cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei OS updates

revhappy
I plan to stick around

Hi everyone,

Figured I'd start a thread for the Huawei line of phones at Roger's. This should serve as a great registry for current and upcoming developments.

1st on the docket list for the P20: July 9th security update; June version. I have yet to see this update appear on my phone. This holds true even using the computer firmware software update.

It's currently July 14th and the OS upgrade table has morphed from "June security updates" to "Bug fixes + June security updates"

Can anyone comment on the changelog? I won't inquire about the delay because the most recent update to the chart says it all, I.e "big fixes"

The next anticipated feature I hope will deploy is WiFi calling. VoLTE on the P20 has been phenomenal to date!

***Edited Labels***

224 REPLIES 224

Re: Huawei OS updates

Hello, @Bobbylongschlon, @cjvautour, & @sharingking

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums to you all! 😃

I know how exciting it is to get a new Android version on your device. Android 10 should bring a lot of great improvements and cool new features. While I wish we could provide you with a specific timeframe on when it will be released, we have not been provided with one.

As per @RogersMaude's post above please keep an eye on the OS Upgrade Schedule for the latest updates on upcoming OS Upgrades.

RogersTony

cjvautour
I've been here awhile
Lol P30 isn't even on the list. I still haven't gotten November security patch. Feeling a little compromise here. Why are the rest of Rogers P30 customers getting this update except for me?

November security patch doesnt exist, it's only EMUI 10 update. I haven't received the October patch yet and it's 3 days past when it said I would 🤷

That's what I meant sorry. Still haven't gotten it.

Yeah, alot of us are still waiting for the October patch and it's almost December. Once my contract is up (or I buy out my phone) im probably going to switch company's

Yea think I'm just gonna sell this P30, use that to pay off my tab and switch to another provider and buy an international model for my next Huawei

I'm still waiting for EMUI 10 for my P30 Pro.  Anyone know when it's coming?

Hey @rhnaks,

The new update definitely sounds promising! Presently, we do not have any information on when the new EMUI 10 update will be provided, but as always, please keep a close eye on our OS Upgrade Schedule here in the forums for any changes!

Kind regards,

RogersLaura

sears1953
I've been here awhile

I have a Rogers Huawei P30 Pro and I would like to know when my phone will be upgraded to Android 10?

Greetings and welcome to our Community @sears1953!

As @RogersYasmine mentioned, any upcoming updates will be listed here: OS Upgrade Schedule

I know how exciting OS updates can be, so I am sorry to say that I do not have an official ETA to share on the release of Android 10 for your P30 Pro.

Stay tuned to our OS Upgrade Schedule page for updates.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Telus is receiving it now in Canada. C'mon Rogers. You need to be ahead of the competition. Get it done.

Remember, you can easily spot the pioneers by the arrows in their backs. I for one, am quite willing to wait a few days until all the kinks have been worked out. Yes, I'd love to get Android 10 on my P30 Pro (and my wife's P20 Pro), but it's not like my phone is broken or unusable in the meantime.

diggin4aliving
I've been here awhile
The update has been out and about since October. It just seems that these guys drag their heels to get these updates out to us after we pay good money for these phones.

It may be true that Android 10 has been around for a while and EMUI 10 has also been out for a few months in other countries. However it's only been available in Canada since January 14 according to:

https://mobilesyrup.com/2020/01/13/huawei-p30-pro-emui-10-canada/

and:

https://www.huaweicentral.com/canada-huawei-p30-and-p30-pro-emui-10-rollout-to-start-very-soon/.

So, while Rogers may be behind TELUS in getting their act together, it hasn't been months but, rather, days.

Cheers,

Hi!

I just received my EMUI 10/Android 10 update this evening for my P30 Pro. I didn't need to do anything special. It just showed up as an update. The update went smoothly and everything seems to be working fine. Yes, the GUI has some improvements but as far as I'm concerned it's business as usual in terms of my day-to-day use of the phone.

Cheers,

I just checked and my P30Pro on EMUI 9.1.0 still says I'm up to date.

Any idea why and whether I can force an update to EMUI 10?

Hello, @rhnaks

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I know how exciting it is to get a new OS upgrade for your device so I definitely want to help shed some light on this situation.

Huawei is rolling out the update in batches over a 3-week period from January 14th to February 3rd. We have no control over this process as it is initiated by Huawei. If you do not receive the OS upgrade by February 3rd, let us know so we can investigate it for you.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

Update was downloaded and installed last night. Working well. Thanks

michael-r4
I plan to stick around
I have a feeling there is more to this story. Funny how Android 10 has stopped flowing to Hawei devices since her trial began yesterday

michael-r4
I plan to stick around
Can anyone confirm the update being pushed since Monday

Same here. Still waiting !!!