cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signing in

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

I have my notifications saved as a bookmark to sign in to the forum. Now I'm seeing this:

"Your request is currently being processed"

request.jpg

At first it was just a flash, but now it just stayed and the only way I could sign in was to go to rogers.com

Anyone else seeing this?

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
163 REPLIES 163

Re: Signing in

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jays77 wrote:

Tonight I could sign in using Chrome.  No incognito, no In Private Browsing.   I have done nothing different. No deleting cookies or unblocking anything.  I Just logged in like I have always done in the past.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that whatever the recent problem was is now in the past.  ( I'm not overly hopeful though).

It's not in the past.  Could not log into the Forum just now using Firefox with uBO/default filters.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@-G- wrote:

It's not in the past.  Could not log into the Forum just now using Firefox with uBO/default filters.

It's back after almost 2 weeks. No problem signing in with Firefox this morning, but I got the dreaded looping this afternoon and had to use a workaround.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

My quick workaround was to use my PayGo Balance bookmark when it started looping and then just scroll down to Community Forums. This time that bookmark gave me this, so I had to use a private window.

maintenance.jpg

What an oxymoron! Every time Rogers makes an "upgrade" things get worse. 😫

jays77
I'm a trusted contributor

Well signing in normally lasted about one week.  Tonight it's back to having to use incognito.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

I don't know why I even bother. Usually whenever I try to sign in I get the dreaded loop and have to try a private window instead. Occasionally I try a normal login to see what happens. Today a normal login worked without using a private window. Not holding my breath though. 

jays77
well another week and the need to find another way to sign into the forums.
Today I could not sign is using Chrome or Incognito. I'm now back to using Edge In Private browsing.
I'm slowly moving passed frustrated to just being annoyed.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

For me it's about one week off, one week on. Right now it's been okay for a couple of days. When I get the perpetual loop I try my work-around starting with my account balance bookmark and scrolling down, and if that doesn't work, private window.  I haven't changed anything in my browser. It's now the "new normal" routine.

TwitchyPuppy
I plan to stick around

That’s an odd issue and one I can’t say I’m familiar with, sadly! Logging in works 100% of time with Safari on my MacBook and Opera on my Windows PC.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Many Rogers customers far more tech savvy than me are experiencing these same problems. It comes and goes. Often using private window (Incognito in Chrome) or clearing all cookies and data works, but the latter is a nuisance, requiring more steps to access other sites again.  In all cases the problem is only with Rogers. I suspect Community Forums sharing my Rogers account email and password may have something to do with it. One day I may create another identity using a different email address as an experiment.

robtoe
I'm a reliable contributor

Feel free to move, as I couldn't fine a "Rogers website" subforum.

Attempted to post a message just now (via Firefox).   I was logged into the Rogers.com website, and went to this forum where I saw the "sign in/register" top right.   I clicked on it to sign in, it took me to Rogers.com (where I was logged in), and bounced me back to the forum, but not logged in.

This loop is reproduceable on Firefox and Edge, i.e. no way to login to the forum.   Chrome is fine.

jays77

I find using either Chrome Incognito or Edge In Private browsing usually work.  Note I said usually.  Sometime I can sign in using one  but not the other of them.  On occasion I can't sign in on either Incognito or In Private Browsing.  

I don't even try to sign in anymore unless I use one of these two options.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

The problem goes in cycles of about a week. Just now I was able to sign in normally with Firefox. The only thing I did today  was delete Facebook cookies.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It was fine for a while, but yesterday I couldn't sign in.  I was just taken to the same page where I was (All Posts). I was able to sign in using Incognito (Chrome).  Deleted the usual Rogers cookies and recent cache.  All was good for several sign ins today, but just now couldn't sign in.  Worked with Incognito, so again deleted the usual Rogers cookies and cleared the cache.  I was then able to sign in to compose this post.

Sometimes this will happen when I use a different device - like my MacBook Air instead of my Mac Mini...  It shouldn't really matter.

jays77

This is interesting.  

For the past month or so the only way I could sign in was to use Chrome incognito  but tonight that didn't work. 

However,  out of curiosity I tried just using Chrome and could sign in with no problem.   It seems every time I try to sign is is an adventure.   😄

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

It seems to be different for everybody and appears to go in cycles.  Two weeks ago I was able to sign in normally and started to keep track of the days.  A couple of days ago that failed and I had to resort to a work-around. This is using Firefox with no cookie or data manipulation.  Once this cycle has run its course and it's back to normal, I'll post the timeline and the tricks I used.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Okay, I've gone through a cycle with Firefox without resorting to deleting cookies or site data. Here is how it's gone:

Monday Aug 23 Community Forums sign-in works
4:55 PM 9/3/2021 Loop started. Went to PayGo balance & scrolled down to CF, which worked.
11:58 AM 9/11/2021 Back to normal.

This time I didn't have to resort to using a private window before it went back to normal. The whole cycle was  19 days and it's been normal now for 2 days. I'll report back when signing in goes into another loop. Going by what others see, it's not the same for everyone. Still a mystery.

jays77

Update.  I'm back to having to use incognito. 

Topic Stats
  • 163 replies
  • 27 Likes
  • 13 in conversation