cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certain Apps Connect over Wi-Fi but not Data.

Dave2861
I plan to stick around

Hello

There are apps on my iphone 6s that will not connect to my security cameras when on cellular but have no problem when on wifi. I have done the network reset, deleted the app and reinstalled, erased the phone and restored from the back up. Still does it though. Tonight I took the simm card out and tried my daughters from another carrier and the apps worked fine like they should. Reinstalled my rogers simm and problem is back. It seems to have started after the ios 11.4 update, 11.41 update didn't fix the problem either. in settings its says Rogers 32.0 for carrier

Also my wife's iphone is behaving the same so I don't think it is a simm card problem

Any ideas

*** Edited Labels ***

53 REPLIES 53

Re: Certain Apps Connect over Wi-Fi but not Data.

iphone 7 not working with Sricam App

I purchased a Floureon IP camera from Amazon. I am noticing for some reason with my Iphone 7 i can not view my cameras when get notifications for motion detection on LTE.
I can when on my wifi at home, or on other people’s wifi i can log into my cameras. But once i’m
not on wifi, shows cameras offline, when they clearly sent, as i wouldn’t be getting notifications of motion detected if was offline? How can i fix this issue! Sricam has poor help in this issue, and so does Floureon IP camera support! Thanks

Hello, @NicoleS113.

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. Getting notified of motion detection and ability to access the camera remotely when on the cellular network can be quite handy. 

Are you running the latest iOS 12.2 on your iPhone7? The support for 464XLAT  added in iOS 12.2 which should allow you to access your camera app over the cellular network (LTE). 

If your device is on iOS 12.2, please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps so that we can submit a ticket for you. Please check our blog if you require assistance with the private messaging.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Dave2861
I plan to stick around

Hello

A couple of apps I use to access my security cameras have stopped working while on Cell network. They work fine on WIFI

I have done a hard reset on Iphone 6S but that made no difference. They are still working on my wifes phone which is also on Rogers. However if I put my sim in her phone they will not work

Any ideas

Hey @Dave2861!

I see you've reached out to  us via PM! Glad we were able to assist and I'm hoping this gets resolved soon!

@RogersAndy

Hello,
I'm having the same issue but I'm on android, can someone from Roger's please PM me. I'm away on vacation and this is very frustrating.

Dave2861
I plan to stick around
Problem fixed by pm and Rogers support
Thanks

Hello @redfoxn1 & @Dave2861,

Thanks for working with us via PM so we could help out on the backend! Glad we were able to find both of you a temporary fix! 👍

Cheers,

RogersLaura

pgbauer
I've been here awhile

Hi

I have the same issue with Uniden App Cam on iPhone 6s after the last couple of updates, I can't access my security cameras here in Alberta on cell data but I can on my home WI-Fi - however if I hotspot off my wife's 6s iPhone I can access the cameras no problem. Hotspot creates a IPv4 connection and cell data use IPv6, I have two cameras running off this same App that are at our winter house south of the boarder and I can access them on cell data. I have a work iPhone with another carrier and the same App works fine on cell data for the same App and cameras I am trying to access.

Hello @pgbauer,

Welcome to the Community!

We definitely want to ensure you're able to access the app at all times. Can you please confirm if your device is currently running iOS 12.2 or higher?

If yes, then please message us @CommunityHelps so we can send in a ticket for you. If you're not familiar with our private message system, please check out the How To Send a Private Message blog to learn more. 

RogersZia

pgbauer
I've been here awhile

Hello

I am running version 13.5.1 IOS software for the iPhone 6s.

DaveyGWavey
I've been around

Hello I upgraded two phones and now I am having this issue, can someone contact me to address this issue.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@DaveyGWavey : It is unlikely that anyone will contact you from this forum, which is a peer-to-peer forum where users help each other.  Please use any of the methods outlined in the "Contact Us" link below

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/support/contactus

Or PM the mods here - see how below:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Rogers-Community-Forums-Blog/Get-to-know-your-Community-How-To...

Topic Stats