cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Vacation suspension of Internet/TV service

Mira2018
I've been around

Hi,

My mother had to extend her stay in another country due to health issues and I would like to know whether I can ask Rogers to suspend her TV/Internet services. Is this possible, what is the process and how much will I have to continue paying while service is suspended.

Thank you for all the help you can provide

Mira2018

***Added Labels***

41 REPLIES 41

enosbones
I plan to stick around
Yes, I looked at Post 7 and both examples are for periods of 6 months rental which uses up the allowance. In my case I never use the 6 months within 12 months.

For instance from Feb 2, 2018 into May 2018 I used 4 months. That means within the next 12 month period (up to Feb 2, 2019) I can still do a second suspension for 2 months or less. I wanted my second suspension to start Jan 18, 2019 but you’re saying I cannot do a second suspension and I need to wait until Feb 2. I guess I should have used a 2nd suspension from Jan 18 to Feb 2, and then use my new 12 month period suspension from Feb 2 to May 15.
Just use calendars years instead of 12 month rolling time periods and it will be easier for everyone to follow.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@enosbones wrote:
 I guess I should have used a 2nd suspension from Jan 18 to Feb 2, and then use my new 12 month period suspension from Feb 2 to May 15.

As discussed in post 9 of this thread, you cannot suspend for less than 2 months without paying an "early return" penalty.  You would have been better simply paying a few $ while you were away and suspending your service starting February 2.

e1eldridge
I've been around

I am aware that we can suspend our account for extended vacations but searching I have not once found a reply with the procedural steps to do this. With Comcast in the US I can do it all online but see nothing here with Rogers. If we need talk to a customer service rep just state that.

Hello, @e1eldridge

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I can imagine how annoying it must be trying to find this information and being unable to locate it anywhere. =(

You do need to speak to a customer service representative to have a temporary suspension applied on your account. You can contact us by sending a Private Message to @CommuniyHelps and we can get this set up for you or you can use any of the available channels by Clicking Here.

Not familiar with our Private Messaging system? Please check out our Blog for details.

RogersTony

gary01
I've been here awhile

I have Rogers Ignite service with TV, Internet, and Home Phone. I just spoke to Rogers about suspending my Ignite TV and Internet for 5 months while I'm away. I was told I must suspend ALL Ignite services together, and that if I want to suspend TV and Internet then I must also suspend the Phone service as well. Is this correct? I can't find any explanation of Temporary/Vacation Suspension on Rogers website.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@gary01 wrote:

...if I want to suspend TV and Internet then I must also suspend the Phone service as well. Is this correct? 

That doesn't make any sense since most people leave their phone service "on" while the other services like Cable and Internet are suspended.  From earlier in this thread it seems you need to pay about $10/month for each service you suspend.  It's possible that Ignite is different, but I would certainly discuss this with another CSR, or perhaps PM the mods here to get it done.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Rogers-Community-Forums-Blog/Get-to-know-your-Community-How-To...

gary01
I've been here awhile

I spoke to another CSR who also confirmed that I must suspend all of my Ignite services (TV, internet, and phone). The CSR said I might be able to forward a suspended home phone to another number, but he wasn't sure if this forwarding would actually work on a suspended home phone. 

To send a PM to mods, what is the mods username?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@gary01 wrote:

To send a PM to mods, what is the mods username?

When you are logged into the forum click on @CommunityHelps and send a PM.  The correct person will then contact you.  I also included the instructions in my previous post.

wayner92
I'm a reliable contributor

The only reason I keep a cable TV sub is to watch sports - Raptors, Leafs, pro golf, etc.  That is not taking place for the forseeable future.  Can I pause my cable and then restart it when stuff comes back? 

Other folks may be like me and considering suspending their cable TV account because there is nothing worth watching during the Covid-19 lockdown if you are primarily a sports viewer.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@wayner92 : There was no reason to start a new thread since there were already several threads on the topic.  Your other post was not deleted, but rather merged into one of the existing threads, however, now that you have posted a duplicate post, one of your recent posts may be deleted. I have the following comments:  

1. Post 9 of this thread outlines the "rules" for suspension of services.

2. If you have IgniteTV, you need to suspend all services (including internet & phone) since they cannot be separated.

3. If you have Digital Cable, you can suspend the cable TV portion only (I believe), but according to the rules in post 9 and I believe it's $10/mo (perhaps $20 - I can't remember), but you can confirm with Rogers if you've got Digital Cable.  If you've got IgniteTV, then you're out of luck regarding CableTV only.

How do I do a seasonal suspension online??suspend

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@DreamFarm : As discussed earlier in this thread, unless things have changed, you cannot do it online. See the following link for options.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Account-Support/Re-Vacation-suspension-of-Internet-TV-service/...

gatoween
I plan to stick around

I have Rogers Ignite, TV and Home phone but only want to temporarily hold the TV and Phone services. Why do I have to suspend TV and Internet together?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@gatoween : See note 2 of post 31 above. IgniteTV is IPTV (Internet Protocol TV) and is therefore difficult to separate out.

With Legacy Digital Cable, there were three different interfaces/connections to incoming RF-coax - modem for home phone, STBs for TV, modem for Internet. With IgniteTV there is only the one "gateway" interface. The TV boxes are not "connected" to the RF-coax, but rather to the gateway, same with computers, tablets, home phone, etc.

It may be theoretically possible to isolate the various "users", but I don't believe it's something that Rogers does.

hjkkjhjk
I've been around

Is this offer still valid on cable service?

Hello, @hjkkjhjk

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

If you are looking to suspend your home Internet and TV services we can certainly look into this for you. 

Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can get started on this. Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here.

We look forward to hearing from you.

RogersTony

royperlman
I've been here awhile

Where do I go to to suspend TV services

Hello, @royperlman.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😃

Thank you for joining this conversation; we can help with the temporary suspension of your TV service. If you have a residential account with a minimum of 3 months tenure, you can suspend your TV service for a minimum of 2 months and a maximum of 6 months per calendar year.

We can check the eligibility and submit the suspension work order for you. Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Can you have my tv only put on vacation from Dec. 1, 2022 to April 10,2023?

Good afternoon @vernekean,

Thanks for posting to the Rogers Community about your Temporary suspension request.

In order to bring those changes to your services, we'll need to discuss privately to gain access to your account.

If you would still require assistance regarding the temporary hold on your residential services, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps to get started. For details on our private messaging system, click here.

RogersMaude

vgparker
I've been here awhile

Why in blazes should we have to go through all these hoops. Why does Rogers not just answer the bloody phone....45 mins and still waiting....what a waste of time.....!

Topic Stats