cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Every few weeks, all my wireless devices fail to acquire a new IP address...

Byrd
I'm here a lot

I have been having this issue for the last little bit. It might have to do with the DHCP renewals and my devices never get a new IP. I am forced to restart my router constantly in order to flush the DHCP. Is there anyway to fix this issue? Even doing a DHCP renew lease on the laptop itself doesn't help. All wireless devices continue to suffer from this.

***EDITED LABELS***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Every few weeks, all my wireless devices fail to acquire a new IP address...

RogersCorey

Greetings and good afternoon @Byrd

Welcome to our Community.

This sounds like an odd issue, especially since you specifically mention wireless devices. Are your wired devices renewing their IP without issue? When you say you have to restart it, do you mean reboot by unplugging the power or are you factory resetting it? 

Could you also confirm if you're using our gateway modem directly or do you have your own router bridged to it? Please let me know!

I'll have a good basis to begin troubleshooting if you can answer my questions. Thank you!

Regards,

RogersCorey

Re: Every few weeks, all my wireless devices fail to acquire a new IP address...

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Byrd we've seen some strange issues with modem networks in the past where a failing ethernet or wifi adapter would cause what appeared to be a modem network failure.  We haven't seen that with the CODA-4582.  Fwiw, consider a test plan to isolate all of the remote devices on the failing network.  Essentially remove all of the devices by powering them down and then introduce them back into the network one by one.  Leave a considerable amount of time from the introduction of one device to the introduction of the next device.  When you've seen the failure, are there any devices present that aren't in the home when the network is operating normally?  Or does the failure occur at a point in time after a family member arrives back home and starts to use a wifi connected device?  We've seen that circumstance before, ergo the questions.....

Sorry for the late reply,
My wired devices worked fine, it's just wireless. I'm using the modem directly, don't have my own router. I don't factory reset just reboot the device. Either through the router or plug.
Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation