New Rogers MyWifi App

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

New Rogers MyWifi App

Hey guys.

looks like they are releasing a new APP to help with wifi/settings.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/MyRogers/Announcing-The-Rogers-MyWiFi-App-Beta-Test/m-p/433007

Anyone on the CODA can sign up to be able to do it. (only the coda right now).

Looks like it has a bunch of more advanced features for parental controls, etc. 

***Added Labels***

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: New Rogers MyWifi App

We're super excited about this app!

Please, check out the Beta Test! We want to hear everything you can tell us about it Smiley Happy

The app is FREE to download and use, there's a Beta Survey for all your feedback and even PRIZES TO BE WON!!

RogersDarrell

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Wish I could.. Doesnt work on the ignite yet.

I've Been Around

it was working smooth on my iPad Pro when it was running on ios 10 however as I have updated to ios 11.3 whenever now I am opening the app it only loads a blank screen on the start up and crashes after a while automatically. How do I fix it?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

might be something with cached data in it.

I would delete the app, then re-download it and try logging in.

With iOS being at 12.1 now.. i would think the app would more likely work on NEWER OSs, and less likely on older ones like 10.

I've Been Here Awhile

I've downloaded the Rogers Mywifi app to my android phone but it won't connect with my CODA-4582 modem.  I've restarted both phone and modem - no luck.  Help please!

Hello @paulamcsmith,

Thank you for joining us in the Rogers Community Forums and congratulations on your first post! 😊

The Rogers MyWiFi app is certainly a cool new feature with a lot of interesting options, so I can see why you are eager to get it working on your device! Hopefully, we can help make it happen!

Only compatible smartphones will work with this service when connected to your Rogers Home WiFi service and modem (Hitron CODA-4582 and CODA-4582U)). Please see below for which operating systems are compatible:

• Android (version: 4.4.2 and above)
• iOS (version: 9 and above)

When signing into the MyWiFi app on your device, please enter the following:

Username (default): cusadmin
Password: password or your current WiFi password

Once logged in, you will see 'Connected to: Home Wifi' at the top of the window if you are successfully connected to your modem and Rogers Home WiFi network. 

If you continue to experience issues, please provide us with more details here in the Community so we can try to help further! 

Thank you!
RogersLaura

I've Been Here Awhile

Worked until I replaced the modem (yes, it is compatible) and now does not work.  Spent 45 minutes waiting on the on-line chat function.... not quite the product or service standard I expect for money I spend on rogers.  

I'm a Senior Advisor

Have the app. My impressions:

1. Speed test has never worked for me. Not once. Ever.

2. I'm not sure what the app's bar is for "good" signal level, but, apparently, unless I'm sitting next to the modem, every single device I own suffers from "poor" wifi

3. The one good thing I can say is that its nice to be able to identify devices on the network using plain language.

Hello, @mu1.

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for joining this conversation. Would you please elaborate what's not working for you? Are you able to log into the app?

Are you using the same old credentials on your swapped modem? The app maybe still looking for the previous modem. You may want to clear the app cache and data and sign in again. If it's an Apple device, you can delete the app and download/reinstall it. 

Keep us posted.

Cheers,

RogersMoin