cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuing problems with Rogers feed and Elan/Ignite app

michelgirard2
I'm here a lot

After almost  a week of frustrating issues with Rogers cable feed and new Elan/Ignite box and app, I am at a loss to figure out where all of my request to Rogers are going.

Day 1: tv goes black after a few seconds, my Nextbox requires to be reset in order to get a signal again ; the black screen comes back again. The same issue comes back after 3 resets.

Day 2: call to Rogers Technical support. After an attempt by tech to reset NextBox, the diagnotic leads to prblem with NextBox. The cure is to switch to Elan/Ignite. That requires a tech to come over for installation. This will happen in 2 days (Day 4).

Day 3: since my accountbhas been switched to Elan/Ignite, I  download the Ignite TV app, activate it and try to cast on my Chromecast to the TV. I can get a feed on my iPad 5th generation but the casting doesn’t work. Check if the problem occurs with other Rogers customers on Rogers community forum. Sure enough, as far back as Nov. 2023 there have been numerous issues reported. Customers report a total lack of meaningful response from Rogers despite initiating tickets. 
Day 4: I contacted Rogers on the Community site and had to write back and forth at least 5 messages with different Rogers personel in oder to get me a link to open a ticket. Then only to be told that the link is time-sensitive. So I requested another one, completed the form, sent it and never got an acknowledgment or a ticket number. So I don’t know if there is a ticket opened.

Day 4 cont.: the tech shows up and installs the new Elan/Ignite box and wi-fi. It looks like it’s gonna work. I then tell the tech about the Ignite app issue and he takes a video of how the cast icon doesn’t work. Before the tech leaves, the screen goes black again. He checks the connections and diagnoses the problem is with the TV, a Samsung 45” that is 13 years old. 
Day 5: I decide to connect my spare 30 “ TV to at least watch some shows. After connecting it, oops, the black screen comes back. I decide to verify all of the cables, reset the new Elan/Ignite box. ….. same issue. 
Day 6: no news from Rogers ticket.

Day 7: call Rogers Tecinical support. The tech request to visualise the issue using my phone camera connection. He eventually suggest to send a tech but not before Day 9 at best ….. so the Rogers cable feed doesn’t work, the Rogers app doesn’t work. So this is how loyal Rogers customers are treated.

Day 9 cont.: I suggest there is a problem with the Rogers feed that comes to my apartment and/or building. Somehow, nobody at Rogers has bothered to check that aspect.

So when we take issue with the level of  service we get from a company that claims to be “Canada's communications & entertainment company”, maybe there is a huge amount of work to be done  on their part. 
I may have no choice but to be switching provider, God forbid!, to the only other TV provider.

**Labels Updated**

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Continuing problems with Rogers feed and Elan/Ignite app

RogersMaude

Hello @michelgirard2,

Thank you for posting about your recent experience and taking the time to bring this up to our attention.

We'd like the opportunity to further assist you and we're grateful you reached out to us via private message. However, we noticed you did not get back to us following our last message

I understand you have been patient, and having to authenticate yourself may seem inconvenient, but we really need to access your account to help you resolve this, so we're looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks so much!

RogersMaude

I may have missed your latest message. However, there is onthing in my inbox. Can you send it back, svp?

michelgirard2
I'm here a lot

Well, I got some feedback: they are working on it!!!!! Yep, that's the extent of info that was sent to me regarding the casting problem with the Ignite TV app. I am wondering if I made a big mistake by getting this platform!!!!!!

Rogers svc msg: Update on ticket number C201510326. There's been a delay in fixing the Ignite TV problem you told us about, but our technical teams are working on it. We're sorry it's taking so long. We will provide an update as soon as we can.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation