cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers “winback” thoughts

Campbell149
I've been here awhile

TLDR: rant about how disingenuous Rogers overall. They could have kept my business for a lot less than it’s costing them to get me back as a customer.

2 years ago I switched all my services from Rogers to Bell. This included internet and mobile, over that time I added my wife and daughter to the bell plan and bundled it with Fibe tv and Bell home monitoring. Overall I’m pretty happy with the service.

Last week I got a call from Rogers winback with some offers to get me back as a customer but I don’t know I can trust them.

Initially I switched to Bell internet because my 2 years internet promo ran out and my bill increased by $40. When I initially signed up to the Rogers plan, they asked me to call back in two years and they will offer me the best new deal at the time. 2 years later the best new deal is $40 more. lol.

Then came my mobile phone, I was getting 5 gigs data and was constantly paying data overages with Rogers, it happens I saw a Bell deal for $65/20GB so naturally I called Rogers to match the same deal, they refused, the best they could do was $70/20GB but I figured it was only $5 a month and I was a customer for 20 years paying high overages regularly, they should be able to match it. Nope, I went through loyalty and still nope, told them I will move to Bell if they can’t match it, still nope. So I moved.

Now I’m speaking with a persistent winback rep who is throwing all sorts of offers at me to come back but I don’t know. They made me go through the hassle of canceling all my services when they could have just given me the 5$ discount I asked for initially. It would have cost them a lot less too. The whole thing pisses me off to be honest.

*Added Labels*

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Rogers “winback” thoughts

RogersTony

Hello, @Campbell149

Thank you for your post.

It's disappointing to hear about your experience recently with your pricing. We do appreciate your loyalty over the years that you've been a customer with us.

We are limited by the offers that are tagged to your account but our win back team has access to special offers that are not available to everyone. The offers are legitimate and we hope that you will consider us as your service provider again. These offers are usually time sensitive so if you would like to take advantage of it then please don't delay.

Let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

RiogersTony

Hi Tony,
I also received a call from Rogers win back team and due to some technical issues at the stores my account was set up but my ID’s were not verified properly. Since then i have been trying to get a hold of the win back team but rogers representatives are unable to have access or give me any contact details of the win back team. I would really appreciate if you could help me with this.

jjjjy7
I'm a reliable contributor

@Campbell149   I understand where you are coming from. I think many of us are tired and frustrated in dealing with not only telecom companies, but banks, airlines, etc.  I think the only solution is for the government to allow more competition. 

Yeah chances of that happening are slim to none. Rogers, as well as the big telcos out there, have lobbied HARD to make such a thing next to impossible. We pay huge fees for cell phones, internet and other services here because a couple big companies want to make all the money.

Rogers today, Bell tomorrow. They're all the same in the end. One is not better than the other. You just luck into maybe getting a good deal once in a while and ignore the rest.

Hello, @Abdullahbaig

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I can imagine how disappointing it was to get your account setup but experience this error with the ID verification. The win-back team does not have a direct line as they are an outbound calling team but we can see if there is any way to get in touch with the agent that was assigned to your file.

Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can gather your information and get started.

Now familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here.

RogersTony

Hi,
I was with rogers but went to virgin 2 years back. Now someone from Rogers offered me sone package, but didnt call me back. My number is xxx-xxx-xxxx (Removed by Mod - Keep Personal Info Private). Please call back to discuss.

Hello, @Zubery.

We're delighted that you are considering a comeback to the Rogers family. We'd gladly follow up with the team so you can get a callback. Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog

Cheers,

RogersMoin

thamimmohammed
I've been around

Hello,

Win back offer and rogers added with wrong plan

November 25 -2002 I got a win back offer and I accepted that offer.

My primary line with 20gb infinite
1000 minutes international call for $45
Apple 14 pro 128 gb $58.

My second line $30 for 3 gb shareable
1000 minutes international calls free
And google pixel 6a device is free

Both have 300+300 +50+50 discount

I have received the device after when i got email from rogers the wrongly added my second line plan charged 10 monthly for device.

I made several contact like 25 times but still not resolved .
Customer service is saying that they still working with this issue.

No proper coordination and I am suffering for their mistake.

Could you please resolve this as soon as possible

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 in conversation