Certain Apps Connect over Wi-Fi but not Data.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Certain Apps Connect over Wi-Fi but not Data.

I reached out like you suggested but have since been told Rogers does not support IPv4 but the problem has been fixed for me. Ironically, everything now works again so I guess support isn’t sure if IPv4 is supported or not.
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Jnick1982,

Where you aware that Rogers is now telling users that it can longer help user with this problem under the pretext that they are getting to many request. Are you aware of this by any chance ?

Regards,
Switchel
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@switchel wrote:
Hi Jnick1982,

Where you aware that Rogers is now telling users that it can longer help user with this problem under the pretext that they are getting to many request. Are you aware of this by any chance ?

Regards,
Switchel

I haven't heard of this, however I'm hoping they provide a network wide fix. I know a few people being impacted by this... myself included. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi all, 

Could we get a confirmation from a Rogers employes by any chance then ? 

Best regards,

Switchel

I've Been Around

It's "PEACE" of mind, unless you're describing a lobotomy, which is what it feels like every time I try to use the online site just to top up. You'd think they'd want to take my money.

Good morning Community!

I'm here to hopefully clear this up! As far as I am personally aware, we are still accepting these escalations and will continue to do so until otherwise instructed. In fact, I just submitted one yesterday for a Community member that reached out to us directly via PM!

If you need to have this done, please PM us @CommunityHelps. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RogersCorey wrote:

Good morning Community!

I'm here to hopefully clear this up! As far as I am personally aware, we are still accepting these escalations and will continue to do so until otherwise instructed. In fact, I just submitted one yesterday for a Community member that reached out to us directly via PM!

If you need to have this done, please PM us @CommunityHelps. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

I was told Rogers is ipv6 only now, this is why my ip camera won't work. I reached out to the camera manufacturer, and they said the camera only supports ipv4. What are my options since the camera is only ipv4, and rogers has gone ipv6. 

I've Been Here Awhile

I have the same problem with the TRENDnet app as it stopped working over roger data and only works of wifi at home and work.
Will I have to change providers?
Can anyone tell me of a provider that is still using the ipV4 protocols?

Hello, @paulpo

Thank you for joining and posting your concern in the Rogers Community Forums! We can submit a ticket for you to have your device exclude from only getting IPv6.

Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@paulpo wrote:
I have the same problem with the TRENDnet app as it stopped working over roger data and only works of wifi at home and work.
Will I have to change providers?
Can anyone tell me of a provider that is still using the ipV4 protocols?

@paulpo

Send a PM to @CommunityHelps they just applied the fix to my phone and my ip cameras are working again!

This issue doesn't only effect Rogers either, T-Mobile users are experiencing the same issue.