Huawei OS updates

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Huawei OS updates

Wait, so the kindly Twitter @RogersHelps lady who said you were collecting IMEI's to push out the update was incorrect?

Good to know everyone over there is in the same page.
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDarrell The disheartening thing about this is that we know there thousands of units already running the new o.s without any troubles (My wife for one, who has the same unit as i). This makes it hard for us to believe that there actually is a problem. Especially when those who have contacted Huawei and been told that the problem is not with them but with Rogers. And to make it worse, we always get the bad news right at the 11th hour. 

I now truly believe that, regardless of where the problem lies, Rogers & Huawei both knew that this was going to happen but announced the release early just to sell their hardware during the pre-christmas rush. 

Had Rogers & Huawei not have announced the upgrade, they would have lost a fortune in pre christmas sales. 

I'm Here A Lot

THIS IS JUST CRAZY. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I was mentally prepared the update wont be like iOS, so its simewhat expected. Plus the phone didn't lose functionalities from when I first purchased it, still offer amazing battery life and photos
I Plan to Stick Around

While we appreciate the transparency on the issue, there has been delay after delay in getting updates for this device and although I'm optimistic that I will get it this time around, I am reluctant to because I can almost guarantee that there will be yet another issue. Btw, why are they now issuing a security update included in the EMUI 9? Wasn't this package already sent out to the carrier's? Just curious now.
I Plan to Stick Around

While I'm disappointed that the update has been delayed again, I agree with @jlkjlk that my P20 Pro is still a great phone. The camera is great, which is why I chose this phone over others, and the battery life is good too. My previous phone was a Lumia 950 - again chosen for its camera - and at least Huawei hasn't abandoned their phones and the OS completely.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I am just as disappointed and peed off as the rest of everyone here. I am just wondering if anyone has thought if maybe possibly there is some connections to the current situation on going with Canada and China, or is this just too far fetched of a conspiracy theory 😉
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Community,

We have just received a further update from Huawei Canada. Again, it's not great news, but we will always work to be as transparent as we can.

The details are as follows:

The P20 rollout will now be prolonged from January 16th through to February 15th.

The P20 Pro, again a little more complication. Huawei Canada will now release Android Pie which includes the January security update. The rollout for those who still do not have Android Pie will begin January 21st and is now to be fully completed by February 18th.

The rollout for those already on Android Pie stays the same, and will begin January 21st and be fully completed by January 28th.

I know this is not what any of us wanted to hear, but the reasoning for the rollout schedule revision was to accommodate Chinese New Year, which is a holiday period in China.

RogersDarrell

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the update @RogersDarrell. While I'll have to wait longer for the update than I'd really like, I appreciate you updating everyone on the forum, even if it's not good news.

Thanks,

I've Been Around

P20 Pro in BC. Impatiently waiting for the update too...

Btw, I phoned Rogers support earlier. They have no idea what's going on with updates and don't even know that this community support forum exists!

I just hope we don't see another message from Rogers on Feb 16th, telling us now it's March xxx.... 

As an IT guy myself I really can't understand why they cannot offer internet downloads and installation through HiSuite - all the technology is available, so what's the big deal about that?