cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV Promo - Amazon Gift Card

Mait1
I've been here awhile

Hi
I changed my plan to and ignite internet and tv bundle back in February and was supposed to receive a $100 amazon gift card as part of the promotion. I have never received this despite having contacted customer service twice and being promised a follow up. Has anyone else had this issue?

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ignite TV Promo - Amazon Gift Card

RogersZia

Good evening  @Mait1,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 

I hope you're enjoying the Ignite TV service so far :). 

The $100 Amazon gift card was a lucrative offer for sure. Eligible customers were sent an invitation up to 21 days after installation was completed and the customers had 30 days to register on rogerspromotions.com. The email included instructions on how to register for the $100 Amazon gift card. Did you already complete this step? 

Please keep us posted!

@JR20,  welcome to the Community and thank you for your post!

I can imagine how challenging the experience must be for you. For the Nov/December offer, the gift card was emailed to the email address on file within 14 business days after the installation. Did you check the junk mail folder to ensure you did not miss the email? 

Since we do not have a way to mail out the gift card once the promotional time has lapsed, I believe my colleagues over the phone did offer you the best compensation they could. While it may not be the ideal resolution you were hoping for, we do try our best to address the concerns of our customers.

RogersZia

View solution in original post

114 REPLIES 114

JR20
I've been here awhile

Roger's offered me free installation and a $100 Amazon gift card as an inducement to subscribe December 2019. That made it a better deal than bell fibe. I was told the amazon card would take a while to process and to be patient. Today I contacted Rogers to tell them that the gift card was STILL not delivered.  They told me that I was no longer eligible for the gift card because 90 days had expired. I had never been informed about a 90 day limitation,  only told to be patient about the arrival of the card. After much wrangling they offered me a $ 50 (yes, $50!) credit on my bill. They seemed absolutely disinterested that the agreement was for a $100 gift card. What happened to the other $50 that I was contractually promised? Is this the type of service that Rogers offers?

RogersZia

Good evening  @Mait1,

I hope you're enjoying the Ignite TV service so far :). 

The $100 Amazon gift card was a lucrative offer for sure. Eligible customers were sent an invitation up to 21 days after installation was completed and the customers had 30 days to register on rogerspromotions.com. The email included instructions on how to register for the $100 Amazon gift card. Did you already complete this step? 

Please keep us posted!

@JR20,  welcome to the Community and thank you for your post!

I can imagine how challenging the experience must be for you. For the Nov/December offer, the gift card was emailed to the email address on file within 14 business days after the installation. Did you check the junk mail folder to ensure you did not miss the email? 

Since we do not have a way to mail out the gift card once the promotional time has lapsed, I believe my colleagues over the phone did offer you the best compensation they could. While it may not be the ideal resolution you were hoping for, we do try our best to address the concerns of our customers.

RogersZia

Mait1
I've been here awhile
No email has ever been received and no other compensation was offered in the 2 times I have contacted customer service since my installation in February. Needless to say I am frustrated.

Hello @Mait1,

I understand your concerns over not receiving the Amazon gift card, I'd be disappointed as well. 😞

I am sorry to hear that you did not receive the email invitation to apply for the gift card. By any chance, did you check your junk mail folder during that time to ensure it wasn't inadvertently sent there? When you spoke to our customer care team, what did they advise?

If you would like us to look into this matter further, please send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please CLICK HERE.

Kind regards,

RogersLaura

ok31
I plan to stick around

I am a new Rogers customer and was supposed to receive a $150 amazon gift card because of the ignite internet package I purchased and the ongoing promotion. However, I have yet to receive this gift card and I did not get much information on how this gift card was to be delivered and no email has been sent out. Is there any information I can get? 

RogersAndy
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @ok31!

Welcome to the community!

Definitely reach out to us for more information as recommended in the previous post here by RogersLaura. :).

@RogersAndy

Hi,

I registered for rogers ignite services and i was given promotional offer of $150 Amazon Gift Card but its been long time, i didn't get any email for that and didn't receive any follow-up.

Pls help

Hi @Mahi13,

How are you liking the Ignite services so far? May I know when you signed up for the Ignite services? Eligible customers are typically sent an invitation up to 21 days after installation is completed and the customers then have 30 days to register on rogerspromotions.com. The initial email would've included instructions on how to register for the Amazon gift card. Did you already complete this step? 

Please keep us posted!

RogersZia

NightHawk29
I plan to stick around

21 days you say? Well as of today I am 4 weeks (28 days) after installation and still no email. I contacted support about this a week ago and was told to wait and see by today (Sept.29) and well it's 10:37pm and nothing yet. This is ridiculous that we have to chase someone down for this when it should just be automatic.

I will be calling in tomorrow morning and I expect to receive this $150 Amazon gift card as promised. This was also promised in chat and I have the transcript saved in my email.

barryli
I've been here awhile

I am experiencing the same issue as other users - still haven't received any instructions. What really irritates me is that the customer service rep told me to wait 3 weeks for instructions for the gift card, and they probably knew after 4 weeks they were getting voided in the past. That is idiotic.

NightHawk29
I plan to stick around

Now today I was told it is back logged and upwards of 6 weeks! This is absolutely ridiculous and Rogers listen to this, if I do not get the gift card promised when I signed up I will cancel my services and go elsewhere!

ok31
I plan to stick around

Yup thats exactly what they told me as well. 😞

@barryli, I see you've reached out via CommunityHelps. We'll be happy to continue the conversation on there.

@NightHawk29, the duration of receiving the initial email can vary depending on the offer type, if you and @ok31 had the offer added at the time of the install order, and you follow the steps from the email, you will receive your gift card.

Hope this helps!

RogersZia

barryli
I've been here awhile

Thank you RogerZia for starting a correspondence via PM to address my concerns.

NightHawk29
I plan to stick around

@RogersZia Thanks for the reply.

I will wait and see and hope the email actually arrives sooner than later. Thing is, being told 3 weeks, then 4 weeks and now upwards of 6 weeks just doesn't instill a lot of confidence on my end you know? I will wait and see though and if nothing by the 6 week mark I will reach out again.

ok31
I plan to stick around

Agreed, I am still being asked to fill in a form to confirm my account but I sent one many times. At this point, I am worried I won't be getting the email. It shouldn't take this long and its already been over two weeks. I am worried that the gift card will "expire" by the time I recieve it. 

Niurkalenghel
I've been around

same to me, I never receive any card from them 

Greetings @Niurkalenghel,

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you have yet to receive your promotional gift card. I'm sure this has been very disappointing for you. 😞

Those who are eligible for the Amazon gift card promo should receive an email within about 4-6 weeks following activation with instructions on how to register for their physical or electronic Amazon gift card. Customers will then have up to 45 days (from the email sent date) to register. **Be sure to check your junk mail folder to ensure you haven't missed the email.

Can you kindly verify when your Ignite TV bundle services were activated? Also, when did you receive the registration email and did you follow the steps to receive your gift card? 

We look forward to your response!

RogersLaura

lolawhite
I've been around

In August I switched to Rogers ignite and was supposed to get $150 MasterCard for doing so. I received the email to sign up for it mid August and did that. Still nothing. In September I also signed up for cell service and was supposed to get a tablet for doing so. I’ve received nothing. Who do I contact regarding this?

snocow
I plan to stick around

As a long term Rogers customer so speaking from experience...anything you are offered will not come easy. You will learn over time to have everything noted and recorded on interaction ID's before you sign. You WILL have to follow up multiple times. You work for Rogers now...they don't work for you....modern customer service.

If you are documented properly and are persistent you will overcome!

Good Luck and don't accept anything less than what you were offered in kind i.e. account credit and don't be afraid to escalate!

Topic Stats