How long does Rogers send me my refund

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

How long does Rogers send me my refund

I closed my old account with family plan and opened a new account with Rogers. There is some credit on my old account. A rep said they will send me a cheque. It's been at least a month and I haven't received the cheque. How long does it take typically for a cheque to be sent?

Thanks.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: How long does Rogers send me my refund

With just about ANY service i have dealth with in the past...
Hydro, gas, bell, etc..

Payment! you need to do in the 30 days, etc.

Refunds though?  Usually 4-8 weeks... 😞

I had a BIG issue with bell on that, where i submitted a bill payment to the wrong account.. like $200ish. 
I asked if they could move from one account to the other..  NOPE.. they have to refund then pay the other.
But they expected me to pay the $200 to the other right away.. and WAIT for the 200 refund back for like 4-8 weeks 😞

I would GUESS rogers may be much the same 😞

Retired Moderator RogersMichaelB
Retired Moderator

Hi @jclee48431 , welcome to the community. Smiley Happy

I can shed some light on your inquiry.

If your account was cancelled and a credit balance remains on your account after final billing:

You will be refunded by cheque approximately within 6 weeks from the date you cancelled.

Hope this helps!

I'm a Trusted Contributor

If the Prev acct was in your name then you can call credit operations and have them transfer the BALANCE to your new ACCT.

If the account was in another clients name and you did a  transfer of ownership... then you can have them (the prev account holer) call and request the credit to your new acct...

This will avoid waiting time 🙂 Well waiting as long anyways I believe acct bal transfer is 3-7 days

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you. It's been 3 month and I haven't received the cheque. I will call Rogers to find out.

Good evening @jclee48431

I can confirm that this is definitely taking longer than it should.

Since your last post, have you contacted our customer service department to clarify the issue with the refund being sent out by cheque ?

Let us know if the situation is resolved or not Smiley Wink

It would be my pleasure to have our @CommunityHelps  team reach out to you via Private Message for further assistance.

Regards,

RogersMaude

I've Been Around

I recently cancelled my Rogers Wireless services and now have a credit on my account (because I cancelled mid-month). Will this credit be refunded to be by cheque? I won't have another bill so the credit can't be applied to my next bill like it normally would.

Thanks.

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Hi @Lena-

Welcome to the Community Smiley Happy

You can find the solution listed above. Let us know if you have any other questions.

RogersAsif

I've Been Around

I have cancelled my Rogers account and my final December 2015 billing shows a credit of $xx.xx.  When can I expect my refund.

Please email to my above email as I no longer have access to my Rogers email account, very disappointing as I have lost 15 years of emails/photos, etc.

Regards

Pam Lawrence

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

When you cancel your rogers accout.. it cancels the email account associated it.

(now my understanding, is that when you try to log into it after its canceled, its suposed to prompt you to convert it to a YAHOO one.... never done it myself though)

Not sure if they can email you from here, but if one of the reps or @CommunityHelps is able to help, they may be able to PM you on here.

Refunds i THINK are somewhere like 3-6 weeks.
(and yes.. its aful.. but its not just rogers.. i have had refunds from the elec company, bell, etc.. they are all the same)