CODA 4582U in bridge mode - can't access at 192.168.100.1

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stepy2015
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: CODA 4582U in bridge mode - can't access at 192.168.100.1

I highly doubt it as it only happens in bridge mode, Rogers does not care about the security flaw or the fact that you can access the GUI in bridge mode , I don't know how many times I have talked to Rogers and they seem to have no idea you can access the GUI in bridge mode, and they ask how I did it, I really think Rogers needs to fix this bridge mode bug or let someone at Hitron know about it and educate their support staff on this feature

Eli_Sand
I Plan to Stick Around

I have sent in a support request to Hitron NA directly citing the modem version, firmware version, the CVE and that Rogers does not seem to want to address this issue. We'll see if they blindly tell me to contact Rogers or actually answer my questions about if they have an updated firmware and if/when it was released to its partners. If we know Rogers is sitting on a fixed firmware, then we can force their hand to release it.

Gihad
I've Been Here Awhile

Any updates?

btw, how do you know that CVE is related to the internet instability issues?

stepy2015
I Plan to Stick Around

I don't think the CVE is related but its pretty bad if the modem actually has a CVE from 2013 as it shows the lack of care and testing behind this modem firmware

Dougal_McGuire
I've Been Here Awhile

Signed up to report identical issue:

Modem interface stops responding after a while.  When that happens pings tend to fail:

--- 192.168.100.1 ping statistics ---
50 packets transmitted, 1 received, 98% packet loss, time 49642ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 3.425/3.425/3.425/0.000 ms

A modem reboot solves the issue for an hour or six, then we're back to timeouts and lost pings.

Troubleshooting so far:

-Tech support sent 'a new signal' from their end?

-Factory reset of modem

-Exchange modem

We're also suffering from daily disconnects, which is why we want to log into the modem.

RogersTony

Hello, @Dougal_McGuire

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I know how important it is to be able to have consistent access the modem admin settings to manage your wireless network.

We have been advised that this issue has been escalated to our vendor to review and work on a fix. They have not provided us with an ETR at this time.

Thanks so much for joining our community and posting your concern.

RogersTony

vikas-arora
I Plan to Stick Around

I ran into this same issue today. Rogers' internet has become so unstable lately that access to GUI is needed on a daily basis to see what's going on. I am gonna switch back to router mode and observe what happens.

augmentium
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersTony

Do you have an update on this?  I was able to access my bridged modem earlier in the week, but now can't.  Frequent disconnections are why I'm trying to access it.

Eli_Sand
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersTony 

Thanks for raising this for us Tony. Hoping you can get some sort of an update for all of us; coming up on 4 months since you mention it was raised with the vendor.

ipkpjersi
I've Been Here Awhile

So this is a known issue, and it's also been broken for several months? I'm no longer able to access the admin page via 192.168.100.1 for my CODA 4582U in bridged mode. I'd really like to see this issue get fixed, it's pretty important to be able to access it.

I have rebooted my modem and 192.168.100.1 is now working as expected in bridged mode. The interesting thing is, 192.168.100.1 would only respond to like 1 out of every 50 pings - I checked after a few minutes and I had 98% packet loss. That was really weird.

I think whatever vendor issue there was has been resolved.