Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

Short back story:
- Brought my SE over to Rogers, activated a mobile plan, grabbed an Apple Watch, activated the $10 plan on that.
- Set everything up, wasn't able to login to activate cellular plan in the Watch App.
- Spent a bunch of time on live chat over 3 days being transferred and having cases opened, and, closed without notification. Annoying.
- Did a bunch of reading on the Apple and Rogers forums about this error code and realized it's been a sporadic issue since September 2018. Reached the end of a 54 page post on it and still no conclusion or solution posted by users or staff.
- Phone and Watch OS are up-to-date. Have done a power cycle and restart on both devices. Have restarted network settings. Have unpaired and repaired / reset to factory settings the Apple Watch. Knew it was on Rogers end regardless so I didn't factory reset my phone, screw that.

Recreation of my problem:
- Open Watch app on phone
- Cellular
- Press Set up Cellular Plan or whatever the button is there
- Rogers form pops up asking me to login
- I enter the correct info, press sign in. Did this step many many many times. Sometimes the captcha would pop up, other times the loading indicator would spin for a couple minutes before throwing the WS300, other times it would say my info was incorrect (lol).

Solution that fixed the problem for me:
- The thought popped out to me that I hadn't selected a "Data Manager" In the MyRogers app yet.
- Login to MyRogers app
- Select your iPhone number (not the Watch number) as your Data Manager (the person/main device that gets the overage notifications and can control device data settings, etc.)
- Ensure that the Apple Watch and associated phone number has Data Access set to ON.
- Voila. Problem solved. Let me know if it works for you too.
- Bonus: Can't hurt to reset your iPhone network settings before and after this. I did that as well although am sure that it was setting the Data Manager that solved this.

Cheers.
I've Been Around

I had an error WS300 when using 1Password to fill the login form during activation.
So after I touched both input fields manually it continued to the next step.
I've Been Around

Hi!! I can’t get passed the log in to Rogers account to active my smartwatch series 3. I get a WS300 error code... please help.

Hey @Pashaxo!

Welcome to the community!

Could you provide us with more detail as to the steps you've taken prior to receiving the error? To my knowledge this particular error can occur for a few reasons. More information on the steps taken will give us a better idea of how to assist Smiley Happy.

@RogersAndy

I've Been Around

Getting error code WS300 and no agents have seem to help me fix this issue
I've Been Around

I switch all my service to Rogers Saturday June 29th from Bell.  This included my apple Watch 4.  I have been trying to activate the cellular and I keep getting an error code WS300.  The first time I tried to activate it I got through everything the 911 ect after I got the standard message that my IWatch subscription was now active, and the error WS300. I do see my watch subscription in my account online.  I went to the Rogers Store and we went through just about everything from removing my watch all together from my phone resetting all the networks connection and trying to pair the watch as a brand new watch.  And since that first time I went through the 911 screen I have never been able to go any further than logging into my account, As soon as I sign in I get the WS300 error code.  I realize t here is detail post on how to fix that issue.  And I am trying to find it to try and follow the procedure.  I was wondering if it could have been because Bell still has the old Phone number for the watch as active, but when I saw all of those error code:WS300 in this topic I figured it probably was not it.   When I ported all my number the Rogers rep would not do the watch saying it is an in store thing?  Should I try to get them to port that number?

Thank you for any help you can provide. 

Highlighted

Hello @Bryan1976 & @Remoriss,

A warm welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! We are sorry to hear that you are both experiencing issues when trying to activate your Apple Watches. I'm sure it has been pretty frustrating for you to deal with. ☹️

@Bryan1976, if you have some time, please feel free to shoot us a Private Message @CommunityHelps so we can try to assist further! For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please CLICK HERE.

@Remoriss, we have replied to your recent PM. Please have a look when you get the chance!

Hopefully, you are both enjoying your Canada Day long weekend! 😊

RogersLaura

I've Been Around

Hi @otint, where exactly did you do the network carrier reset?