cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV Promo - Amazon Gift Card

Mait1
I've been here awhile

Hi
I changed my plan to and ignite internet and tv bundle back in February and was supposed to receive a $100 amazon gift card as part of the promotion. I have never received this despite having contacted customer service twice and being promised a follow up. Has anyone else had this issue?

***Edited Labels***

114 REPLIES 114

Re: Ignite TV Promo - Amazon Gift Card

JDS_Ott
I plan to stick around

Hi rendt,

How did you accomplish this? The process/business model is designed to frustrate customers to the point where they forget about it and move on. I believe there is no good faith with Rogers to honor this promotion - it's a catch me if you can deal. They have deniability using a 3rd party. You defied odds here.

I think if there was transparency on this process, users like us would be ok with longer than initially advised wait times. 

Anyway, for my CCTS case I specified acceptable outcome is to have existing customers be credited for face amount on roger's acct, or provided a gift card as they were promised.

I am happy for you.

rendt
I'm here a lot

It was equally frustrating for me. At the end of the 6 weeks I had to have a rep send my case for escalation, on which I was told to wait up to another 4 weeks.. After that I just continued waiting and regularly checked my email. I wasn't expecting it either but this afternoon when i checked my email, it was there. Email came from 'Rogers Communication <rogers@e.helloworldemail.com>' so you may want to keep an eye or search for that sender..

By now, I don't think I want to be excited yet.. I wont be satisfied until I actually receive the gift card.. I chose the digital version so hopefully it will arrive sooner and I will give more update..

RayB50
I plan to stick around

Happy to hear that you've gotten close to the promised coupon. I've given up after getting repeated emails from the so called "office of the president", planning calls which never arrived.
It's dispicable behavior by a supposed reputable company. I'm out - best of luck to all.

SidneyAnthony
I've been around
Same thins happening to me! I was supposed to receive an invitation to register for a $150 Amazon gift card for my internet installation in September 1st. I’ve escalated the problem twice by contacting Rogers and nothing. It’s really frustrating to think Rogers promises these promotions and fails to follow through.

prnw
I've been here awhile
Yes, I have similar issue. I took rogers ignite internet and TV bundle. I was suppose to get $250 gift card as promotion but even after 4-5 weeks, I haven't received it yet. Now, I am trying to call customer care but not able to reach, it just keeps me waiting for hours. No clue what to do next? How to reach and rectify it?

JDS_Ott
I plan to stick around

I want to update the forum with status. After ccts complaint was issued, the Rogers office of president staff reached out and provided a resolution plan. I stated I want all others on forum to have similar resolution, but comment was individuals need to escalate through support staff.

I rejected ccts closure as I want to actually receive the gift card, and that others on forum remain impacted. I think this is fair.

I will say Rogers staff have been reasonable to deal with (for me a big change from 7 years ago when I was last a Rogers customer), but the company policies limit their ability to properly resolve something that should be very simple.

Greetings @SidneyAnthony@prnw and @JDS_Ott,

If you are new to the community, welcome! If this was your first post here, congrats! 🙂

Thanks for sharing your gift card experiences and we are disappointed to hear that you've been having some difficulty with getting your hands on the gift cards. This is definitely not the ideal situation or how we would have liked things to go. 

@SidneyAnthony: we appreciate the PM!

@prnw: Just to clarify a few things, when did you activate your Ignite TV bundle with us? Have you already received the registration email and did you complete your registration successfully? 

@JDS_Ott: We understand that this matter has already been escalated and is under review. We truly hope that your situation is resolved in a timely manner. 

Please see below for the anticipated timelines of how the offer works:

- Installation of Ignite TV services must occur within 30 days of the offer being presented in order to be considered eligible.

- Up to 6 weeks after your installation, you’ll receive an email with instructions on how to register for your gift card (you’ll have the choice of a physical or electronic gift card). 

- Please be sure to also check your junk mail folder, should the email end up there inadvertently. You'll have up to 45 days to action the email before your eligibility runs out.

- Once you’ve successfully registered for the card you can expect to receive your electronic gift card within 1-2 weeks (by email) or the physical gift card within 3-4 weeks (by mail), depending on the option selected.

If the allotted time has passed and you either have not received the initial email to register OR you have already successfully registered and have not received your gift card in a reasonable amount of time, please advise!

Thank you,

RogersLaura

prnw
I've been here awhile
@RogersYasmine thanks for responding my queries. activated it on 6th oct and haven’t received any registration email till now.

