cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei OS updates

revhappy
I plan to stick around

Hi everyone,

Figured I'd start a thread for the Huawei line of phones at Roger's. This should serve as a great registry for current and upcoming developments.

1st on the docket list for the P20: July 9th security update; June version. I have yet to see this update appear on my phone. This holds true even using the computer firmware software update.

It's currently July 14th and the OS upgrade table has morphed from "June security updates" to "Bug fixes + June security updates"

Can anyone comment on the changelog? I won't inquire about the delay because the most recent update to the chart says it all, I.e "big fixes"

The next anticipated feature I hope will deploy is WiFi calling. VoLTE on the P20 has been phenomenal to date!

***Edited Labels***

224 REPLIES 224

Re: Huawei OS updates

stacher
I plan to stick around
I hope I get it soon. Still nothing here. 😥

VMS-Guru
I plan to stick around

I'm still waiting for the update too. I'm not sure if it's being pushed by region or by other techniques. I'm in Kelowna BC and nothing yet.

fingers crossed it will arrive soon.

Trendhoor
I plan to stick around
Still nothing here either.

prestonnfs
I've been here awhile

I don't think location matters, but I got my update this morning in Ottawa. 

Screenshot_20190130-063945.jpg

stacher
I plan to stick around
I received mine this morning as well and so far so good. Gestures are sweet. I also like that you can use your own ringtones for every program now.

Those that got the Pie update. Was it OTS or through HiSuite?

I still haven't gotten it, Durham Region.

leadsuxx
I plan to stick around
I'm in Ajax. I received the update OTA Sunday night. No issues so far.

leadsuxx
I plan to stick around
Forgot to mention that the update popped up OTA when I plugged in my phone to charge when heading to bed.

Hopefully you see something soon.

stacher
I plan to stick around
Mine popped up OTA this morning around 5am. So far so good. I am noticing an bit more battery drain today, but I will see how it goes over the next few days before reviewing it further. I'm liking what I see so far.

Cmreycraft
I've been around
My wife and my coworker got the update about a week ago and I still have nothing

Condotta1
I plan to stick around
@stacher how are you using custom ringtones? Are you using a 3rd party launcher? I only have the ones available in the list provided.

stacher
I plan to stick around
@Condotta1, I use Zedge for ringtones, but you have to create both a Notifications and Ringtones folder to use them. You will then see all ringtones you either download or add from your PC there.

Condotta1
I plan to stick around
Ok, now I understand. Thanks!

Ian22
I'm here a lot
By the time we get the latest update be almost time for the next android version to be released

Ian22
I'm here a lot
It's Feb 3rd my p20 pro still has no updates,not good

Trendhoor
I plan to stick around
It's the 4th and nothing here either.

kavkaz
I plan to stick around
What's New:

1. Enhanced spyware
2. Better password capturing
3. Full HD camera capture even with screen off

Trendhoor
I plan to stick around
Neato! The February security update is rolling out to Pixel devices! Wish I had bought one of those instead. Still rocking the September update.

oli0929
I've been here awhile

February 6th , I had something appeared 4-5 days ago ,tried to install it and an error appear to be the wrong package. The package deleted himself , tried to search for update and still nothing come to my screen . I want this update , I like when my thing are up to date . From Quebec. 

Ian22
I'm here a lot
Well 7th February and no updates,not shocked, will not be shocked when Rogers says another month,this sucks,

Cool_Mo_D
I've been here awhile
My wife got hers almost a couple weeks ago on her p20 pro. Still waiting on my update as well. Nice updated camera options, such as zoom while in video mode and, zoom on selfie cam.