cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible Winback Experience - Still No Call Back/Resolution

vNguyenn
I've been here awhile

I want to preface by saying up until about 3-4 years ago, I was a Rogers lifer as they've always been good to my parents when we first came to Canada. The customer service and how they treat their customers has significantly declined, which has led me to not leaving Rogers once, but twice now.

Recently, I received a Winback offer on March 7th offering ABC. I was very hesitant, but he repeated the offer on a recorded call so many times so there's no way it can't be honored, right? Wrong. I got the email the next day and called almost immediately as it looked nothing like I was offered. I reached out to their Social Media team first. They give you the typical copy and paste templates and asked me to call to cancel, so I started the process. As I'm calling, he goes I'll submit an escalation form for the Winback team to call you back. Again, this was on March 8th. Since I was already on hold, I was curious to see if I would get a different response with the cancellation department. They advised they are seeing a different price/plan on my account, advised it would be corrected, but again, offered a call back from the Winback team (within 24-48 hours). The Rogers Sim and package arrive that weekend but I left it sealed because I did not want to waste time having to port back and forth.

After not hearing anything back, I contacted Rogers live chat support (either on Mar 12th or 13th) and they advised they don't see any notes on my account?? At this point I'm getting annoyed. They said they'll send off an escalation on my behalf. At the end of the conversation, they tried to UPGRADE my plan, as if she was CLUELESS as to what my concern was. Like what are these Copy and Paste 'representatives' doing?? I didn't even give her the respect to respond and instead closed the chat. Not confident in this entire escalation, I took it one step further by escalating directly on through the Website for 'Resolve a Complaint' and requested a call back. 

5 more days go by and on Monday March 18th, I call back to follow up. This guy genuinely tried his best to match whatever offer the Winback team offered to avoid the escalation altogether. I expressed my dissatisfaction how I'm getting a plan that's even worst than what's being advertised for any new Rogers customers. We then discussed how I was advised by my work colleagues (who left Rogers and also recently received a Winback offer), all received an 'upgraded' version of my plan. He said there was nothing he can do that, and advised only the Winback team could provide such offers. Again, he sent off the form and assured a call back would take place in 24-48 hours. Because he's the first one who made any account changes (I got a confirmation email that he did something), I trusted him and allowed time to go by. 

Moving ahead to Friday March 22nd, I still have yet to get a call back from ANY ONE at Rogers. I called in and spoke to Natalie. She was very apologetic and tried to see what she can do, but again, advised me there was nothing. She said she'll take it one step further and escalate it to a bot, which I never heard of, but she described it as an AI that is able to resolve my concern. Again, was advised I should see some changes within 24-48 hours.

This takes us to today, Tuesday March 26th. I haven't heard back from anyone. I haven't had this resolved. I have a new Rogers phone + Sim Card collecting dust as I'm worried about being locked into a contract. And before I was able to contact the office of the president, but it seems even this option has been removed. How many more hours do you want your customers to get a simple issue resolved? Why is the escalation process at Rogers completely garbage? I used to work for the Cares team for a Big Five Bank and it's disgusting to see how the team tries to resolve a customer complaint. 

So disappointing from what was once the best provider.

***Edited Labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Terrible Winback Experience - Still No Call Back/Resolution

RogersYasmine

Hello @vNguyenn ,

Welcome to the community forums and thank you for taking the time to detail your most recent experience with us. I'm so disappointed to hear how badly it went and I'm so sorry we were unable to find you a workable solution, despite our best efforts. This isn't the type of experience we want any of our valued customers to have. 😞

With this being said, when you escalated via Rogers.com using the "resolve a complaint" option, was it not an Office of the President representative that reached back out to you? If not, we can certainly take a look to see if there is anything else that can be done, but as mentioned by the previous agents you spoke to, if it's a Winback offer you were given, then only that particular team would have access to those particular offers. We can only offer what is available to us.

If you would like to discuss this further, feel free to contact us via PM @CommunityHelps. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

Re: Terrible Winback Experience - Still No Call Back/Resolution

vNguyenn
I've been here awhile

Hi Yasmine,

When I escalated using the 'resolve a complaint' form, I never received a call back, ever. As I'm nearing my '30-To-Change-My-Mind' policy, I actually called again today to inquire if I would ever get a call back. They shared honestly that the team essentially doesn't call back once they've made the sale. What a flawed and broken system, almost predatory if you think about it. 

After 2 hours of talking to a manager, she finally agreed to escalate to the Office of the President and advised it could take up to THREE WEEKS for a call back. I then asked that would be past the deadline, so what would happen. Her response? 'I'm not sure, you'd need to talk to them about it'. So my two options were:
1. Cancel now and don't waste anymore time or 

2. Gamble at the chance the call back will happen and something can be done. 

To my surprise, I did receive a call back from someone who advised they were from the office of the president, but to my disbelief, they said regardless of what was promised on a recorded call, it's not something they can honor. Any misinformation provided during that time, they can look at reviewing internally. Now here's the best part, when I asked about cancelling, she said that I would have to pay for the services I was provided from when I agreed to the plan (March 8th) up until the date of the cancellation. Excuse me? I'm literally calling you from your competitors line. You can literally see I never ported my number, nor am I using the services you provided because I'm clearly trying to resolve this. After telling her how immorally wrong that was, she agreed to ONE $50.00 credit. I had two lines with you. So what does this my final options at the very end?

1. Stay with Rogers and accept a contract that is different than what was offered by the Winback team.

2. Stay with my current provider, but pay for a line that was never used because the services were 'available' for me to use if I wish to this entire time.

It's absolutely insane to me how even the highest managers at Rogers, or someone from the office of the president, can't do anything and it goes back to this imaginary Winback team that no one within Rogers has the ability to contact and only exists when they are trying to make a sale. I ported my number to Rogers as my wife didn't want to spend another minute on this any further, and now I anxiously wait for your competitor to call me and win me back, because I will gladly leave without a second thought. 

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation