cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor

OK so the system is now live.  You should get a pop up asking if you'd like to update the carrier settings.  Click Yes

Then you go back to your watch app and 'setup cellular' is active.  I was able to get all the way to the 911 address screen but for some reason the 'continue' button is greyed out even when I enter my full address.  So not sure what's going on with that.  But I was able to get like 2 steps from the finish lol

***Added Labels***

603 REPLIES 603

Re: Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

Ruelmelo
I've been around
Im thinking change providers

Chris89
I've been around
Just got a series 4. Keep getting the error stating my rogers account is not eligible to enable cellular on your Apple Watch. Contacted Rogers, they didn’t know a fix and opened a support ticket.
Fingers crossed it gets resolved soon.

Just received a call from Rogers concerning my WS503 error code I have since I bought the watch October 12. Now I am told I may have resolution on December 5. They will call me December 6 to confirm. Apparently the issue is due to tranferreing my land phone number to my cell. Two months to connect the Apple watch... serious consideration in keeping Rogers as my provider.... right now frustrated...

Tlex
I've been here awhile

Received a voicemail too for december 6th. I gave up and went with Bell. For the same price I got double the data... and a working apple watch... Sorry Rogers, you just lost me after 9 years!

rvsoo7
I plan to stick around

Anyone having issues with connecting to LTE on Rogers with their AW4?  Not sure when I had this issue because for the most part the watch has been synced with my iPhone so it's always had a connection to the phone, but yesterday I noticed that the watch didn't have any cellular connection even though I have an active watch data plan for a month now.  Going to Settings > Cellular, it says my plan is with Rogers, but status is "No Connection".  I've tried rebooting the watch but didn't fix it.  Anyone have issues?  Waiting to chat with technical support but though I'd reach out to see if anyone else has a problem.  I'm in the GTA.  

nasa25

@rvsoo7  the status is 'no connection' or 'not in use'?

Is the cellular icon on your watch black or white?  When away from your iPhone and wifi does it turn green still and just have zero bars?

MichaelYYZ
I plan to stick around

I ran into exactly the same problem after I had transferred the cellular plan from one AW4 to another. Rogers Technical Support told me that the watch was not able to register to the cellular tower (connection rejected by the tower) and they had to open a ticket. After a couple of days I noticed that the issue was fixed and the following day I also received an automated voicemail from Rogers informing me that the problems was addressed. 

rvsoo7
I plan to stick around

@nasa25 wrote:

@rvsoo7  the status is 'no connection' or 'not in use'?

Is the cellular icon on your watch black or white?  When away from your iPhone and wifi does it turn green still and just have zero bars?

The status under "Settings > Cellular" says "No Connection".

The cellular icon is white background, black icon.  When I turn off bluetooth and wifi on my phone, and turn off wifi on my watch, I get a red "X Disconnected" at the top of my watch.  At the top of my watch face, I see a red 'X'.  

rvsoo7
I plan to stick around

I live chatted with Rogers tech support who says they are experiencing issues with iPhones and Apple Watch LTE connections.  They said the problem is being investigated and hopefully resolved within the day.  I guess I'll check again tomorrow to see if the problem is still there.

nasa25

@rvsoo7 yeah that means the watch sees the connection but it just can't connect to the cell towers

hopefully rogers can fix this soon.  I'll need to test out the connection on my series 3 when I get home tonight.  

nasa25
Now i see that an Apple Watch line that I cancelled over two months ago (during the activation shenanigans) is randomly showing up on my Rogers profile as a line on my account.

Wonder what’s going on over there.....

MichaelYYZ
I plan to stick around

Rogers Wireless has been down for me today for the entire afternoon. All the calls that I tried to place, either on the cellular network, of through Wi-Fi Calling, failed. Data works fine on my iPhone. 

My Apple Watch 4 cannot connect to the Rogers Wireless network at all. 

When I check the status under ‘My Network’ on My Rogers app I get this message: “We’re working quickly to resolve a Wireless network issue in your area".

I am in Toronto. 

42DA1134-59B1-4050-8BF9-515FEBDC079A.jpeg

@nasa25 wrote:
Now i see that an Apple Watch line that I cancelled over two months ago (during the activation shenanigans) is randomly showing up on my Rogers profile as a line on my account.

Wonder what’s going on over there.....

rvsoo7
I plan to stick around

Just received a text message this afternoon (1:31pm EST) from Rogers saying the Apple Watch LTE issue has been resolved.

louger
I'm here a lot
I connected yesterday and all is good. Hope everyone else gets the same result

Stimoy403
I've been here awhile

Having similar issues now as well.  Can get to the 911 address page and once address is selected errors out on a 502 code.  Live in a rural area so upon recommendation from tech support tried an old address I had in the city but getting same errors.  Tried both having a space in the postal code and without.  

Anyone else having recent problems... Tech support seemed to still be confused, like this was uncommon.  Surprised they have not created a work around for this issue... 

Have been working with support for a few days now, with absolutely no resolve...  Any suggestions?  

Maybe this has been tried already. The address needs to be the address Canada Post has on file. The house number must be on a separate line from the street name. Good luck

@Stimoy403 wrote:

Having similar issues now as well.  Can get to the 911 address page and once address is selected errors out on a 502 code.  Live in a rural area so upon recommendation from tech support tried an old address I had in the city but getting same errors.  Tried both having a space in the postal code and without.  

Anyone else having recent problems... Tech support seemed to still be confused, like this was uncommon.  Surprised they have not created a work around for this issue... 

Have been working with support for a few days now, with absolutely no resolve...  Any suggestions?  

Hello @Stimoy403,

Thanks for joining the Rogers Community!

Have you been able to reach a resolution and activate your Apple Watch line since you last posted?

If not, we'd like to take a deeper look into this. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can further assist you. For more information on our Private Messaging system, click here.

RogersMaude

MapledLeif
I've been here awhile

Did you ever get this resolved?  I can't even get to the page where it asks for 911 data.  I get the WS300 error right after entering in my sign in credentials.  I currently have an open ticket for Rogers to have it resolved.  Initially, they said it was because voice over LTE couldn't be activated on my iPhone 6s as it was a non-Rogers, that being unlocked wasn't good enough.  My choice was to get a new phone from Rogers.  That didn't sit well with me, so finally I got a very helpful Rogers employee who was able to properly activate voice over LTE on my phone, yet the WS300 error still persists.  It's been re-escalated now.  Waiting (somewhat) patiently.

Stimoy403
I've been here awhile

Sadly not yet, I’ve gone through several different reps who so far all do the same things, with the same results. The rep who was working in the first ticket finally said that  they thought it might be due to a stail credit report so they did another, which didn’t change anything, then they came back and said it was due to the results of the internal credit report.  One of my lines just came off contract so should be some wiggle room there!  He advised that the watch would still work in blue tooth mode!  Kind of felt like they weren’t interested in the e tea $10/ month I was looking to pay them!

Called credit department who said there was nothing on their end holding it up, but that since my January bill was posted on the 7th the system wouldn’t work if there was a balance (was 0.00 balance when I startrd this process), so paid the bill and viola....no change.  Called back to technical support and spent another 45 minutes doing everything that had already been done a few times.  The techs moderating here contacted me and have tried a few of the same things, but have also confirmed there isn’t a “credit” issue holding anything up somhave sent it back to the technical dept who would get back to me..has been a couple of days but no word yet.  The online moderators mentioned they would keep an eye on the file as well to track progress. So at least  it seems someone is concerned at that end.

find it crazy they didn’t include any sort of manual enters system for the service people to. Pass these issues!  

MapledLeif
I've been here awhile

Oh wow ... it sounds like you're telling my story!

An outdated credit application was one reason used.  It's been redone and still no go.  So many things have been tried on my end and theirs with regard to this.  I'm surprised that you've been dealing with this so long!!!  It's not giving me hope that this is going to be resolved.  The only reason I moved to Rogers from Koodo was because I wanted to activate my new watch on cellular.  

Stimoy403
I've been here awhile

I'm wondering if the "glitch" that occured back in September has crept back up... if this is more wide spread than just a couple people!  

Out of curiosity are you in a major city, or a rural area?  I'm in a small town that uses PO boxes, which has been one of the main issues they've had... apparently they are using Canada Post to confirm address, but when it comes to rural areas they don't recognize the street address (because they don't deliver to it).  Seems like an absolutely dumb way to confirm, when 99% of Canada's Land mass isn't urban.   

One of the original customer service people asked me to put in a different address that I knew Canada Post would deliver to (even though it's against the agreement I acknowledged 2 seconds prior), he confirmed it was recognized by Canada Post but received the same error messages.  

A rep called me a couple of hours ago and said they thought that maybe since the account hadn't been refreshed after I made my payment (the day after the bill was issued), that they were sure that was the problem... it wasn't.  We tried both my current and old address' again, which did nothing... Error WS502 codes both times.  

Seems really strange that their system is throwing out all these codes, but no one can seem to reference as to what they mean, someone had to write the program to issue an error code when a certain event happens, but no one seems to know the event. 

Regardless she said they would continue to dig into it, and asked for the watch IME number, which no one had up to that point... so maybe they are looking into it...