Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Rogers RF remote

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

https://www.rogers.com/web/support/tv/remote/416?setLanguage=en

Have yet to pick one up myself.. but will possibly try this week.

Its an RF remote, so it doesnt need line of sight.
This will be a great asset to people wanting to set up a home theatre, etc type of setup where the box may not be right infront of the TV itself.

Though.. the TV on/off part of it (or any other paired devices) will still be done via IR and not RF.

***Edited Labels***

335 REPLIES 335

Re: New Rogers RF remote

Hi @BobbyOK,

Thanks for the additional information. 

Can you let us know what buttons on the remote light up when you press the channel up/down or volume buttons? 

RogersShaun

BobbyOK
I've been here awhile
When I press the up and down channel button the cable light came on. Pressing the volume buttons the TV light came on.

bscrivens
I plan to stick around

Can the Rogers remote be programmed to a Samsung Soundbar to adjust the volume?

We have a Nextbox 3.0 in the household, and we have a soundbar setup. We currently have to use the seperate controls to adjust the volume for the soundbar. The Rogers remote already controls the Nextbox and the Samsung Smart TV.

Thank you

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@bscrivens

The following links may be useful:

https://www.urcsupport.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Champion-Plus-Manual-Eng-Span.pdf

https://www.urcsupport.com/rogers

You have to setup your device first, then programme in the volume control to adjust that device rather than the TV.

You can also programme the remote to turn all your devices on/off by using the "Watch Cable" functionality.

Hello, @BobbyOK

Thank you for confirming the light pattern on the remote. I have experimented the remote control operation here both in RF and IR mode. By default without any programming, the remote can fully control any of our set-top boxes. Do you remember any changes like programming remote to control another device etc. done prior to the remote stopped working on your 4K box? 

You can try removing the remote batteries overnight, this action should cause the remote to revert to factory defaults. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

jimichin
I've been here awhile

Programming PROSCAN Bluetooth Soundbar speaker

I bought a PROSCAN 37" Bluetooth Soundbar speaker with optical input. The setup is all good except I could not program my TV remote control to adjust the speaker. My TV remote control is the latest URC 2125.

I do not have the setup code for the sound bar.

Please help !!  

Hello, jimichin

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. Hope you are enjoying your Proscan 37" Bluetooth Soundbar speaker. Please see the Message 277 above from @57 to program your speaker. You need to go to Setup/Add New Audio/Search for your speaker and follow the instructions to complete the setup. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

jimichin
I've been here awhile
Two remote controls

Can I setup my TV and Rogers box with two different remote controls without conflicts?

Because sometime we can not find the remote control it was misplaced somewhere by the kids.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Yes, you can set up your TV and STB with as many different remotes as you want. I have mine set up with the Rogers Atlas remote, Rogers Champion remote, Harmony remote, and Samsung IR and RF remotes. Kids losing remotes is one reason I have so many.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

PatrickSL
I've been here awhile

Problem using WATCH CABLE button

I recently picked up a new NextBox and it came with the URC2125 remote. I went through the steps of setting it up and I can control the box and TV properly, in their individual modes. I proceeded to set up the WATCH CABLE button. It turns everything OFF, but only turns the digital box ON, NOT the TV. To be sure, I can turn the TV on if I put in TV mode and press the power button. The TV is an Insignia 39". Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Hello @PatrickSL,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

I know how important it is to have the remote setup the way you like. It makes it much more convenient having to press one button to turn on all of your devices instead of turning each one on individually. 

Please follow the steps below to set up the Watch Cable button:

1. Press and hold SETUP until the mode key blinks twice.

2. Press the WATCH CABLE key.

3. Press each mode key that you wish to turn ON when you watch cable TV.

4. Press and hold SETUP until the mode key blinks twice. Your new setting is saved.

It's important that each step is done seamlessly as a few seconds of inactivity on the remote will cause it to time-out and you have to start from step 1 again. You can also Click Here to visit the website for more programming options for the remote.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

PatrickSL
I've been here awhile

I understand how to program the the Watch Cable button. As mentioned, both devices can be turned off together, however ONLY the box will turn ON.

box on + TV on: Watch Cable turns both off.

box off + TV off: Watch Cable turns box on only.

MrMontagoose
I plan to stick around
Some TVs have only on/off toggle signals, others have the toggle plus discreet on/off signals. From what you describe it sounds like your universal remote is programmed with the discrete off signal.

