cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite box keeps shutting off (whether watching TV, Netflix, etc)

behzadroshdieh
I've been around

My ignite box which is connected to my Samsung TV has been repeatedly turning off. Sometimes it happens multiple times as I'm watching TV and it's very frustrating.

Other times, I'll be watching something on Prime or Netflix, and it does the same thing.

The screen that comes up is that it says there is a problem with the gateway/router/modem and that I should turn it on and off again, though I'm connected to the internet with all my other devices (phone, laptop, etc) and they work fine.

I have another TV with a different Rogers box and that one works fine.

I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this issue. Is the problem with the box itself or my TV?

***Edited Labels***

1 REPLY 1

Re: Ignite box keeps shutting off (whether watching TV, Netflix, etc)

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@behzadroshdieh if the boxes are both Ignite TV set top boxes, swap the boxes and see if the problem moves with the problematic set top box.  You probably have to move the remote controls at the same time to keep the set top box and its remote control together. 

Keep in mind that the tv's might not have the same display resolution, so you might have to make changes to the resolution output of the set top box.  Or, they might just adjust by themselves. 

So, give that a try and see what happens with the problematic set top box.  

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation