cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor

OK so the system is now live.  You should get a pop up asking if you'd like to update the carrier settings.  Click Yes

Then you go back to your watch app and 'setup cellular' is active.  I was able to get all the way to the 911 address screen but for some reason the 'continue' button is greyed out even when I enter my full address.  So not sure what's going on with that.  But I was able to get like 2 steps from the finish lol

***Added Labels***

603 REPLIES 603

Re: Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

WWCool
I plan to stick around

I bough the Apple series 4 and received the error message WS300. I’ve logged a case with Rogers and haven’t heard anything from them since Jan 10. Is there not a solution to this problem by now? It’s only been 4 months since it was first raised!

WWCool
I plan to stick around
I have a iPhone 8 and still have the same problem as you. Maybe we should all switch over to BELL

WWCool
I plan to stick around
I bought my Apple Series 4 watch on Jan 9 and have the same error porblem so they haven’t fixed anything!

WWCool
I plan to stick around
There are 528 messages regarding connecting problems. I still have not been able to fix the WS300 error or have I heard from Rogers since Jan 10

MapledLeif
I've been here awhile

I received a call 2 days ago and they asked me what the IMEI was on my watch as well.  They say that they're currently working on it and hope to have a fix for me soon.  They seemed pretty concerned about it.  At least they've gotten past the point of saying that I need to purchase a new phone from them in order for my watch to work on their network. LOL.

Hi @WWCool,

I can understand your frustration as I'm sure you were pretty excited to start using your new Apple Watch with your plan. We're sorry for any disappointment. 😔

You mentioned that you spoke to someone on January 10th and a ticket was submitted. Typically, it can take up to 7 business days for this type of ticket to be completed, so I'd recommend giving it a bit more time for a resolution. 

In the meantime, can you please share more details about your particular situation with the rest of the Community? At what point during the activation process does the error message appear? What sort of troubleshooting have you already completed with our technical support team? There may be other Community members who have had the same issue who can offer up some advice.

RogersLaura

WWCool
I plan to stick around

RogersLaura, it was very early in the set up process. I completed the scan and pair process between my iPhone 8 and Apple Watch Series 4. The process then went to set up cellular and that where it stopped. I received an error WS300. I contacted Rogers on Jan 10 and after closing both my phone and watch Ingot the same message. 

In a separate issue, I tried to set my phone to wi-fi calling and after agreeing to the terms and conditions, I input my 911 contact/address information and got another error message, that me address was not recognized. Another ticket was opened for this issue. I’ve read that some users have had issues at the warch set up process when they get to the 911 step, so I think theses 2 issues may be related. I’m anxious for a resolution and hope that technicians can share their fix so other clients can be better served with these issue.

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor
For the 911 address issue, make sure your house/apt number is on one line and the street name is on a separate second line. If you have a unit number like I do it goes on the third line below the street name

Also put a space in between the first and last three digits of your postal code.

WWCool
I plan to stick around

Thanks, I did the address lines right, but didn’t include the space in the postal code cause the example didn’t have one. So now I’m good to go. 

Thanks again

WWCool
I plan to stick around

Rogers called last night and said that ‘IT’ Was all fixed and to try it again. I did and it worked. It was something Rogers had to do to fix the problem, nothing I had to do but follow the onscreen instructions. Hope they get this permanently fixed and not continue to handle on a case-by-case basis.

MapledLeif
I've been here awhile

That's awesome!  Congratulations!  Rogers called me as well the other night.  I tried again, and it did not work.  :(. They said that they fixed a problem, but apparently there is still something going on in my case.

I had same problem at 911 address! Only thing that worked for me is putting a space between the postal code section for example B0W 1E0 instead of all together B0W1E0

hzarkesh
I've been here awhile
I had WS300 error and I raised ticket and within 5 days, today they called me and verified my identity and it worked and I could activate cellular on my apple watch S4

Prairie1
I've been around

I have been attempting to activate my Apple Watch with Cellular since December.   I get the WS300 error as well.  I have had tickets opened since January and each time they get closed with support and Network Operations stating that my 911 address is invalid.   I live in rural Alberta and my 911 address is not in  the Canada Post database. Canada Post maintains mailing or postal addresses (e.g. Site 3 Box 20 RR1)  and not 911 addresses.    Canada Post does not need a 911 address to deliver mail in a rural area they deliver to a community mailbox and we drive to pick up our mail.  

Rogers Network operations solution was for me to use someone else's 911 address that is in the Canada Post database which could be many KM away from my actual address.   

Has anyone else had this problem?   Using an invalid 911 address seems ridiculous.  Surely there has to be an override option to either not enter a 911 address or to enter my own actual 911 address?  I have paid for an Apple watch with GPS and cellular which I can't set up! 

.... beyond frustrated! 

Good day @Prairie1,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community!

I'm sorry to hear your Apple Watch activation experience was so negative.

I completely understand why you are frustrated.

If you still need our help, we'd like the opportunity to help you resolve the issue preventing you from doing so in a timely manner.

Please send a PM to @CommunityHelps if you would like us to assist you resolve this. For more information on our Private Message system, please check out this page.

Regards,

RogersMaude

ambora
I've been here awhile
Short back story:
- Brought my SE over to Rogers, activated a mobile plan, grabbed an Apple Watch, activated the $10 plan on that.
- Set everything up, wasn't able to login to activate cellular plan in the Watch App.
- Spent a bunch of time on live chat over 3 days being transferred and having cases opened, and, closed without notification. Annoying.
- Did a bunch of reading on the Apple and Rogers forums about this error code and realized it's been a sporadic issue since September 2018. Reached the end of a 54 page post on it and still no conclusion or solution posted by users or staff.
- Phone and Watch OS are up-to-date. Have done a power cycle and restart on both devices. Have restarted network settings. Have unpaired and repaired / reset to factory settings the Apple Watch. Knew it was on Rogers end regardless so I didn't factory reset my phone, screw that.

Recreation of my problem:
- Open Watch app on phone
- Cellular
- Press Set up Cellular Plan or whatever the button is there
- Rogers form pops up asking me to login
- I enter the correct info, press sign in. Did this step many many many times. Sometimes the captcha would pop up, other times the loading indicator would spin for a couple minutes before throwing the WS300, other times it would say my info was incorrect (lol).

Solution that fixed the problem for me:
- The thought popped out to me that I hadn't selected a "Data Manager" In the MyRogers app yet.
- Login to MyRogers app
- Select your iPhone number (not the Watch number) as your Data Manager (the person/main device that gets the overage notifications and can control device data settings, etc.)
- Ensure that the Apple Watch and associated phone number has Data Access set to ON.
- Voila. Problem solved. Let me know if it works for you too.
- Bonus: Can't hurt to reset your iPhone network settings before and after this. I did that as well although am sure that it was setting the Data Manager that solved this.

Cheers.

Kalisto
I've been around
I had an error WS300 when using 1Password to fill the login form during activation.
So after I touched both input fields manually it continued to the next step.

Hi!! I can’t get passed the log in to Rogers account to active my smartwatch series 3. I get a WS300 error code... please help.

Hey @Pashaxo!

Welcome to the community!

Could you provide us with more detail as to the steps you've taken prior to receiving the error? To my knowledge this particular error can occur for a few reasons. More information on the steps taken will give us a better idea of how to assist :).

@RogersAndy

Bryan1976
I've been around
Getting error code WS300 and no agents have seem to help me fix this issue

Remoriss
I've been around

I switch all my service to Rogers Saturday June 29th from Bell.  This included my apple Watch 4.  I have been trying to activate the cellular and I keep getting an error code WS300.  The first time I tried to activate it I got through everything the 911 ect after I got the standard message that my IWatch subscription was now active, and the error WS300. I do see my watch subscription in my account online.  I went to the Rogers Store and we went through just about everything from removing my watch all together from my phone resetting all the networks connection and trying to pair the watch as a brand new watch.  And since that first time I went through the 911 screen I have never been able to go any further than logging into my account, As soon as I sign in I get the WS300 error code.  I realize t here is detail post on how to fix that issue.  And I am trying to find it to try and follow the procedure.  I was wondering if it could have been because Bell still has the old Phone number for the watch as active, but when I saw all of those error code:WS300 in this topic I figured it probably was not it.   When I ported all my number the Rogers rep would not do the watch saying it is an in store thing?  Should I try to get them to port that number?

Thank you for any help you can provide.