cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing Ignite TV on a Smart TV without a Box

MommaMirab
I'm here a lot

I have a new 2020 LG Smart TV.  I can watch Ignite TV via my computer, iPad and iphone (obviously without a box).  I want to be able to watch Ignite on the new TV the same way.  However, it wont let me because I dont have an IOS or Android system as well as the browsers are not installed.

I've tried just about everything I can think of, including trying to airplay, chromecast, mirror my phone to the new TV.

Its great I can watch Netflix, Disney or Prime TV... but I switched to Ignite so I could have access to programming ANYTIME, ANYWHERE.

What is the work-around?!?

Very frustrated!

**Labels Added**

26 REPLIES 26

Re: Accessing Ignite TV on a Smart TV without a Box

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor
"I have to change input every time I switch between TV and Netfix, AppleTV, Disney+,"

Gee the ignite boxes have all those apps, no need to switch inputs.
I have all 3 of my xi6 boxes included in my package price, I don't pay extra for my second and third box.

Hi. 

It's July, 2023 and there's still no progress on enabling the Ignite TV app for Android TV.

Awfully disappointing, especially since it would be so easy to fix and I can see no advantage or benefit that Rogers would be giving up in enabling their app for Android TV boxes.

Best,       Jody

cubicle7
I've been here awhile
The advantage is that they will lose money from the rental fee they charge for the box. They are trying to make us pay for an obsolete way of delivering content. Their own Sportsnet subscription can be accessed via an app. It's stupid and most consumers know it.

EDAWGMOTO
I've been around
How is this labeled a "resolution /problem solved" response to those issue?

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor

Rogers probably cannot just do this on their own.  The whole system they use is owned by Comcast, so in that agreement they probably can only do as Comcast allows.  

Avid-
I plan to stick around

We share your pain.  😞  No joy anywhere when dealing with Rogers.

A new LG C3 with up-to-date Web OS is not permitted or compatible with the IgniteTV web site.  SO, we are stuck renting the boxes from Rogers or tethering or casting from a PC or smart phone.   Not the most elegant/wireless solution.

Topic Stats