cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV Promo - Amazon Gift Card

Mait1
I've been here awhile

Hi
I changed my plan to and ignite internet and tv bundle back in February and was supposed to receive a $100 amazon gift card as part of the promotion. I have never received this despite having contacted customer service twice and being promised a follow up. Has anyone else had this issue?

***Edited Labels***

114 REPLIES 114

Re: Ignite TV Promo - Amazon Gift Card

rendt
I'm here a lot

Hi all, more update as today I received the digital Amazon gift card I requested, I have redeemed it and has the additional $150 balance in my Amazon account. I guess I am lucky enough to have reached the light at the end of the tunnel. But for everyone who has been in the same frustrating journey, let me give you an idea on what I went through so that you may do the same and hopefully receive your gift cards too.

1. I signed up my internet service on September 4th, like most I saved a transcript saying that I was promised the $150 gift card as part of the promotion.

2. Waited, constantly checked email including spam folder, and a few times contacted the reps who had been advising that I continue waiting til the end of the 6 weeks before contacting them again to request for escalation.

3. After the 6th week, October 16th, I still haven't received anything, so I contacted the rep again who promptly sent my case for escalation, but also told me that it could take up to 4 weeks for any update. So I marked November 13th to remind myself.

4. November 6th, I got the email from 'Rogers Communications <rogers@e.helloworldmail.com>' for link to register the gift card of my choice. I opted for the digital because waiting has been long and frustrating. Noted that it could take up to 4 weeks again, so I marked December 4th.

5. November 19th, today, I received a note from the same email above saying my gift card is here. Opened the link, and redeemed it on Amazon to see my balance topped up by $150. 

I'm relieved they went through with their promise, but I also shared the same frustration as everyone else. I wished Rogers simplified their systems and not putting customers in a long winding road in all aspects, most importantly their customer service. I hope they are keeping the gift card promise to everyone. Make sure that you all diligently follow up so that you don't lose it or go beyond the time limit. Save all transcripts of all conversation. Good luck, folks.

Jeff146
I'm here a lot
That's really good and glad you got yours. I actually registered the same day as you on November 6th as well but still haven't gotten my email. Was just wondering, did you pick Amazon or Walmart for your gift card?

JDS_Ott
I plan to stick around

It's hard to believe this thread has been marked Closed by Rogers Support. This is not even close to being closed.

$150 amazon gift card email received Wednesday (start of service was Sept 3, 2020). Came from: Rogers Communications <rogers@e.helloworldmail.com>. The claim code was accepted by Amazon. At some points thought this would not happen.

I believe the ccts complaint I added expedited this. I asked for root cause to be detailed, and balance of customers to get their promotion amount, but I am doubtful ccts will enforce this.

Hopefully everyone gets the promotion they were promised. My advice is escalate and avoid runaround.

rendt
I'm here a lot

I picked the Amazon since I had some bigger purchases planned through amazon, nice to have a 'free' one with the gift card

KrymsonRed
I've been here awhile
I picked the Walmart card but received Amazon anyway with an email saying all gifts from the gifts with purchase are redeemed through Amazon.

I was also told I would get an email to pick either Walmart or Amazon gift card.

However, Mine was just installed very recently on Nov 25th. I am not too sure if that promotion was actually in place or was expired.

Called Rogers over the phone, I must admit, calling them is the worst part. 2 hours waiting any time of the day you call? Such a cheap company!

My mistake to get Rogers. I ain't ready to waste my life calling them and waiting for 2 hours every single time. I would probably go back to BELL atleast they don't make me wait and making me hear some stupid music!

What a service!

RSCUST
I've been here awhile
I am in the same boat . I was told that there was a three week delay due to Amazon. Now I’m being told that there was a mistake from Rogers in applying the promotion code to my account . Countless hours dealing with this via phone wells and live chat leave me to believe that Rogers is giving me the runaround . It’s ridiculous .

doansn
I've been here awhile

Everything was installed in late September, I called twice and both times was told the gift cards are delayed, but I should receive an email soon though. It's now December and still no luck on the gift card.  I check my email everyday including the junk folder so I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have missed it.

ok31
I plan to stick around

Hi everybody, I finally got an email from rogers@e.helloworldmail.com after emailing customercare@helloworldfulfillment.com and constantly messaging Rogers moderator on the forums. One moderator was able to forward my case to the customer care but also advised me to message them separately to reach out to them. The email was also not in my spam folder but rather the primary inbox. Do search for "rogers@e.helloworldmail.com" occasionally as you could possibly have missed the email! 

Hello @doansn,

We appreciate the update and apologize for the length of time it is taking for you receive your promotional gift card! When speaking to the previous agents regarding your issue, did they specify as to whether or not a follow-up or escalation was sent off for you?

We'd be happy to take a closer look to see what is going on! Feel free to send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Kind regards,

RogersLaura

Hi Laura,

I went in the store and created a reference number for my ticket.

Can u pls look into it?

I dont know how to private message from here

Eri98
I've been here awhile

My installation is in late AUG, got the register email in the beginning of OCT and still haven't receive anything yet.

Sent numrous email to that third party vendor, got the acknowledgement but they never reply!!!!

Thanks Laura, I have sent a PM to the CommunitHelps and looking forward to your reply.

JS40
I've been here awhile

I activated my home services with Rogers in mid-September (phone, TV and Ignite Internet); registered with HelloWorld on November 6th after following up with Rogers about the registration link that never came.  I have sent three separate emails to HelloWorld and have not received anything back from them with exception to the first email that confirmed contact and provided a reference number.  I expect my gift card will be issued at any time?!?!  This is ridiculous, there is no one to reach out about this at HelloWorld as they actively ignore any written correspondence.  I trust someone at Rogers is able to address this?

JuanD
I've been around
Hi, I’m struggling with the same, since August I joined and nothing yet, Calle already and waited for 48 hours and nothing, is been a week since last call. I was tricked by Rogers

Marinacacic
I plan to stick around
I signed up for ignite in September and was told that I was going to get $150 gift card I have since contacted Rogers by phone and through Twitter and have two or three escalation numbers plus a bunch of apologies and I have been told many times that it would take six weeks then another six weeks then another four weeks then another six weeks I still don’t have my gift card. Escallation numbers mean nothing and so does the apologies I’m tired of waiting for this gift card it’s been three months I don’t understand how it could take so long the apologies don’t mean anything.

In the same boat. We need to file for a consumers complaint.

If i'm pay my service fees late, I get dinged with late charges. Yet Rogers can break their 6 weeks promise on a $150 GC!

Greetings @JS40, @JuanD, @Marinacacic, @danieljai_2020,

A very warm welcome to the community, we hope you enjoy your time here! 😊

We understand that you've been experiencing some delays with receiving your gift cards. Please see below for the anticipated timelines of how the offer works:

- Installation of Ignite TV services must occur within 30 days of the offer being presented in order to be considered eligible.

- Up to 6 weeks after your installation, you’ll receive an email with instructions on how to register for your gift card (you’ll have the choice of a physical or electronic gift card). 

- Please be sure to also check your junk mail folder, should the email end up there inadvertently. You'll have up to 45 days to action the email before your eligibility runs out.

- Once you’ve successfully registered for the card you can expect to receive your electronic gift card within 1-2 weeks (by email) or the physical gift card within 3-4 weeks (by mail), depending on the option selected.

If the allotted time has passed and you either have not received the initial email to register OR you have already successfully registered and have not received your gift card in a reasonable amount of time, please send us a PM so we can investigate further.

If you or Rogers has already escalated an email to the third party vendor and you received an email confirmation acknowledging your request, **PLEASE DO NOT SEND THEM ANY FURTHER EMAILS** and please wait for your escalation to be investigated and actioned at their end. It may take up to 4 weeks to receive a registration email in your inbox. After you’ve successfully registered for the card, electronic gift cards take 1-2 weeks to arrive. Physical gift cards take 3-4 weeks and will arrive in the mail. NOTE: The email may come from either rogers@prepaiddigitalsolutions.com OR rogers@e.helloworldmail.com.

If you do not receive your registration email within 4 weeks of escalating, please send us a PM so we may investigate further. 

For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Thank you kindly!

RogersLaura

Marinacacic
I plan to stick around

Thanks for nothing Laura I’ve already heard all of this and it means absolutely nothing like I said you keep on telling me six weeks then another four weeks and another six weeks and then another four weeks so what you’re telling me is futile frustrating and absolutely not the case. These are perfunctory stock responses that you have copied and pasted from some sort of manual that’s been given to you it doesn’t resolve any issue at all and apparently I’m not the only one so please keep your apologies and stop telling me to check my junk mail. I’ve heard the same script from every person that I’ve spoken to and it still hasn’t been resolved.

Marinacacic
I plan to stick around
Laura if you had read my initial post I have already told you that I’ve had this escalated with two or three different escalation numbers to no avail so please keep your copied and pasted responses for somebody else because you’re not helping at all

JS40
I've been here awhile
I sent the email to your fulfillment provider on November 6th and received an acknowledgment of receipt and a case number. There has been no communication by them since. No gift card link, nothing. I am tired of chasing this down. Quite frankly, it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to ensure a positive consumer experience and to deliver on your offers. At this point, I ask that someone contact me and confirm that my gift card will be issued immediately. This is absolute nonsense. How can you run people around for months without repercussion? Why am I expected to chase this down? You have the information, you have the means to address it, SO FIX IT.

Marinacacic
I plan to stick around
I still haven’t received the email and so when I do I’m sure you’ll tell me you’re sorry and that it’s going to take another six weeks? But please give me some more apologies and make sure you copy and paste a response because that really helps. This is ridiculous that I have to chase this down repeatedly.
Topic Stats