Signing in

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Signing in

I use my Notifications bookmark to sign in to the forums. It shows new notifications in bold and old ones not bold. If there are no new notifications. I just click an old one which takes me directly to the post and I navigate from there. But occasionally, like this time, I get this screen, which has no link to the forums and I have to search around from My  Rogers to get here. Very annoying.

Notifications.jpg

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR : I get that occasionally, although I rarely login that way any more. I login to "all posts" now:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/message/node-display-id/categ...

I would only consider it an issue if you consistently have that problem.

PS.  I have only received one e-mail notification in the past couple of weeks.  All the others are MIA...  If this keeps up and no one else has that issue, I'll have to PM the mods to get it straightened out for me I guess.  I'll let it slide until the middle of next week...

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@57  I got it again this time. No notifications. So I just browsed the forums i follow. I saw your reply, but there was no notification of it.  Something is not right. Nothing is changed in my settings.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR : You're right. There are no notifications for me either (for today).  As I mentioned, I rarely go there now, but since you brought it up, when I clicked on the Notifications link, I saw some for yesterday, but none for today.

@CommunityHelps would you please look into the fact that there are no notifications for today for @OLDYELLR and for @57 and perhaps others?

As mentioned earlier, my e-mail notifications are not working either. Perhaps the lack of notifications altogether indicates that you're working on that?

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@57 wrote:

@OLDYELLR : You're right. There are no notifications for me either (for today).  As I mentioned, I rarely go there now, but since you brought it up, when I clicked on the Notifications link, I saw some for yesterday, but none for today.

I again got that No Notifications banner when I signed in.  In the past when I clicked my username at the top right and then the Notifications bell, even if it was zero, I'd still see the old notifications. Now I just get that banner, even though there should be a new notification.

RogersMoin

Hello, @57 & @OLDYELLR.

Thank you for flagging the issue of not getting the notification emails. We have been working with Khoros Support on this. 

I appreciate your patience.

Regards,

RogersMoin

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

When I leave Community Forums I never sign out, just close the tab or window. This time I signed out and saw this:

upgrading.jpg

Maybe that has something to do with the weird stuff.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RogersMoin wrote:

Thank you for flagging the issue of not getting the notification emails. We have been working with Khoros Support on this. 

@RogersMoin : There are 3 different topics under discussion recently.

1. @OLDYELLR does not have any notifications (on the site) and gets the error message shown as a screenshot one of his recent posts.  He doesn't subscribe to e-mail notifications except for PMs.

2. @57 can see the notifications on the site, however, there are no site notifications for today at all.

3. @57 has only received one e-mail notification in the past couple of weeks despite the fact there should have been quite a few for mentions, quotes, PMs, etc.

4. I see that notifications have restarted on the site. I now have some notifications visible from today. I do not have any e-mail notifications though, despite the fact that I should have.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

I came here this time because I got an email from Rogers that "You have a new Subscription Update in the Rogers Community Forums" and I can now see the Notifications when I click the bell, even old ones.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Email notifications -- I usually get them immediately.  However, this evening, I got notification of a mention that had been posted 15 hours ago.  From the timestamps in the raw message, Khoros was 15 hours late in sending it.  Something definitely is/was getting stuck at their end.  Perhaps they have also been losing some outgoing notifications as well.

Edit: Just got another notification in my Inbox for something that had been posted 8 hours ago.