cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor

OK so the system is now live.  You should get a pop up asking if you'd like to update the carrier settings.  Click Yes

Then you go back to your watch app and 'setup cellular' is active.  I was able to get all the way to the 911 address screen but for some reason the 'continue' button is greyed out even when I enter my full address.  So not sure what's going on with that.  But I was able to get like 2 steps from the finish lol

***Added Labels***

603 REPLIES 603

Re: Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

vufikobi
I've been here awhile

Thanks i had tried the u-pair and re-pair method a few times with tech support.

Hey @vufikobi,

Thanks for giving that a try! Was it successful by any chance? Any further details you can share about your experience would be greatly appreciated! 🙂

RogersLaura

amg
I've been here awhile

Ive been having issues getting my apple watch onto my Rogers infinite Plan for 3 months. 

I had a share everything plan with an iPad and Cell and bought an Apple watch from Apple.  When I tried to activate it I was getting the ws errors and called support.  They told me I had to get an Infinite plan to add my watch. The next day the watch was able to connect to the network but the only option was to have a standalone 1GB watch plan. They told me to go ahead with that and they would move it to my Infinite plan to share data. 

After a few calls back with support the steps taken were:

-They tried to move the standalone watch plan to Infinite sharing unsuccesfully

-I got a new sim card, unlink the watch from rogers plan, unpair from phone reset network settings and repair the watch

-cancelled the watch standalone plan

-went to the Rogers store where they added a new watch line to my infinite plan. (When activating only creating a new standalone plan was available to select)

-cancelled the watch plan added to infinite plan

When prompted to reactivate again I'm still at the same place - after the rogers credentials verification I get a screen only saying smartwatch plans 1GB. No option to add to my Infinite plan.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Hello @amg,

A warm welcome to our community and thank you for sharing your issue with us. We hope you and your loved ones are doing great! 😊

Not having the ability to utilize your Apple Watch with your cellular plan must be pretty disappointing. I can imagine how you must be feeling. We'll do our utmost to provide guidance and assistance to help get this matter resolved! If anyone else in the community has been through something similar or can offer up some ideas, please don't be shy to chime in. Perhaps our insightful RE @nasa25 may have some input as well!

In the meantime, I'll ask you to send us a Private message @CommunityHelps so we can have a deeper look for you. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Thank you kindly!
RogersLaura

amg
I've been here awhile
I finally connected with an amazing lady from tech support. She was very thorough and had it fixed in no time.

HighTech
I've been here awhile

You must have got the same person who finally got mine working.  After three months and countless calls to tech support, dealing with completely clueless buffoons, I finally lucked out and got hold of what would seem to be the only person at Rogers that knows what is going on, and got it working while I was on the phone with her.

Cali009
I've been here awhile

How do you get to the area to confirm your 9-11 address is correct?  

Hey @Cali009 ,

Welcome to the Rogers Community! Thanks for your post. I hope you and your loved ones are doing well.

Is your Apple Watch line already active or you're trying to update the 9-11 emergency address while in the process of activating the line?

To update your emergency 9-1-1 address for your Apple Watch, follow the set-up instructions listed here on your phone.

1. Open the Watch app and select Rogers - Manage Rogers Account.
  2. Sign into your MyRogers account associated with the iPhone.
  3. Choose the first option to update the 9-1-1 emergency address.
  4. Add your 9-1-1 emergency address information. The address must match what is in the Canada Post database, PO boxes and rural roads are not accepted. If the address is not accepted, you need to enter an alternate address. You should update your location whenever it changes, so the service works as intended.
  5. Validate your 9-1-1 emergency address.
  6. Review your 9-1-1 emergency address details.
  7. Click Done.
Related Links:

Let us know if you have any other questions!

RogersMaude

Irisapple
I've been around
Hi
Got the AW6 last week I have plan cellular plan on my watch with Rogers but no connection
I paired and un pair watch twice and register my watch with Rogers but still no connection Rogers is aware of problem they escalate the ticket still waiting any idea why this is happening ? Thanks

JoëlD
I plan to stick around

I just had problems with connecting cellular and was able to fix it myself.

1. The first problem "Sorry, there's issue on our end. Thanks for your patience while we fix it" when connecting to the Rogers account was completely my problem. I was using the wrong password. I mean, come on Rogers! The message that I was getting is far from being "wrong username/password combo"!!!

2. The other problem after was when entering the 9-1-1 address. I did split the address in the different fields, but, then there was the "Canada Post" suggestion. I clicked that one (a few times), and every time I got a WS509 error. It finally worked when selecting the address the way I entered it, not the Canada Post suggestion.

All this happened after chatting with a customer service rep for over an hour and her finally opening a service ticket. 

I hope this can help others.

Joël Ducharme

Cali009
I've been here awhile
Where do you input the 911 address. I can not seem to get there

JoëlD
I plan to stick around

Once you get past the log-in screen for My Rogers (when activating cellular), there are a few steps (choose the number attached to the watch, etc.) and then you get to a page asking to enter the 9-1-1 location.

Joël Ducharme

RockDoc
I've been here awhile

Hi all, 

I'm having the same WS300 error when trying to activate my Apple Watch series 6. I had called into Rogers and confirmed that I have an Infinite Plan that is eligible for adding a date device. When I try activate from the Apple Watch app on my iPhone I'm able to sign in, but the only plan available was the 1GB/$10 per month as opposed to anything about adding to shared plan. 

I did try to activate even this plan on the advice of the Rogers Rep on the phone but got stuck at the WS300 error immediately after selecting the 1GB/$10 plan and pressing continue. The rep at that point was stumped. 

I'm wondering if anyone may have a solution on this forum! 

Thanks in advance! 

Hello @RockDoc,

Welcome to the Community!

Thank you for posting your inquiry and the details of what you've tried so far. There are a few different reasons that can cause the WS300 error. Since it came up right after you chose a plan, we should be able to confirm what may be causing this error.

Please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our private messaging system works, click here.

RogersZia

RockDoc
I've been here awhile

PM'd the @CommunityHelps . Thanks!

Morry
I've been around

Same issue 

WS504 issue right after asking to acknowledge the 911 differences 

never get past that page 

HELP???

Greetings and welcome to our Community @Morry!

I would like to troubleshoot this error with you further. Please PM us @CommunityHelps so that I may further assist.

Please PM us @CommunityHelps. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

I have been dealing with the WS300 issue for more than three months. I get WS300 right after hitting the sign in button.
I'm on the latest IOS/OS, and I've been through the credit check, reset network settings, unpair/pair watch, and change rogers password routines.

I've had 2 tickets escalated and still no resolution.
I requested ticket updates (via chat since calling is pointless) and the response is that it's being worked on. Hard to tell if anything is being done, I have not been contacted by Rogers on either of the tickets.

Any assistance would be appreciated

nasa25
@Setanta

It’s been awhile since I’ve dealt with these errors but a ws300 at the login could mean that you’ve tried and failed the activation too many times. Each time you’re unsuccessful the system creates a phantom line on your account. After you reach the limit of 10 lines it will error out. At least that’s what used to happen. Try seeing if there’s any phantom lines on your account and get them to delete them. Then after that there’s probably another issue why you can’t connect.

I know a lot of people had issues at the 911 address field. The postal code has to be entered a specific way and the system is finnicky on what it accepts.

I've certainly failed activation many many many times, all in the faint hope that one time it will work.

Phantom line? i don't see any other lines on my account other than the ones for which i pay.

Given that i've had two  tickets escalated wouldn't the existence of phantom lines have been checked as part of the analysis of the error?

nasa25
Phantom lines wouldn’t appear on your online account but would show as pending in the Rogers system. It wouldn’t be chargeable as it’s just a pending line. Not sure if that’s an issue on your account but figured I’d bring it up.