cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premium SMS - Unable to receive verification codes.

Azm
I've been here awhile

I switched phones and I had to setup all my apps again. I to my surprise I am not getting any verification codes anymore. Rogers blocks them with no work around. I spoke to an agent and all I got is ya they're blocked and the block can't be removed. Here I am with a super performant phone in my hand that I can't even setup.
Any suggestions are appreciated. Uber, WhatsApp, Google, Facebook etc. I have an s8 plus now although it is not phone related.

***Edited Labels***

72 REPLIES 72

Re: Premium SMS - Unable to receive verification codes.

jameso
I've been here awhile

I was in contact with support and things are now working for my wife and I.
It seems the cause for us was that things hadn't fully switched over from our old provider. Rogers fixed things behind the scenes. Hope this is of help to anyone else facing this issue!

radou
I've been around

Unable to receive a one time verification code from toll free number, sometimes calls neither. Any help plz?

Hello, @radou.

Thank you for your post, and welcome to Rogers Community Forums!

Typically verification codes are sent from shortcodes, not from a toll-free number. And those shortcodes must be listed in the approved shortcode programs list available on CWTA's website.

If you are certain the verification code you are expecting is from a toll-free number, we can investigate it for you. Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Hi everyone!

My problem is: Cannot receive SMS Token/One Time Password text from foreign bank. When doing online banking for a foreign bank, BNU in Macau, I cannot complete any transactions because my phone is not receiving the texts from them containing the OTP/SMS token I need to validate them, even if I resend multiple times.

My phone is receiving texts from other numbers with no issues, including from other institutions with short codes.

Reading through other similar topics, I wonder if it might be because BNU is not included in the txt.ca website for current short code programs. I have also contacted the bank and they are doing further investigations, but I wanted to reach out here as well, to see if it could be some other issue, or if it'd be possible for Rogers to unlock/unblock BNU's contact from my phone.

Thank you for the time and assistance!

Phone number verification message

eric38
I've been here awhile

Have not been able to receive the wireless phone verification sent from the Account Profile section.

My phone, which is on the Public Mobile service, received SMS messages sent on the day of the install. Have the following questions:

1. Is the verification SMS or short codes ?

2. Like many people I have dropped my home landline or voip and use a cell phone. On the account the same wireless number is used in all fields where a number is required.  Since historically home phones do not have text messaging capability is it possible that this is causing the MyRogers system to not actually send the message ?

Thanks

Re: Phone number verification message

Hello, @eric38

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I can understand how important it is to be receiving your verification text messages. These would be sent via Short Code SMS. As long as your device is able to receive SMS then it should work regardless if the line was previously a landline.

If you are with Public Mobile as your wireless provider you would need to contact them to see why these messages are not coming through on your device.

RogersTony

eric38
I've been here awhile

Hello RogersTony,

My device receives from Rogers (437) 777-2884 (SMS/MMS) with no problems.

Public Mobile has the provided a list of the short codes they accept. The only ones with Rogers in the description: 

Rogers Publishing - Biz Info Instant Access123123
Rogers Bank Mobile Alerts747265
Rogers Tennis Canada25252

Source: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/What-short-codes-are-supported-by-Publi... Click on the Spoiler box to open the list

I suspect that MyRogers is not using any of those.

If I knew what short code was being used it would be easier to go back to Public Mobile and ask them to add it.

Thanks

Hi @eric38,

I hope all is well and thank you for reaching out to us and providing an update.

For all related short codes, you can visit this site and search for Rogers to bring up all related short codes for us. 

Hope this information helps. 

Cheers
RogersJermaine

I am facing the same issue. I moved to rogers from Koodo 1 week ago. I am recieving codes from all the different brands except from CIBC and paybright. I spoke to a Tech Rep from Rogers who said that for some reason the sms from those companies are not hitting the network for me. Surprisingly my wife who is on rogers too gets the sms from those firms with no problem. This is rogers internal issue which they need to resolve asap as it is hurting my bank transactions

Hello, @dipeshrajsaini.

Thank you for joining this discussion, and welcome to Rogers and our Community!

It can be quite inconvenient not to receive the verification codes. It’s good to know that you can receive codes from others, except for CIBC and PayBright. Does the Tech Rep you spoke to submit a ticket to have this investigated?

If you are not sure, we can look into it for you. Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats