Re: Vacation suspension of Internet/TV service

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@enosbones wrote:

I was told that I had a suspension from last year February 2nd to May 10th 2018, so technically I only had 2 months left in the 12 month period .   

Yes, but the "12 month period" was finished on February 2nd, so if you had told Rogers you wanted the suspension to start on February 2 (instead of January 18th), you would have another 6 months available.  Have you looked at post 7 of this thread?

I'm Here A Lot

Yes, I looked at Post 7 and both examples are for periods of 6 months rental which uses up the allowance. In my case I never use the 6 months within 12 months.

For instance from Feb 2, 2018 into May 2018 I used 4 months. That means within the next 12 month period (up to Feb 2, 2019) I can still do a second suspension for 2 months or less. I wanted my second suspension to start Jan 18, 2019 but you’re saying I cannot do a second suspension and I need to wait until Feb 2. I guess I should have used a 2nd suspension from Jan 18 to Feb 2, and then use my new 12 month period suspension from Feb 2 to May 15.
Just use calendars years instead of 12 month rolling time periods and it will be easier for everyone to follow.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@enosbones wrote:
 I guess I should have used a 2nd suspension from Jan 18 to Feb 2, and then use my new 12 month period suspension from Feb 2 to May 15.

As discussed in post 9 of this thread, you cannot suspend for less than 2 months without paying an "early return" penalty.  You would have been better simply paying a few $ while you were away and suspending your service starting February 2.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I am aware that we can suspend our account for extended vacations but searching I have not once found a reply with the procedural steps to do this. With Comcast in the US I can do it all online but see nothing here with Rogers. If we need talk to a customer service rep just state that.

Hello, @e1eldridge

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I can imagine how annoying it must be trying to find this information and being unable to locate it anywhere. =(

You do need to speak to a customer service representative to have a temporary suspension applied on your account. You can contact us by sending a Private Message to @CommuniyHelps and we can get this set up for you or you can use any of the available channels by Clicking Here.

Not familiar with our Private Messaging system? Please check out our Blog for details.

RogersTony

I've Been Here Awhile

I have Rogers Ignite service with TV, Internet, and Home Phone. I just spoke to Rogers about suspending my Ignite TV and Internet for 5 months while I'm away. I was told I must suspend ALL Ignite services together, and that if I want to suspend TV and Internet then I must also suspend the Phone service as well. Is this correct? I can't find any explanation of Temporary/Vacation Suspension on Rogers website.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@gary01 wrote:

...if I want to suspend TV and Internet then I must also suspend the Phone service as well. Is this correct? 

That doesn't make any sense since most people leave their phone service "on" while the other services like Cable and Internet are suspended.  From earlier in this thread it seems you need to pay about $10/month for each service you suspend.  It's possible that Ignite is different, but I would certainly discuss this with another CSR, or perhaps PM the mods here to get it done.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Rogers-Community-Forums-Blog/Get-to-know-your-Community-How-To...

I've Been Here Awhile

I spoke to another CSR who also confirmed that I must suspend all of my Ignite services (TV, internet, and phone). The CSR said I might be able to forward a suspended home phone to another number, but he wasn't sure if this forwarding would actually work on a suspended home phone. 

To send a PM to mods, what is the mods username?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@gary01 wrote:

To send a PM to mods, what is the mods username?

When you are logged into the forum click on @CommunityHelps and send a PM.  The correct person will then contact you.  I also included the instructions in my previous post.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 28 replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 12 in conversation