cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporary Hold on Ignite Internet?

Seininya
I plan to stick around

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows about the temporary hold service that Rogers has for $10/month (minimum two months)? I last had a hold back in April 2021 - October 2021. From my understanding, I could request a hold again, but it is every 12 months i.e. I can request it again in April 2022, or by calendar year?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Temporary Hold on Ignite Internet?

RogersZia

Hello @Seininya and welcome to the Community!

I hope you've had a good holiday season :). That's a really good question!  We can suspend your services for a minimum of 2 months and a maximum of 6 months per calendar year. 

Hope this helps :).

RogersZia

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RogersZia

Hello @Seininya and welcome to the Community!

I hope you've had a good holiday season :). That's a really good question!  We can suspend your services for a minimum of 2 months and a maximum of 6 months per calendar year. 

Hope this helps :).

RogersZia

Seininya
I plan to stick around

Hi,

Sorry to re-open the post, but I would just like to clarify, if I do place a hold on my Ignite Internet services, once I reinstate the service, will my promotional discount continue? For example, if I'm paying a promotional price of $X until year-end, but I put my services on hold for three months, after three months of hold, will I still pay the promotional price of $X until my promotion time is over?

And how would I go about requesting the hold? Last time I was waiting for an agent online and on phone for billing inquiry for well over two hours.

Good afternoon @Seininya,

Thank you for your reply; Good question! A discount can be suspended a maximum of 3 times. On your fourth suspension, we’ll remove the discount from your account. In this case, we can review eligible offers with you when you come back.

We're sorry we've been more popular than usual, lately. While our service levels are going back to normal, you can still reach out to us via private message message, if you'd like us to assist with your temporary suspension of service. 

For further assistance and in order to discuss your account details, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps. If you're not familiar with this process, have a look at this blog.

Thanks!

RogersMaude

Nofrills1275
I've been around

Can you put ignite tv on vacation hold but keep wifi internet on for three months as we are snowbirds and will be away. We have so many things that we still want to be hook up to wifi. Ex. lights, cameras, heat and so on. 

@Nofrills1275 wrote: Can you put ignite tv on vacation hold but keep wifi internet on

AFAIK, you cannot.

Calling in these days can be pretty tiring, especially with the wait times.  Here's a post on the topic of vacation suspensions:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Account-Support/Vacation-Suspension/m-p/499779/highlight/true#...

Be aware that if you have legacy digital cable, you may be able to suspend the TV portion while keeping internet. However, with IgniteTV, it is not possible to separate TV and Internet, so it's all or nothing.  If I'm wrong about this, please reply here with a clarification.

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 in conversation