cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei OS updates

revhappy
I plan to stick around

Hi everyone,

Figured I'd start a thread for the Huawei line of phones at Roger's. This should serve as a great registry for current and upcoming developments.

1st on the docket list for the P20: July 9th security update; June version. I have yet to see this update appear on my phone. This holds true even using the computer firmware software update.

It's currently July 14th and the OS upgrade table has morphed from "June security updates" to "Bug fixes + June security updates"

Can anyone comment on the changelog? I won't inquire about the delay because the most recent update to the chart says it all, I.e "big fixes"

The next anticipated feature I hope will deploy is WiFi calling. VoLTE on the P20 has been phenomenal to date!

***Edited Labels***

224 REPLIES 224

Re: Huawei OS updates

When are we going to have the update?

Cool_Mo_D
I've been here awhile
According to mobile syrup, all devices (p20/pro) should be updated with emui 9 by the end of the week ending February 18th.

Trendhoor
I plan to stick around
Hahahahahahaha

Ahahahaha ahahahah

oli0929
I've been here awhile

Finnaly got mine this morning since my last post 8 days ago . 

jlkjlk
I plan to stick around
Congrats, let me. Know if you see a small hit in battery life

Dave80
I'm here a lot
Checked and got mine at midnight today. It seems quicker, but I don't use the gestures, I use the home button for back and home screen.

VMS-Guru
I plan to stick around

Yeah! My phone received the update this morning too. I've not a chance to play with the gestures feature yet but it does seem to be a little more snappy than the previous version.

Now to wait for the February security update. Smiley Happy

westcoastjos
I've been here awhile

P30 Pro May Update

I assume this is coming, but don't see it on the tracker. Usually, the updates align with what Telus is doing date wise (they had one for May 28), but I haven't seen it pop up on Rogers.

Any news on this? I see updates were also in the pipeline for the P20 series and regular P30.

Good morning @westcoastjos!

Welcome to our Community!

If you do not see any information in our OS Upgrade Schedule thread then we have no news to share at this time. Please stay tuned to that thread for upcoming updates.

Regards,

RogersCorey

rbss
I've been here awhile

Well, the update table indicates my P20 Pro should be updated by now. Obviously, that's not the case. What should I do?

RogersAndy
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @rbss

Updates roll out OTA in stages so it may take some time for you to receive yours. As soon as the update becomes available to your device you'll be notified to download it :).

@RogersAndy 

bdrcooper
I've been here awhile
Got my update this morning. So far, so good...

VMS-Guru
I plan to stick around

Has anyone else received the Wi-Fi Calling update for their P20 Pro? I'm still waiting for mine to update.

If so, does it also come with EMUI 9.1 since that's supposed to be available for the P20 Pro as of August? The update information from Rogers only indicates that Wi-Fi Calling is "Available Now" but doesn't mention either the EMUI version nor which month's security update, if any, is included.

Thanks,

So... I've had to become my own doppelganger since I can no longer login with my old credentials. 

For anyone who cares Wi-Fi Calling works well on my P20 Pro with the EMUI 9.1 update. I've relied on it quite a bit as I'm in a cell dark zone. Call quality is great.

Now if only we could get some of the more current security updates that other phones have been receiving.

Cheers,

Yes got to agree wifi calling works well , would really like to know when we will get Q update

PhreshPhones
I've been around
Hi Rogers,

Any timeline for EMUI 10 For high end Huawei hardware?

Currently using P30 pro

Welcome to the Rogers Community @PhreshPhones!

So far there's no ETA available on our end as to when the requested OS will be pushed to your Huawei device.

Make sure to always keep an eye on our OS Upgrades Schedule page for updates. 

This will let you know of any upcoming changes or new OS upgrades.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

I've noticed that OS upgrades take at least a month to show up for Huawei (which I find is a bit ridiculous considering the majority of phones are also Chinese companies. Since EMUI10 is now released to Huawei phones in different countries, I'm wondering why it hasn't shown up for Canada. it seems like its the only company that gets the short end of the stick regarding new updates.

I completely agree. Everyone else all over has gotten the EMUI 10 update and Rogers P30 users are still on flipping August security patch? Wth Rogers? Get it together or I'm leaving Rogers!

sharingking
I've been here awhile

When is EMUI 10 coming to Huawei P30 Pro?

Yes this makes me wonder. Euripe oficially has gotten OTA EMUI 10 update and China as well. Can we get at least the date when we get it here? Also, i just got the update for SecuritybPatch for October when its November 22nd and we are almost in December already, wth is that?!?