Msg #51 above. 

Highlighted
Rogers Employee CaptChair
Rogers Employee

The playstation network as a severely limited upload speed to their clients, which is vastly different than speed test servers you'll connect to online.

To be frank, you'd be lucky to see 100Mbps on PSN as your download speed, regardless of what package you are on.

I'm Here A Lot

I recommend you remove all your antivirus software and repeat the test. Also try boot from a linux cd and run test again. Big difference
I'm Here A Lot

So what happened to gigabit ipload speed? Looks like they downgraded us to 30 megs. Without even letting us know. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@dminkin

@dminkin wrote:

So what happened to gigabit ipload speed? Looks like they downgraded us to 30 megs. Without even letting us know. 

I still have my 50mb/s upload, I would call in and ask them if you got changed to 30mb/s upload, or if it was just congestion.

I've Been Around

Problems after upgrading to ignite 1000

Hello Community,

Long time (15 years) loyal Rogers customer here.  I finally switched to the Gig internet plan on March 24th of this year after spending almost 3 hours on the phone with the Rogers sales person. I have nothing but issues since then. Have had to reboot the modem atleast twice daily to get things working. Tried reaching out to Rogers Techxpert (have been a member for last few years) to be told that I am no longer a member since the sales person switched me over on March 24th (Frustrating!!).

Is anyone able to provide me with any irection on how I should be proceeding as I feel that as a customer who has been loyal for so long and also subscribing to the best services, I am not getting the 'love' that I should.

Reaching out for direction and help!!

Thanks

SA