cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mms over wifi

Nogs
I'm Here A Lot
I'm finding that no mms', either voicemail 2 texts, or regular mms' are downloading when I'm connected to wifi.

OS there an appropriate setting that needs to be changed? Is it the carrier or device manufacturer that doesn't allow this?
44 REPLIES 44

Re: mms over wifi

jroy56
I've Been Here Awhile

Disabling wifi calling fixed the problem. 

Dethtung
I've Been Around

What happened to MMS over Wi-Fi?

Hi, I recently bought a Note 10 Plus and I can't send or receive MMS over Wi-Fi, I always have to turn my Data on and have it gobble up my precious MB. My previous phone was a Pixel XL and I had it set to use Wi-Fi. Have I been screwed by switching to the Note 10 Plus or does anyone know if the settings can be changed?

Good afternoon @Dethtung!

Welcome to our Community.

Do you happen to still have your Pixel XL? I'm curious to see you swap SIMs back into your Pixel XL if the issue will persist or not.

In this way, we can figure out if it's a device-specific issue or an issue within our network.

Regards

RogersCorey

I cannot open vidoes or photos sent from iphones to my android. Is that normal?

Hey @Jannacooper77!

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with MMS! Can you provide us with a bit more information? Is this over WiFi vs Data? Is it occurring in a specific app? What are the software versions and models of the devices being used? Have you tried clearing the messaging app cache in the settings?

@RogersAndy