Huawei OS updates

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Huawei OS updates

From Québec.

No update. I have been waiting impatiently since December. It is too long. it's a big problem with Android phones. We have good hardware, but the software does'nt follow the trend.

Companies are obsessed with developing new products (new camera, notch or not, where is the jack?) Rather than improving the software of existing phones.

For example, why Huawei has never done an update to improve the use of P20 Pro cameras. The hardware is there, but the software has its weaknesses.

I think it's my last Android phone and I'm going back to the Apple ecosystem then.

I've Been Around

Nothing available for me.

I checked my wife's phone and it had the new update showing. When I clicked to install it, it said the authentication failed and it disappeared. When I hit "check for updates" it now shows as it being up to date (8.1.0.120). No 9.0.

I Plan to Stick Around

I know most of the comments here are regarding the P20's, but I was wondering when the P10 plus' may be in line for some pie?

I Plan to Stick Around

On my P20 pro, i received the update to EMUI 9 (0.0.178) & the Jan 1 security patch this am. I am located in the Niagara Region, but i don't believe geographic location has anything to do with when and how your unit gets the update.  

As i mentioned previously, My wife has the same phone, purchased 2 months after i got mine and she received the update a month ago (she was in the USA when she got it). That proves that it doesn't matter when or where you got your phone, the updates are issued at random. 

FYI, When you do recieve this update, you will need to go into your settings and disable the TIPS app unless you want it to constantly run and be displayed in your banner. 

I Plan to Stick Around

congrats. 

can you please comment on how the gesture works on the P20 pro? Does the fingerprint reader get in the way of the swipe up gesture? 

I Plan to Stick Around

I haven't really had the time to use it since this mornings update (im at work) but, i do have the p20 pro which had gestures in EMUI 8. unless there is new features added to gestures in 9, i won't use them. I prefer the old "three-Key Navigation"

i will play around with more tonight but, Unless there is something that i am missing (In 8), there are only a few gestures which are; screen capture, and the launch of 4 apps. You can switch the apps but you can not switch the gesture

I have gestures enabled, and i use it (or Double Knock) for screen capture but that's about it. 

I'm Here A Lot

I am in Calgary and got my update around noon, just by simply checking on a hunch. It didn't take long to update, so far so good. I did try the gesture stuff but I really didn't care for it. Keep hitting update you never know... Good luck
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@ewraight I'm off the same opinion on gestures. I haven't played with it to much since the update but I had them before and they aren't that usefull.
I'm Here A Lot

I have received another update with January security patchesScreenshot_20190126_061333_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpgScreenshot_20190126_061333_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg

I'm Here A Lot

Got my update today in the mail via Fed Ex no more waiting for updates and lies on release dates and excuses.My Google pixel 2xl has arrived :-).Huawei are you listening you have lost a customer and probably millions of sales .was going to add a pic but don't know how .