Huawei OS updates

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Huawei OS updates

Has anyone else received the Wi-Fi Calling update for their P20 Pro? I'm still waiting for mine to update.

If so, does it also come with EMUI 9.1 since that's supposed to be available for the P20 Pro as of August? The update information from Rogers only indicates that Wi-Fi Calling is "Available Now" but doesn't mention either the EMUI version nor which month's security update, if any, is included.

Thanks,

Highlighted
I've Been Around

So... I've had to become my own doppelganger since I can no longer login with my old credentials. 

For anyone who cares Wi-Fi Calling works well on my P20 Pro with the EMUI 9.1 update. I've relied on it quite a bit as I'm in a cell dark zone. Call quality is great.

Now if only we could get some of the more current security updates that other phones have been receiving.

Cheers,

I'm Here A Lot

Yes got to agree wifi calling works well , would really like to know when we will get Q update
I've Been Around

Hi Rogers,

Any timeline for EMUI 10 For high end Huawei hardware?

Currently using P30 pro

Welcome to the Rogers Community @PhreshPhones!

So far there's no ETA available on our end as to when the requested OS will be pushed to your Huawei device.

Make sure to always keep an eye on our OS Upgrades Schedule page for updates. 

This will let you know of any upcoming changes or new OS upgrades.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

I've Been Here Awhile

I've noticed that OS upgrades take at least a month to show up for Huawei (which I find is a bit ridiculous considering the majority of phones are also Chinese companies. Since EMUI10 is now released to Huawei phones in different countries, I'm wondering why it hasn't shown up for Canada. it seems like its the only company that gets the short end of the stick regarding new updates.

I've Been Here Awhile

I completely agree. Everyone else all over has gotten the EMUI 10 update and Rogers P30 users are still on flipping August security patch? Wth Rogers? Get it together or I'm leaving Rogers!
I've Been Around

When is EMUI 10 coming to Huawei P30 Pro?

Yes this makes me wonder. Euripe oficially has gotten OTA EMUI 10 update and China as well. Can we get at least the date when we get it here? Also, i just got the update for SecuritybPatch for October when its November 22nd and we are almost in December already, wth is that?!?

Hello, @Bobbylongschlon, @cjvautour, & @sharingking

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums to you all! 😃

I know how exciting it is to get a new Android version on your device. Android 10 should bring a lot of great improvements and cool new features. While I wish we could provide you with a specific timeframe on when it will be released, we have not been provided with one.

As per @RogersMaude's post above please keep an eye on the OS Upgrade Schedule for the latest updates on upcoming OS Upgrades.

RogersTony

I've Been Here Awhile

Lol P30 isn't even on the list. I still haven't gotten November security patch. Feeling a little compromise here. Why are the rest of Rogers P30 customers getting this update except for me?