Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Rogers RF remote

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

https://www.rogers.com/web/support/tv/remote/416?setLanguage=en

Have yet to pick one up myself.. but will possibly try this week.

Its an RF remote, so it doesnt need line of sight.
This will be a great asset to people wanting to set up a home theatre, etc type of setup where the box may not be right infront of the TV itself.

Though.. the TV on/off part of it (or any other paired devices) will still be done via IR and not RF.

***Edited Labels***

335 REPLIES 335

Re: New Rogers RF remote

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@headhoncho wrote:

the remote they gave me for the digital adapter is the same as the other remotes they gave me for the NB2 & 3

Okay, that explains it. Mine has a simple remote like I showed.  It won't even turn the TV on and off, so I have to use 2 remotes.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@headhoncho wrote:

when I picked up the new remote they didn't ask for proof or id, they just handed it to me when I gave them the old one.

That's good to know.  I know when I had trouble setting up one of my DTA remotes, Rogers exchanged it for a brand new one no questions asked. I guess they're an expendable item. The remote on my older 8300SD PVR is getting quite beat and when the grandkids finally destroy it, maybe I can exchange it for a new one.

Gas_Man
I plan to stick around

On the new rogers remote, you toggle through the video sources with the "video input" button, top left of the remote. Once you have picked your video source, the list of options remains displayed for approx 60 seconds. Wik the old remote the video source list disappeared after about 10 secs. Is it possible to adjust the time delayof the source list, as its kind of annoying to have the list covering half the screen?

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hi there Gas_Man, I find your problem quite strange and unusual at the same time.  Basically when you press the Video Input button (On the Rogers remote) it will access the input menu of your specific TV set. When you see this menu on your TV screen, you should be aware this msenu is a feature of the TV set only, not Rogers and so the time it takes for the menu to appear or disappear is not controlled at all by the rogers or the Rogers remote but its set by the TV manufacturer in the software / firmware of the actual TV Set. Rogers has no way of controlling this so it could be caused By something else.

Tominator
I've been here awhile

@cdagg wrote:

I just picked up the remote and got it all programmed with all my devices, but I am unable to change the input for my audio receiver.  With the old remote I just had to push the "AUD" button and one of the numbers to get the audio for my PVR or to change it for my Bluray, but now if I push a number it automatically switches to the Cable button and changes the channel.  Any way around this?

...where did you get the new remote ???

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Tominator

Which location are you in?

At a Rogers store in Ottawa.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @cdagg

Toronto stores do have some but it's hard to fine. Again it's due to the stock that it's low.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@headhoncho wrote:

the remote they gave me for the digital adapter is the same as the other remotes they gave me for the NB2 & 3

Maybe another reason Rogers has switched to providing a full function remote with the DTA is that there are more and more TVs that can't be set up to use the original smaller remote fully, like mine.

cdagg
I'm here a lot
Has anyone who uses an audio receiver figured out how to change the audio inputs with the new remote?

gp-se
I'm an advisor

I have an AVR and the new remote, it can control the volume and power the AVR on\off, but cannot change inputs on the AVR. It however can change inputs on my TV just fine, so I guess it depends on the AVR if it can switch inputs.

I called 3 Rogers stores, 2 were sold out, the last one had 2 left in stock, I got lucky to get one today. I'm using it in RF mode with the NB 3.0

cdagg
I'm here a lot
The old remote worked to change the inputs on my AVR, so not sure why the new one won't. But it does turn it on and off and controls the volume.

Tominator
I've been here awhile

...I am in Ajax.

mousetamer
I'm a trusted contributor

I picked up 2 yesterday. I love the new layout. The addition of the backlight and the day buttons is great. For the first time the select button works with my Samsung TVs. I can now totally put away the TV remotes and just use the cable box one. Next toy will be the 4K PVR.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @mousetamer

I love the new Rogers remote. Been using it with the bedroom tv as my main living room tv I use the harmony elite with that one. I have 3 if the Rogers Rf remotes sitting in the box.

Tmothy12
I'm a reliable contributor

Okay, so the Rogers Store only had one remote so only one was swapped. I want to report a bug (is this the right place?). Whenever you use any RF commands on the 9865 the digital display flickers. I think it's because I changed the front panel display to the brightest setting because the clock was too hard to read on the default.

Please fix this in an update if possible Rogers. Everything else seems fine.

sm30
I plan to stick around

Has anyone tried using this new remote with their Netbox 2.0 8600 HD?

I tried it and it works. I was able to power on/off the box, change channels, and use the guide.

MrMontagoose
I plan to stick around

@headhoncho you mentioned an e-mail?  I have not received anything (e-mail or snail mail) from Rogers about the new remote.  Has anyone in Ottawa received an e-mail? 

I'm in Ottawa and I got the email. I received it on May 12.

stoneball
I plan to stick around

got my email today and picked up 2 of them in ottawa. tv setup was a breeze finally and all seems to work well except the EXIT button when watching a recorded program. it does nothing when you press it when watching a recorded program. 

also the user guide URC2125 that came with the remote is not the same as the remote provided. my new one has BACK where the guide says INFO and INFO where the guide says FAV. What does BACK do?

INFO is still awkward when pressed when watching a recorded program, it stops it and u have to resume/restart/delete to move on. anyway time will tell if they got this really right, I found the EXIT problem in 10 min, maybe I should beta test 8>(

ezbvanhalen
I've been here awhile

Hello. 

I have trid trid to pair my new Rogers Champion remote to my Netbox Explorer 4642HD following the instructions from Rogers and it does not work for me. I have held the SetUp +Up Arrow and hold. The remote blinks to start pairing and then stops with one blink (not two) and it does not pair or work through the wall.

Please let me know what I am missing. This is a perfect solution for my home theatre room if I can get the RF to work.

Thanks,

Brad