Typically with you program the remote you put your equipment on, press soon sequence of buttons, then press and hold the ok or center button until your equipment turns off. If it gets to the discreet off before the toggle then you would get the situation you describe.

You can try starting with your tv off, then it won't do anything when it hits the off. Assuming the scanning is done in sequential order, if the discreet signals are close together and the toggle is separate, then you could hit the discreet on next, which will turn your set on. If that's the case and you stop there you will have a similar situation as now.

If that's the case, then so the programming again but don't stop when the set turns on, keep scanning until it turns off.

At least that's what I would try given my limited understanding of how these things work.

PatrickSL
I've been here awhile

Interesting idea, I can give it a try I suppose, but....

the thing is though, if I'm in tv mode, I can press the power button to successfully turn it on or off. Why would the power button issue a different signal than the watch cable button?

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

When the Cable button is presses, the Power or Watch TV button should turn the TV and Cable box on and off at the same time.  When any other device button is pressed, the Power only controls that device.  With the old Atlas remote, you could often get the TV and STB out of sync if one of the other buttons has been accidentally pressed before the Power button, but with the new remote, pressing the Watch TV button always does the same thing no matter which device button has been pressed. But if you want to play a CD, then press the Audio button, then the Power button, just like with the old remote. Or if you want to  use an app on your Smart TV without turning on the Cable box, press TV, then Power.

MrMontagoose
I plan to stick around
Yeah, that sounds like a toggle in tv mode. Then I don't understand. Maybe you need to hold it pointed at the tv longer?

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@MrMontagoose wrote:
Yeah, that sounds like a toggle in tv mode. Then I don't understand. Maybe you need to hold it pointed at the tv longer?

I found with the old Atlas remote I have to be careful not to move it too quickly when pressing the Power button, especially if the TV sensor and STB are located further away from each other. Otherwise one or other won't get the signal and end up out of sync.

bscrivens
I plan to stick around

We have a Nextbox 3.0 set up with a Samsung Smart TV. The remote has been paired with the TV, no problem.

However we also have a Samsung Soundbar. And currently, we have to use the remote that came with the soundbar, to adjust the volume of the soundbar. I've tried to "Pair" the Rogers remote with the Samsung soundbar using all the codes found on the rogers website, and also the CH+ alternative approach. Nothing seems to work.

The model number for the samsung soundbar is HW-J355. 

I don't have the papers for my remote but I'm assuming it is "Atlas URC1056BO4" or "Atlas URC1-56A03" because that's exactly what it looks like. (From this page https://www.urcsupport.com/rogers)

Thing is, there are many different ways of "pairing" these things and I'm not sure which one I should be using. This site shows a bunch of different methods: https://www.urcsupport.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Champion-Plus-Manual-Eng-Span.pdf

I've been using this method:

Press the mode key for the device you wish to setup. (So I press the "AUD" key for "Audio")

Then I press and hold the setup key until the AUD button flashes twice, then I enter the code and try to hit power to turn off.

Should I not be hitting power? Should I try adjusting the volume instead? Should I be using a different method with these models?

I've tried all these codes so far, PLUS the CH+ method:

Nothing has worked. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I just want to be able to adjust the volume of the samsung soundbar with the rogers remote.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@bscrivens :  You say you have a 1056 remote, but the link you provided for the user manual is for the RF remote. The two are programmed in different ways.  Here's a link for the 1056 manual:

https://www.urcsupport.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Atlas-1056-Eng-Span-Manual.pdf

Try following the instructions there and use the "code finder" if possible in the first link of your post to get the code for the sound bar. Sound bars may be tricky and there may not be a code specifically for them/it.  If you try and it doesn't work, you can try contacting URC for the code, or call Rogers.  (The code I got was 1868, which was one you tried, but I'm not sure you programmed it in the correct way for the 1056...

MrMontagoose
I plan to stick around
Have you tried to get a code from the manufacturer's site instead of Rogers? That's what finally did the trick for me with an LG bar. Couldn't get it to work using any of the Rogers instructions.

bscrivens
I plan to stick around

That link has the same method I tried with my remote. It says to press "AUD" and hold "SETUP" until "AUD" flashes, then enter code and press power and hope for it to turn off. I did this method. Did not work. Isn't this the correct way?

Searched up specific model on samsung website, couldn't find any "remote codes" anywhere, even downloaded the user manual and don't see anything about the codes for universal remotes. 

Would I be able to do an online chat with a Rogers employee other than a phone call to solve this problem?