JDS_Ott
I plan to stick around

@RogersYasmine 

Yes, only due to ccts complaint added, the office of the president has reached out. They are anxious to close the ccts file, but their response missed key contextual points of prior communications and dates missed, and did not give a root cause to the problem. Also the response does not address for the balance of customers some of whom are on this forum voicing same issue I have. Verbally, was suggested that the 3rd party involved with issuing emails/cards was overloaded.

Thanks for your comments though.

Hello @prnw,

Thanks for the clarification, I appreciate it! 🙂

If possible, please give it the full 6 weeks to see if the registration email arrives (by November 17th). If you still have not heard anything, you can send us a Private Message @CommunityHelps and we'll be happy to look into it for you! Please don't forget to also check your junk mail folder as well.

Kind regards,

RogersLaura

acava1
I'm here a lot
Just had this same issue. They told me it was sent out to get sent to me in my email, but it turned out they never did. They will not send me a gift card because the promotion has passed. Quite disappointing considering when I expressed my disappointment the lady on the end chuckled.

They also told me I would be getting a gift card to make up for the first payment, yet I will not be getting one and they think bill credit it enough after making me wait 2 months 🙂 I was told unless I have picture proof of the deal they cannot accommodate and I will not be getting the gift card. I would tell them you have a picture of the deal and would ask them to explain it because they seem to tell one deal and not give it to the customer.

JDS_Ott
I plan to stick around

Hi @acava1 ,

If you would consider a ccts complaint, I would be pretty sure you would get your entitled card. I think it's worth it. It took me 10 mins to submit (and I added the chat transcript).

Rogers edited a previous post on this forum of mine where I shared the file# of my submission, so can't provide that.

I hope you get what Rogers promised you. 

Oh, I have been chatting with them since 11:48am this morning. They refuse to give me anything of the sorts,

JDS_Ott
I plan to stick around

@acava1 

CCTS is the commission for complaints for Telecom, and they will address your issue (which is similar to mine, and I did this process). The whole promo should be automatic, not requiring monitoring of a spam folder, for an email with phishing similarities, and a registration. Makes no sense to me, unless there is a desire to not honor it for some % of the eligible clients.

Save your transcripts from your chats, and enclose them in your CCTS file. You will not have to waste another minute on chat with Rogers about whether or not they sent you an email to your spam folder.

Jojold
I've been around
Such a scam! Rogers did this just to rope people in which is false advertising! Very disappointing and will be moving my business elsewhere. Installed my internet on August 31 and told it will take 30 days. Nothing. Called 5 different agents all with varying responses. It is November and nothing still. Will never recommend Rogers to anyone

Lukass
I've been here awhile
This is hopeless, had a conversation with them last week and promised to send me email. Didn't get any update, did follow up last friday and all I got is "we don't have update with your concern". If Rogers is not planning to reward their consumers with the promised promotion just tell us straight forward. Don't just leave your consumers hoping to get the said promotion and frustrated bouncing back and forth dealing with this never ending promises.

ok31
I plan to stick around
I still have not recieved my Amazon gift card and it has been more than 8 weeks. How much longer do I have to wait before I file a complaint? This is basically a scam and I have been waiting so long. I check my spam folder daily so I know for certain that it is not lost within my emails. All in all, nothing has been sent and at this point, I am disappointed in Rogers. I have talked to Moderators on this forum before and they tell me the same thing, that it will come eventually. But 8 weeks has passed and nothing.

Josel
I've been here awhile
Yes, I have the same problem. They offered me a 150$ Amazon gift card and I haven't received any Gift card. I have talked to the customer service 3 times and they say only keep waiting. I have been waiting for more than 2 months.

Hi there,

When I signed up for Rogers ignite internet I was told I would be receiving a promotion ( an amazon or Walmart gift card, I was told). After three weeks of not receiving an email, checking my junk and spam mail daily, I contacted Rogers support. I was then told it could take up to 6 weeks from installation date to receive. It is now past that point and I have yet to see anything.

I really hope this promised promotion gets fulfilled and sorted out on Rogers end, ASAP.

KrymsonRed
I've been here awhile
I finally received my email. I opted for a physical Walmart card yet lo & behold, today I received an email on how to redeem a digital Amazon card. I shop at Walmart more than Amazon. I would prefer a Walmart card in the mail. But it looks like I'll be taking Amazon so as not to lose the gift card.
Topic Stats