cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CODA4582 - MyQ Internet Gateway Ethernet Connection

billy9
I've been here awhile

MyQ Internet Gateway Unable to Connect to Internet While Directly Plug Into Modem

Hi,

Here is some basic info on my set up:

Modem: Hitron CODA-4582U
Internet package: Ignite Gigabit

Device with issue: Chamberlain MyQ Internet Gateway

Additional router: none, just using the modem

I recently purchased the Chamberlain MyQ Internet Gateway which is supposed to connect to the modem via ethernet.  However, after plugging it in, the MyQ is assigned an IP address but is unable to connect to the internet (indicator light flashing green).

I followed instructions at the following to powercycle both the modem and the 

https://support.chamberlaingroup.com/s/article/Why-won-t-my-Internet-Gateway-get-a-solid-green-light...

After that didn't work called MyQ support.  I confirmed with them that the MyQ itself looks functional based on its indicator lights (flashing green which means it has an IP but can't get on the internet).  They said that I or my ISP (Rogers) needs to open up some ports as per:

https://support.chamberlaingroup.com/s/article/How-to-resolve-issues-with-flashing-green-light-on-th...

So I:

• Set a static IP for the MyQ
  • Port forwarding the following ports to the MyQ's static IP
    • 53 TCP/UDP
    • 8883 TCP/UDP
    • 2165 TCP/UDP - this was from digging on various forums on the internet

However, the MyQ was still not able to connect to the internet.  I next tried enabling DMZ and putting the MyQ's IP address as the DMZ host, however the same issue persists.

I called Rogers tech support and they referred me to these community forums.  The tech support person said that the Rogers techs here are able to provide more advanced support and even update the firmware if necessary.

I would greatly appreciate your help in getting this resolved.

Thanks!

*** Added Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: CODA4582 - MyQ Internet Gateway Ethernet Connection

billy9
I've been here awhile

Ok, so after I tried everything else, I went and returned the MyQ unit to Rona from where I purchased it.

I then ordered the same device from Amazon.  It arrived, I plug it in, and it worked!  I'm guessing either the first one was defective or needed a firmware level change in factory but missed out because it had been sitting in the store warehouse all these years.

Resolved 🙂

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

RogersAndy
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @billy9!

Thanks so much for sending us a PM! I can certainly appreciate wanting to get your MyQ up and running! We'll review the connection and your modem to make sure everything is working as intended! 

Has anyone else in the community had the same experience?

@RogersAndy

kazuki-87
I've been around
Hi @billy9

I have a Chamberlain MyQ hub as well. Though my model seems to be different since it’s connects to the network via WiFi, I did experience similar issues when first setting mine up.

The static IP you assigned, was it from your modem, or did you assign the IP through the MyQ’s web interface? You’ll want to make sure the IP doesn’t fall within the same range as your Dynamic DHCP range.

Also it might be worth taking a look at the DNS settings on the device. Sometimes specifying a public name server such as one of google’s (8.8.8.8) can help.

Hope you get it resolved soon 😊 !

billy9
I've been here awhile

@kazuki-87 wrote:
Hi @billy9

I have a Chamberlain MyQ hub as well. Though my model seems to be different since it’s connects to the network via WiFi, I did experience similar issues when first setting mine up.

The static IP you assigned, was it from your modem, or did you assign the IP through the MyQ’s web interface? You’ll want to make sure the IP doesn’t fall within the same range as your Dynamic DHCP range.

Also it might be worth taking a look at the DNS settings on the device. Sometimes specifying a public name server such as one of google’s (8.8.8.8) can help.

Hope you get it resolved soon 😊 !

Thanks @kazuki-87 .   Did you also need to have port forwarding set up or put your MyQ in DMZ?

I set the MyQ's static IP through the modem, but it was within the dynamic range.  I wasn't able to connect to the MyQ's web interface, assuming my device has one.  The DNS is set to "auto" and there's a DNS Proxy Status option that's set to "enabled".

I'll change the MyQ's IP to be outside of the dynamic range and try explicitly setting the DNS to 8.8.8.8.  Any suggestions for the secondary DNS or the IPv6 DNS options?

Thanks!

billy9
I've been here awhile

Unfortunately still no luck...  I tried changing the modem's DNS to Google's (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as well as the IPv6 ones).  I even tried putting the MyQ in DMZ again and when that didn't work tried setting the port forwarding.  None of these seem to be working.

Anything else I could try?

Is there a way I can view the modem's logs?  Maybe there are messages that may describe why the MyQ's requests are not propagating to the internet.

I also see something about the UDP timeout needing to be at least 180 sec for MyQ products:

https://support.chamberlaingroup.com/s/article/Recommended-router-settings-for-the-MyQ-Wi-Fi-product...

Where would I set that?  The only place I've seen in the modem's config so far that mentions any timeout is under Basic > Port Triggering, and that allows a max of 30,000 ms (30 sec).

Thanks!

RogersAndy
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @billy9

The logs wouldn't be of any help in this regard but I would definitely check the Advanced => Switch tab to ensure your device is connecting properly as well as the Status=>Basic=>Show Devices to see if it's visible among the devices that are connected.

@RogersAndy

billy9
I've been here awhile

Ok, so after I tried everything else, I went and returned the MyQ unit to Rona from where I purchased it.

I then ordered the same device from Amazon.  It arrived, I plug it in, and it worked!  I'm guessing either the first one was defective or needed a firmware level change in factory but missed out because it had been sitting in the store warehouse all these years.

Resolved 🙂

DR1621
I've been around

I am having the same issue right now it not connecting to my rogers MODEM, BUT  I have ordered Internet Gateway which will arrive in 7 days. I hope it should work now or else I have to send everything back and waste my money. 

RogersMoin

Hello, @DR1621

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums and thank you for joining this discussion. Hopefully, the new unit you are expecting connects to your home network. Please keep us informed. 

Cheers,
RogersMoin

jgu925
I've been here awhile

hello, i am having the same issue as OP had.

basically my myq internet gateway was working fine. we renewed our contract with rogers on june 21 and on that day it stopped working. 

tried all the ports on the modem and hard reset the internet gateway and none of them worked.

i am thinking it must be something changed on rogers end as it is the only variable that changed.

Hello, @jgu925.

Thank you for posting your concerns in this thread; change of contract has no bearing on the modem's functionality. Are the other devices connecting to the Internet?

I appreciate trying all the ports and hard resetting the gateway. By hard reset, do you mean factory reset? 

Is MyQ directly connected to the modem? Or is it connected to a different router?

Keep the Community posted. 

Cheers,
RogersMoin

jgu925
I've been here awhile

hi @RogersMoin ,

Thanks for your quick response.

I dont think the modem's functionality has changed. I feel it has something to do with the settings on Rogers' server, maybe something like the IP setup like OP mentioned.

Yes I did a factory reset to the MyQ gateway. It is directly connected to the modem. 

Everything was working fine before June 21, 2020; and the myq gateway stopped working starting that day, showing no internet connection. The only changes on the day is the renewal of my Rogers contract.

When my contract got renewed, did Rogers have to terminate my existing connection and set it up again as a brand new connection? If that's the case, any chances that the new set-up is different from the previous one?

Thanks again for the assistance.

Hello again @jgu925!

We can only provide limited troubleshooting support for a third-party gateway such as this. 

If you remove the MyQ, can your computers/devices connect to the modem directly and get access to the Internet?

If so, I would recommend the manufacturer of the MyQ for further support for the MyQ. The steps provided above is as far as we can go with third-party equipment.

Regards,

RogersCorey

After switching to Ignite my previously working MyQ devices have stopped working through the MyQ app. Had to remove and redo all the set up to get them to work in HomeKit again - doors open and close with HomeKit so there is something very specific with the MyQ app and Ignite modem that is the problem.

We had similiar issue after acquiring a "new" Chamberlain MyQ Gateway CIGBU/C from Craigslist and it was new and never opened.  After spending countless hours searching and reading, we contacted Chamberlain support.  They were friendly and courteous.... except they pulled support for certain gateways CIGBU/C (10/14) because they decommisioned a server on their end.

So if you have a Chamberlain MyQ Gateway CIGBU/C, it will not work because they pulled support for it and it may affect other gateways if they decide to decommision service without stating it on their website.

beez
I've been around

Yes. I have had the same problem! My MYQ was a gift, so I can't return it and buy a new one. Any suggestions for those of us trying to connect to your modem (that Chamberlain techs have told me is incompatible)? Maybe use modems that ARE compatible to 3rd party products?

Stevewiz
I've been around
I am having the same connectivity issue with the MyQ app. That used to control my garage doors.
The app worked when Starlink was my ISP but when I switched to ignite fibe it can no longer connect.
I have spoken to both MyQ support and rogers technical support and they both point the finger at each other.
I am totally frustrated and need some guidance to resolve the issue.

Hello, @Stevewiz.

Thank you for joining this conversation, and welcome to our Community!

I hope you’ve read through this thread. Please provide us with more details like the model of your garage door opener, supported WiFi band, modem’s model, and describe how you are connecting, and error messages, if any.

More info helps the Community in providing further support.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

ImBig0
I've been around
I just want to share on how to connect myQ internet gateway using the shaw ignite router. On my case i have a BX7 router that has a 4 LAN port at the back of the router. Make sure you don't plug the LAN cable to port 4(orange) which is the 2.5Gb port. It’s not compatible with the mQ internet gateway.
Use port 1,2 or 3.
Topic Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 12 in conversation